Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2012   #21
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rename the Texans

I say fuk Bud Adams and let's adopt this:

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #22
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I liked the Apollos. But honestly, the name Texans has grown on me. I was skeptical at first, I honestly thought they would change the name after a season, but now I can't imagine any other name. I love the Texans.

Also, Jim Crane would be run out on a rail if he re names the Astros. For a long time, The Astros were the heart and soul of this city! Just because we change leauges doesn't mean we change names too!!! I know that everyone still loves the Astros, and that wonderful feeling that we felt in 2005 at Minute Maid, or even the feeling we felt a couple of weeks ago at Reliant, will be back and strong soon in Minute Maid.
His team, he can do what ever he wants with it and Houston fans will still cheer them on. I kinda hope it happens because Drayton McClain left such a bad taste in my mouth the way he ran that team into the ground on purpose. I say screw it, New owner, new league, new name, new identity....

As for a name or re-name Houston Synergy....

or the Houston Metros like Metroplex...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #23
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously??

It ia going to be a LONG offseason at this rate.
Old 01-25-2012   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Seriously??

It ia going to be a LONG offseason at this rate.
SOOOOO true!! SMH!! Can I just nap until August?
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The BuckFuds!

We could get a logo from one of these:

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #26
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Texans plays off the Cowboys name. Probably intentionally.
I would disagree. Texans brings in the whole state which is a good marketing plow. True, that includes the Dallas area (technically ), but I don't think that is what his motivation was. JMO.

IF that theory of mine is true, however, it's ironic he would name the team something to get all Texans to feel like it is their team then turn around and not lift a finger to market them at all throughout central and south Texas.
Old 01-25-2012   #27
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I also prefer(red) Apollos.

Texans is too cheesy, gimmicky for me. But, that's who we are.

Also would have preferred the Green/Yellow unis that were floated.
Old 01-25-2012   #28
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Astros, and we can use the current logos. I think they would look pretty sick on black helmets!

XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #29
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Old 01-25-2012   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's play musical mascots. We can make the Rockets the name of the baseball team, Astros to football, and Texans to basketball just to piss off the Spurs and Mavs. The Dynamo?? We'll call them the Houston 1836 or maybe the '36'ers.
Old 01-25-2012   #31
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, it's gonna be a long offseason. But I'll play along.

I'm probably one of the few who liked Wildcatters when the final names for the team came out. I just thought it sounded cool. I wasn't a fan of Texans at the time but have grown to like it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #32
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Texans name, our uniforms and our helmets. I think they're awesome!!

I'm glad how it turned out. I still wish we could have named them the Oilers though...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #33
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's just personal taste, but I really like the name Houston Texans. Flows off the tongue well, and hell...I'm a proud Texans, so I've got no qualms there.

I actually hated every other name floated. I would honestly be embarassed to say I am a fan of the Stallions. There's plenty of horse mascots out there (Broncos, Colts). Apollos made sense, but for some reason never really sat well with me. It just doesn't flow right, in my opinion (too similar to Astros, maybe)

To me, the Texans are the perfect choice, and it embodies who we are. Does it seem lazy? Sure. But, honestly, I think it takes a lot of brass in the world of marketing to choose a name like this, knowing you would get that lable. Quite frankly, Texas is the only state you could do this with, and they took full advantage of it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #34
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Gamblers, their unis, colors and logo.

Probably could have reached a deal.

Maybe could have signed their old QB instead of drafting DC. Probably would have turned out better.

Guess the powers that be wouldn't like the name Gamblers in the NFL.

Old 01-25-2012   #35
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Texans, yes...

Astros, broke....

Old 01-25-2012   #36
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Man, it's gonna be a long offseason. But I'll play along.

I'm probably one of the few who liked Wildcatters when the final names for the team came out. I just thought it sounded cool. I wasn't a fan of Texans at the time but have grown to like it.
Isn't a Wildcatter a dude who runs around and parties all the time?

Old 01-25-2012   #37
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like I have entered the .com zone with these threads here lately.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #38
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

The name goes back to the original name of the Cowboys, before they moved to KC. it actually has history, although I don't care to be associated with Dallas in any way.
I'm a TEXAN and damn proud of it!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I was chatting online with a guy from Australia recently. He asked me if I was an Aussie. I replied, "No, I'm a Texan" without even thinking about it. Afterward, it occurred to me that I didn't say American, though I am certainly that.

Anyway, that ought to answer the thread question for me.
Old 01-25-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be in favor of changing it to The Oilers, but that's about it. Oilers just fits so well, it's really a shame Houston lost the name in the move.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read