Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-26-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dolphins making change to 4-3 defense

ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk
Dolphins making change to 4-3 defense wp.me/p14QSB-LiG

Dolphins making change to 4-3 defense

The Dolphins are changing the most successful part of their team.

The organization has decided to transition from the old Parcells/Sparano/Nolan 3-4 defense to a 4-3 attack for 2012, according to Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post. This is an odd decision for a few reasons.

First, the Dolphins defense has been rather successful the last two years. Miami finished sixth in points allowed in 2011, and sixth in yards allowed in 2010. It wasn’t a perfect group, but their talent seemed well suited to a 3-4 defense.

The other odd part: The team doesn’t have a defensive coordinator yet. Mike Nolan has left for Atlanta and Todd Bowles is not expected to return. G.M. Jeff Ireland reportedly told his scouts to start looking for 4-3 players back in December.

At this point, Bengals secondary coach Kevin Coyle sounds like a strong candidate for the defensive coordinator post. The change in defense will make Cameron Wake a defensive end again.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #2
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2774 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins making change to 4-3 defense

They're going to come after Mario hard if we drop him...
Old 01-26-2012   #3
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
They're going to come after Mario hard if we drop him...
I heard they are going strong after Peyton. Can they afford both Mario and Peyton?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was the Dolphins a healthy Peyton would outweigh Mario.

They have talent on the defensive side of the ball that can get them by.

Offensively they've got some nice talent, but QB play is killing them.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #5
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 234 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of their best talent is on their line but do they move Starks and Wake inside or just find another tackle?
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for the Texans. One less team to draft 3-4 prospects.
Old 01-26-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
If I was the Dolphins a healthy Peyton would outweigh Mario.

They have talent on the defensive side of the ball that can get them by.

Offensively they've got some nice talent, but QB play is killing them.
But Flynn, according to what I've read, will follow his OC. No?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2012   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd actually like to see Miami pick up Mario and VY, but only for the notoriety that the Heat and the Dolphins have both had the 1-2-3 picks from a draft year on their team.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I surprised no one has mentioned getting a NT or LB who is better suited for 3-4 for our needs.
Old 01-26-2012   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
But Flynn, according to what I've read, will follow his OC. No?
No clue, I'm just saying IF given between a healthy Manning and MW, QB is a bigger issue for them.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #11
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 234 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Actually, I surprised no one has mentioned getting a NT or LB who is better suited for 3-4 for our needs.
Thought that too, with Soliai reported to be let go, and defaulting his way to a pro bowl nod. Plus it gets us one of those awesome Samoans!

Few teams may be switching to 3-4 and of the current ones a few could do to replace their NT. I'd hate if the Colts got him.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineo View Post
Thought that too, with Soliai reported to be let go, and defaulting his way to a pro bowl nod. Plus it gets us one of those awesome Samoans!

Few teams may be switching to 3-4 and of the current ones a few could do to replace their NT. I'd hate if the Colts got him.
I was thinking of this too. Trade Mario for Soliai.

Antonio Smith - Paul Soliai - JJ Watt
Connor Barwin - Brian Cushing - Demeco Ryans - Brooks Reed

Damn, that front 7 looks pretty stout. If we do that, I think we need look at an OLB fairly early in the draft. I'd really like to see at least 3 quality pass rushers rotating during the year.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read