Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2012   #41
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Nike Vapor Jet Pro Bowl Gloves

Enough "Oregon"ing of uniforms.

Leave them as they are.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #42
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Do want the Texans Vapors! Will the logo be on there also?

They need to release better color ways for the fitted and snap backs when they make them. Only good fitted I liked was the 'Skins one....
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I disagree. Your opinion is a popular one when these discussions come up, but change is exciting. And, we're not some old school AFL team who has history with our unis. There's no reason we should try to be the Steelers or the Bears.

There's nothing wrong with changing up the unis after a period of time like the Pats or the Chargers or the Bucs.
The Texans uni are relatively new, I can understand wanting them to be the same for a while.

I like when the throw backs look totally different from the regular uniforms, like the old Packers, Jets...

Since throwbacks are part of the NFL now.. let's roll with it.
Old 01-30-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

There's really not much of a difference between this & today's uniform.

The sleeves are an undergarment that most players don't (& probably won't) wear anyway.
Old 01-30-2012   #45
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

The sleeves are an undergarment that most players don't (& probably won't) wear anyway.
But they've NEVER worn the Red Top / Blue Pants combo. (I've wanted to see it for awhile). So that, and the star on the pants are the biggest changes I see.
Old 01-30-2012   #46
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post

Do want the Texans Vapors! Will the logo be on there also?

They need to release better color ways for the fitted and snap backs when they make them. Only good fitted I liked was the 'Skins one....
That will be the Texans sideline fitted, which the team will wear, so they'll be more colorways. As far as snapback goes, death to them, I hope none are made lol.

Ill buy that Texans hat though, i need a simple navy one, but Ill get one in Navy/Red to match my Rockets one.

le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #47
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they're changing the uniform that much. I'ts more of a format change rather than color changes. If they want to update the materials and make the unis have a modern feel I'm good with that because they aren't changing the colors or the logos. Red top/Blue bottom would be a wicked combo for regular games...not just breaking out red for Battle Red...and with the lost white helmet? Hell yeah. The gloves and cleats are ok, nothing special. It's not like they're going to pinstripes (the sure sign a team is dead in this town) and cartoonish bull or pinstripes and completely different color scheme than they had before.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2012   #48
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

they're really not going to make snapbacks because acouple people hate em...

Dont spoil it for those that do want some...

lol

i will get the fitted either way tho, along with a snap back if they release it
Old 01-30-2012   #49
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans uni are relatively new, I can understand wanting them to be the same for a while.

I like when the throw backs look totally different from the regular uniforms, like the old Packers, Jets...

Since throwbacks are part of the NFL now.. let's roll with it.
I agree with this. I'm not advocating for a uni change right now. I just don't agree with the folks that are against a uni change at any point in time.

One thing I wouldn't mind now, though, is a scheme change. For instance, all Steel Blue for home games, all Liberty White for road games (including the helmets), and maybe continue the Battle Red jerseys for a game or two a season (but use them with the blue pants).
Old 01-30-2012   #50
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I agree with this. I'm not advocating for a uni change right now. I just don't agree with the folks that are against a uni change at any point in time.

One thing I wouldn't mind now, though, is a scheme change. For instance, all Steel Blue for home games, all Liberty White for road games (including the helmets), and maybe continue the Battle Red jerseys for a game or two a season (but use them with the blue pants).
Keep the color schemes the way they are but change Battle Red to blue pants instead of white, looks much better IMO
Old 01-30-2012   #51
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

New Era better be making Low Crown models, I hate how high the normal caps sit on my head.
Old 01-31-2012   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think if the under shirt looked like that more players would wear it because it goes with the uniform...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #53
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
New Era better be making Low Crown models, I hate how high the normal caps sit on my head.
I really really don't like the flat bill type hats that most of the kids wear these days. My son has a few of them and I won't let him wear it forward, allowing himself to look thug-ish. Those are the only hats he can wear backwards. That's the only way they look somewhat normal.

WTF happened to the good ol ball cap style with the adjustable snap in the back?
Old 01-31-2012   #54
Javi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I really really don't like the flat bill type hats that most of the kids wear these days. My son has a few of them and I won't let him wear it forward, allowing himself to look thug-ish. Those are the only hats he can wear backwards. That's the only way they look somewhat normal.

WTF happened to the good ol ball cap style with the adjustable snap in the back?
You do realize that all New Era caps come new with a flat bill, right? It's up to the wearer to decide how to wear it. I have an Astros New Era cap, and I loathe the flat bill - I must curve it.]

As far as the Nike contract goes, I don't think there will be any drastic uni changes. The NFL and its teams control all that. The true change will be in materials and the manufacturer logo.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #55
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
You do realize that all New Era caps come new with a flat bill, right? It's up to the wearer to decide how to wear it. I have an Astros New Era cap, and I loathe the flat bill - I must curve it.]

As far as the Nike contract goes, I don't think there will be any drastic uni changes. The NFL and its teams control all that. The true change will be in materials and the manufacturer logo.
And? I don't recall mentioning the New Era junk

The flat bill caps have the high top as well. Bend it all you want, it'll still stand 4 inches off the top of your head.
Old 01-31-2012   #56
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

in the pros, each team decides how/what they're uniform will look like...not the apparel company.

our uniforms will look the same, the only difference will be how the jersey itself is put together (material, texture, stitching).
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #57
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The flat bill caps have the high top as well. Bend it all you want, it'll still stand 4 inches off the top of your head.
Yeah, I'm not a fan either. I like my slouch caps.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #58
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This concerns me as well. Do the baseball players on the field wear the same design, or are they custom with a more smaller top?
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #59
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
This concerns me as well. Do the baseball players on the field wear the same design, or are they custom with a more smaller top?
Here is your traditional baseball cap:

And this is the dorky flat bill:

The Ball cap fits snuggly to your head
Old 01-31-2012   #60
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I would say that it is about 50-50 normal crown vs low crown. I own two different Astros caps and Corpus Christi Hooks cap, they are all low crown New Era on the field. Astros low crowns can be hard to get ahold of because the team is not that popular.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read