Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2012   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rename the Texans

There has been some talk of renaming the Astros which is dumb in my opinion. If any team needs to be renamed its the Texans. I have always been a fan of the team and I like the colors and the logo, but the name is bland. They could keep the logo and name the team the Toros or the bulls. Maybe the Hurricanes or the Roughnecks.

In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Just a thought.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #2
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rename the Texans

Texans. That name runs in my blood already. Its going to take a lot to take it out
Old 01-24-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 01-24-2012   #4
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't mess with the Texans.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, it's the Texans now. But I didn't like that name at all when it was first announced. If I remember correctly, I liked the Stallions as one of the names floated for the team. So just for the sake of argument, I throw that out.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Anteaters!!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Drillers!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Crane's an Idiot ... so is the thought of re-naming this team,

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the thought of going back to these unis...?

Edit:
Guess he'll have to get rid of that Astrodome thingie on the shoulder...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
There has been some talk of renaming the Astros which is dumb in my opinion. If any team needs to be renamed its the Texans. I have always been a fan of the team and I like the colors and the logo, but the name is bland. They could keep the logo and name the team the Toros or the bulls. Maybe the Hurricanes or the Roughnecks.

In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, it's the Texans now. But I didn't like that name at all when it was first announced. If I remember correctly, I liked the Stallions as one of the names floated for the team. So just for the sake of argument, I throw that out.
The Stallions sounded too much like the Colts to me.

I was in favor of something that identifies with the city. Houston is noted, world-wide, for two things, Energy and AeroSpace. That's why every other Houston team has a name related to one of those two things.

Dynamo, Oilers -- energy
Aeros, Rockets, Comets, Astros -- AeroSpace

I kinda liked the Roughnecks since it was energy related and those guys are pretty tough to do what they do.

And there's just waaay too many potential Montrose-related jokes in that "Drillers" name.
Old 01-24-2012   #11
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

from an outsiders perspective i think the texans is great. for non-americans like my self there are a few stereo types that come out and one of them is that the state of texas is football mad. also that texas is not southern or midwest its TEXAS.
i really like the texans. even though I'm not a "texan" I'm definitely a
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

that may have not made any sense but ohwell GO TEXANS!!!!
Old 01-24-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
that may have not made any sense but ohwell GO TEXANS!!!!
No, you're spot on.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #14
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

sounded better in my head then when i wrote it down i was like WTF
Old 01-24-2012   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I don't think so. I'm proud of the team and the name, because I'm A Texan dammit!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #16
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Apollos. But honestly, the name Texans has grown on me. I was skeptical at first, I honestly thought they would change the name after a season, but now I can't imagine any other name. I love the Texans.

Also, Jim Crane would be run out on a rail if he re names the Astros. For a long time, The Astros were the heart and soul of this city! Just because we change leauges doesn't mean we change names too!!! I know that everyone still loves the Astros, and that wonderful feeling that we felt in 2005 at Minute Maid, or even the feeling we felt a couple of weeks ago at Reliant, will be back and strong soon in Minute Maid.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
sounded better in my head then when i wrote it down i was like WTF
Nuttin' wrong with your post.

...besides, I'm used to the name now.
I'd have to go and get all deprogrammed if they changed it.
Old 01-24-2012   #18
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans plays off the Cowboys name. Probably intentionally.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #19
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
There has been some talk of renaming the Astros which is dumb in my opinion...
Heard a caller on one of the shows today say, "If he is going to rename the team, he might as well move them to Tennessee."
Old 01-25-2012   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was there a contest I was unaware of? Did Hook'em come into some SB 2013 tickets that he's auctioning off for the worst thread of the week? Seriously first trade schaub/MW for Manning... now rename the team? Roughnecks? Yeah because I want to be sentenced to the "rednecks" for the rest of my life?

Come on guys, man up and stop saying stupid @%@%.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read