Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2012   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Ray Lewis is a class act.

while ravens fans go ape**** (NSFW language) and internet ravens fans compare cundiff to ray finkle, somehow ray lewis is the voice of reason.

http://youtu.be/Nl55Hl3kMW8

Quote:
Ray Lewis addresses the end of the game & Billy Cundiffs' missed Field Goal.
Old 01-23-2012   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Lewis is a class act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
while ravens fans go ape**** (NSFW language) and internet ravens fans compare cundiff to ray finkle, somehow ray lewis is the voice of reason.

http://youtu.be/Nl55Hl3kMW8
The fact that at the END of the Texans/Ravens game he and Arian Foster traded autographed Jerseys...says a LOT about the guy.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #3
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The fact that at the END of the Texans/Ravens game he and Arian Foster traded autographed Jerseys...says a LOT about the guy.
Don't know that it says as much. They are friends and fans of each other. Hey, I'll autograph one of my uniforms and trade it to lewis or foster for one of theirs. Lewis got something of value for something of value. How does that say much of him? I'm not saying he's a bad guy I just don't see how that in particular says much about him.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Don't know that it says as much. They are friends and fans of each other. Hey, I'll autograph one of my uniforms and trade it to lewis or foster for one of theirs. Lewis got something of value for something of value. How does that say much of him? I'm not saying he's a bad guy I just don't see how that in particular says much about him.

Mike

To me it says that he has enough respect for the game and a fellow athlete to genuinely reach out to the guy. That was my take. Were he a complete tool he would be in some bubble in which "Ray" was the center of the universe and not be able to see beyond that. Just one mop headed fool's opinion.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The fact that he reached out to Arian & sort of "mentored" him says a lot about the guy.

Quote:
To me it says that he has enough respect for the game and a fellow athlete to genuinely reach out to the guy. That was my take. Were he a complete tool he would be in some bubble in which "Ray" was the center of the universe and not be able to see beyond that. Just one mop headed fool's opinion.
That gesture pretty much says he (Ray Lewis) thinks of Arian Foster as his equal..... Ray Lewis is going into the HOF, been doing this for 16 years as one of the best, that whole time.

I think it's a big deal. I bet Arian does as well.
Old 01-23-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure sounds like Ray got "it" to me:

"There is no one man who has ever lost a game," Lewis said. "Don't you ever drop your head; we win as a team, we lose as a team. There is no 'Billy is the fault, Billy missed the kick.' It happens. Move on like a man, because life doesn't stop."

"God has never made a mistake. Ever," Lewis said, according to the Sun. "Somebody is going to feel like this tomorrow, and somebody is going to feel like this in two weeks in the Super Bowl. And whomever wins it, that's their year. That's a fact, and there ain't nothing nobody else can do about it. That's the irony of sports. There is a winner, there's a loser, and when you lose, you've got to suck it up like a man and say 'You know what, Father? If it's your will, so be it. As a man you got to keep moving, and a team keep building, remembering this taste."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Ray Lewis is a helluva guy!!

Signed,

Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar
Old 01-23-2012   #8
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah great guy also a murderer.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Were the other guys convicted? When I get home, I'll look it up, but I thought both of his friends were acquitted.
Old 01-23-2012   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Were the other guys convicted? When I get home, I'll look it up, but I thought both of his friends were acquitted.
Just be on the watch for a book called "IF I killed Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar, here is how I would do it"
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nobody served any time for the cold blooded murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar.

I just looked it up, as I had forgotten some of the details.

A fumble in the Super Bowl murder

It makes me sick to read it. I thought the perps had been convicted until reading this story. And I have little doubt that Ray Lewis paid for the defense lawyers to spring his buddies. from prison.

Quote:
Ray Lewis is a class act
Perhaps "act" is the key part of this statement...
Old 01-23-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think the fact that he was convicted of "obstruction" speaks volumes as to to what really happened.
Old 01-23-2012   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Perhaps "act" is the key part of this statement...
Old 01-24-2012   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont' know if he is a class act or not. I don't know if he killed anyone or not. I just didn't think that the exchange said anything grand about him. It didn't say anything terrible about him, its pretty common I would imagine.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll bet Lewis didn't trade jerseys with Billy Cundiffs.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lewis
"God has never made a mistake. Ever," Lewis said, according to the Sun. "Somebody is going to feel like this tomorrow, and somebody is going to feel like this in two weeks in the Super Bowl. And whomever wins it, that's their year. That's a fact, and there ain't nothing nobody else can do about it. That's the irony of sports. There is a winner, there's a loser, and when you lose, you've got to suck it up like a man and say 'You know what, Father? If it's your will, so be it. As a man you got to keep moving, and a team keep building, remembering this taste."
I just don't get this "God's will" stuff about a mere football game.

Millions of starving people in the world, children being abducted and sold to the slave trade, continuous genocide in the world...the list of atrocities goes on and on...and to think God would be concerned about some dudes at a ball game??

Did God actually make Billy Cundiffs' FG go off course? Perhaps if some lightning came out of nowhere or the ground opened up and swallowed the goal post I'd buy into it. I mean, it's God, why would he give a crap?

And I have to disagree that God has never made a mistake. According to Albert Einstein, stupidity is the most plentiful thing in the universe, and since God is responsible for everything in creation, I have to say his biggest mistake was making a species that generates so much stupidity.

Old 01-24-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Mike
Why would they need to trade to get something of value?

If he wanting something of value he could have kept his own Jersey????

He's a millionaire anyways...Foster is about to be...

They traded jersey's out of respect for one another and to have a memory.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah, Ray Lewis is a helluva guy!!

Signed,

Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar
Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think the fact that he was convicted of "obstruction" speaks volumes as to to what really happened.
Ray Lewis had ZERO, nada, nothing at all to do with the deaths of those two.
here's the best part of that highly-slanted opinion piece cited earlier
Quote:
In a three-week trial that ended with a jury deliberating less than five hours before acquitting both of them,
That's right folks, a jury of their peers acquitted Ray's FRIENDS of the "crimes". Ray wasn't charged because he didn't harm a soul that night. He pled guilty to obstruction (which he probably could have beat) for telling his buddies to keep quiet after they got into the car.

Such a lovely, peaceful Atlanta crowd that night. They only hit Lewis & Co's limo with gunfire FIVE times. The only witness claiming to have seen Lewis do anything other than playing PEACEmaker, is a convicted felon....who fled the scene and only came forward a week later. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...s_killings_ap/

Everybody wants to believe Ray's a murderer....fine, go ahead.

I'm still quite unconvinced. So was the jury. I'm not sure anyone was truly "innocent" in this whole thing, but I've no issue with folks defending themselves from attack.
Old 01-24-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Such a lovely, peaceful Atlanta crowd that night. They only hit Lewis & Co's limo with gunfire FIVE times. The only witness claiming to have seen Lewis do anything other than playing PEACEmaker, is a convicted felon....who fled the scene and only came forward a week later. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...s_killings_ap/

Everybody wants to believe Ray's a murderer....fine, go ahead.
I don't know what happened. However, being that Ray was acquitted of any murder charges & his friends were also acquitted, then Lewis makes the accusations that he was targeted because of his fame......

It's not worth my time to hate a man because of something he "might" have done.
Old 01-24-2012   #20
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know what happened. However, being that Ray was acquitted of any murder charges & his friends were also acquitted, then Lewis makes the accusations that he was targeted because of his fame......

It's not worth my time to hate a man because of something he "might" have done.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...wis_agreement/
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read