Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2012   #61
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rename the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Houston Flux Capacitors
....and our offensive linemen would carry tazers. TD everytime Baby!!! LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #62
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Houston Flux Capacitors

Our logo

This would be awesome, we could go back in time and not draft Bennie Joppru, and we could stop the Dayne Train from ending anyones careers.
Old 01-25-2012   #63
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1945 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pittsburg Pennsylvanians, The Buffalo New Yorkers, The Oakland Californians, The Cleveland Ohioans, The Baltimore Marylanders, The Green Bay Wisconsonites, The Chicago Illinoians, The Miami Floridians, The New Orleans Louisianaians, The Seattle Washingtonians, New England Massachussens, The Denver Coloradans, The Detroit Michiganders, Michiganians, Michiganers, Michiganites....take your pick. The Atlanta Georgians, The Carolina North Carolinians, The Kansas City Kansans...or is it Missourans? The St.Louis Missourans!

Anyway, just a short excersise to see what it would be like if all the other teams named themselves after their State.

I knew there was a reason I never really cared for the name "Texans" when attached to the team. I'm obviously proud to be a Texan as I'm from Texas, but I wonder what players that come here from other states think? I mean if I played for the Oakland team and was from Texas, it would probably be easier for me to feel prideful to be a RAIDER rather than a Californian, cause I'm not a Californian, I don't want to be a Californian...no confusion here guys, I'm a Texan! Meh...I guess you pay me enough you can call me whatever you want.
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #64
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroot View Post
The Pittsburg Pennsylvanians, The Buffalo New Yorkers, The Oakland Californians, The Cleveland Ohioans, The Baltimore Marylanders, The Green Bay Wisconsonites, The Chicago Illinoians, The Miami Floridians, The New Orleans Louisianaians, The Seattle Washingtonians, New England Massachussens, The Denver Coloradans, The Detroit Michiganders, Michiganians, Michiganers, Michiganites....take your pick. The Atlanta Georgians, The Carolina North Carolinians, The Kansas City Kansans...or is it Missourans? The St.Louis Missourans!

Anyway, just a short excersise to see what it would be like if all the other teams named themselves after their State.

I knew there was a reason I never really cared for the name "Texans" when attached to the team. I'm obviously proud to be a Texan as I'm from Texas, but I wonder what players that come here from other states think? I mean if I played for the Oakland team and was from Texas, it would probably be easier for me to feel prideful to be a RAIDER rather than a Californian, cause I'm not a Californian, I don't want to be a Californian...no confusion here guys, I'm a Texan! Meh...I guess you pay me enough you can call me whatever you want.
Yeah, just like the Montreal Canadiens, no non Canadian hockey player ever wants to play there. I wonder if some of the smaller guys on the Giants have less pride because they are not really giant?

Also, think about Roger Clements. He is from Texas, he must have been real uncomfortable playing on a team called the Yankees.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #65
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Renaming the Texans?! The Cush says...

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #66
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

What were the other names being proposed? I remember the Apollos and Toros being thrown around before settling with the Texans.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
What were the other names being proposed? I remember the Apollos and Toros being thrown around before settling with the Texans.
Apollos, Bobcats, Stallions, Texans and Wildcatters.
Old 01-26-2012   #68
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Im glad they went with Texans .... the rest of that list blows.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I didn't like the name, still don't particularly but it's done. It's too late to change it and now love it or hate it I'm attached to it in some fashion.

And Crane has no intention of changing the Astros name. He's just throwing everybody off the scent of his agreeing to move to the American League. Once he announces the cool new Astros uniforms and that he's retaining the name nobody will give him any more crap about agreeing to switch leagues.

Smart man actually.
The flapping tongues on the radio (97.5 fm I think) were saying that whoever bought (or kept) the Astros had to agree to move to the AL. So if they're to be believed, Crane had no choice in that aspect of the deal.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #70
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What about the thought of going back to these unis...?

Edit:
Guess he'll have to get rid of that Astrodome thingie on the shoulder...
I would soil myself if they came out of the dig out on opening day in that uniform.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #71
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, it's the Texans now. But I didn't like that name at all when it was first announced. If I remember correctly, I liked the Stallions as one of the names floated for the team. So just for the sake of argument, I throw that out.
And you thought bulls on parade was gay? I'll never forget watching a rockets game that Calvin Murphy was calling back in the day and he said " these fellows need to grab on to Hakeem's broad shoulders and ride that stallion home". Maybe it was the way he said it but that had to be one of the gayest things I've ever heard. For some reason every time I hear the word stallion it reminds me of that moment.
Old 01-26-2012   #72
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The flapping tongues on the radio (97.5 fm I think) were saying that whoever bought (or kept) the Astros had to agree to move to the AL. So if they're to be believed, Crane had no choice in that aspect of the deal.
I heard he had a choice but that if he agreed it would cut 40 million off the price.

I never liked the name Astros anyway. It reminds me of the jetsons dog. But I have never been a baseball fan so I could care less. Baseball is like boxing IMO. It's a dead sport. Had it not been for steroids BB would of probably went bankrupt by now.
Old 01-26-2012   #73
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sexans.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #74
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
And you thought bulls on parade was gay? I'll never forget watching a rockets game that Calvin Murphy was calling back in the day and he said " these fellows need to grab on to Hakeem's broad shoulders and ride that stallion home". Maybe it was the way he said it but that had to be one of the gayest things I've ever heard. For some reason every time I hear the word stallion it reminds me of that moment.
This one time, like eight months ago, I saw two guys kissing in a park, and that was the gayest thing I'd ever seen, until I saw that Calvin Murphy quote.
Old 01-27-2012   #75
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Isn't a Wildcatter a dude who runs around and parties all the time?
Yes, and with other peoples money. Often selling 400-500% of production to Investors (suckers). Might as well call them Houston Thieves.

Of course that's better than the Houston Apollos which is a foreign (Greek) god. Why bring disaster upon ourselves by provoking Yahweh (God)?

Now if you HAD to change names, I like the Republicans (as in Republic of Texas) or Secessionists as a wink toward America's Team.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #76
Raf
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Raf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't like any of the names then. Texans has grown on me and well...no looking back now.

But back then, a name that you don't see a whole lot in teams is "Venom". There's no snake-like logo/mascot in the league so I figured that would be original. I know snakes and Houston aren't so synonomous but neither are a lot of other cities with their football teams. Well...unless you bring up the Texas rattlesnake but Houston Rattlesnakes doesn't sound so good to me.

Also....don't know that Venom and the snake (any type) logo would be as marketable as Texans. But while thinking about it...when using Texans...you're sort of isolating your fan base. Sure there will be some from outside of Texas that might buy in...but it'll be rare, whereas if you use something other than Texans...people from outside the state will be more willing to jump on.

For colors...any color will do as the snake family come in all sorts of color combinations and the logo could be very awesome. The possibilities are endless.
Raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #77
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Just think of the abuse McNair would have gotten in the dark years with the name of BOBcats.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #78
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Just think of the abuse McNair would have gotten in the dark years with the name of BOBcats.
Mercy...lol.

Crazy people showing up at his office looking like Bobcat Goldthwait.

Hello, wabbit!
Old 01-27-2012   #79
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, it's the Texans now. But I didn't like that name at all when it was first announced. If I remember correctly, I liked the Stallions as one of the names floated for the team. So just for the sake of argument, I throw that out.
Sounds, ummmm too USFL.
Old 01-27-2012   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sounds, ummmm too USFL.
Kevin Greene was one of the Stallions notable draft picks in 1985...The Rams drafted him the same year (5th round).

Birmingham Stallions

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read