Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-01-2012   #41
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Casey as a WR

Wouldn't Robinson be thinking about demanding more than WR2 money now that teams see he can be a double digit TD, and possibly 1000yd guy?

Regarding Meachem, it could be said that everyone not Graham, Colston, or Sproles underachieved. But 600 yards, 6TDs for someone not starting is worth looking at. However, the few times he's mentioned in game commentary I think he's regarded as having unreliable hands. The same used to be said for Pierre Garcon. But I think he's made some of the flashiest catches this year, and is a real threat for busting yards after the catch.

I hope they look for someone to lock down the WR2 spot and hope the draft gives them the WR1. The team's going to be pressed up against the cap for the forseeable future, and looking for a WR1 in free agency is just asking for an albatross. I'd like Doucet or Garcon.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I have the same question about Meachem.

I agree with Meachem. If Meachum can't make it in the offense he is in, he won't be as impressive in our offense.

I personally think we've got time... Let's draft young guys, UDFA, run them through here till we find something special, ala Victor Cruz, Laurent Robinson...
Old 02-01-2012   #43
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with Meachem. If Meachum can't make it in the offense he is in, he won't be as impressive in our offense.

I personally think we've got time... Let's draft young guys, UDFA, run them through here till we find something special, ala Victor Cruz, Laurent Robinson...
What makes you think Meachem can't make it in that Saints offense? He's had three straight years with over six hundred yards receiving. The Saints offense is more of a spread offense that gets multiple receivers involved. Meachem was one of seven Saints receivers to record over four hundred yards through the air. Meachem was fifth in yards receiving on that Saints team with 620 yards. Owen Daniels was the only Texans WR to have over 620 yards this year receiving (677). I would not be surprised if Meachem had a thousand yards next year with a different team.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
What makes you think Meachem can't make it in that Saints offense? He's had three straight years with over six hundred yards receiving. The Saints offense is more of a spread offense that gets multiple receivers involved. Meachem was one of seven Saints receivers to record over four hundred yards through the air. Meachem was fifth in yards receiving on that Saints team with 620 yards. Owen Daniels was the only Texans WR to have over 620 yards this year receiving (677). I would not be surprised if Meachem had a thousand yards next year with a different team.
He's behind Henderson & Moore on their depth chart. He's getting 600 yards in their "spread" offense. Like you said, we don't throw it around as much. He's not going to come to Houston & be a 1000 yard receiver, or a 700 yard receiver. He definitely won't be getting 6 TDs, when Andre can't get but 9 in a record setting year.
Old 02-01-2012   #45
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's behind Henderson & Moore on their depth chart. He's getting 600 yards in their "spread" offense. Like you said, we don't throw it around as much. He's not going to come to Houston & be a 1000 yard receiver, or a 700 yard receiver. He definitely won't be getting 6 TDs, when Andre can't get but 9 in a record setting year.
I wouldn't expect Meachem to catch six touchdowns here either but I think he would be a valuable #2 WR behind Johnson. I think he's a better WR than Jacoby Jones and I believe he would add something to this offense that Kevin Walter lacks. I thought Meachem was productive in an offense that had two 1,000 yard receivers (Colston & Graham) and multiple other options to choose from. I don't think 700 yards is out of reach for him in Houston's offense. I wouldn't mind Houston drafting a WR in the first round instead, though.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I wouldn't expect Meachem to catch six touchdowns here either but I think he would be a valuable #2 WR behind Johnson. I think he's a better WR than Jacoby Jones and I believe he would add something to this offense that Kevin Walter lacks. I thought Meachem was productive in an offense that had two 1,000 yard receivers (Colston & Graham) and multiple other options to choose from. I don't think 700 yards is out of reach for him in Houston's offense. I wouldn't mind Houston drafting a WR in the first round instead, though.
I see Meachum as a lateral move. A replacement.... maybe, an upgrade... not so much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read