Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2012   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bernard Pollard: Dirty?

After Pollard injured his 3rd Big-Named Patriot yesterday (with his 3rd different team), I'm starting to see alot of buzz on how a dirty player he is. They claim he intentionally goes out to injure people.

When with the Texans, I didn't see this at all. Are these people just bitter Patriots fans?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #2
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bernard Pollard: Dirty?

Yea just bitter Patriots fans. On the Gronk injury was Pollard just suppose to let him go as he was trying to drag him down or something?
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
After Pollard injured his 3rd Big-Named Patriot yesterday (with his 3rd different team), I'm starting to see alot of buzz on how a dirty player he is. They claim he intentionally goes out to injure people.

When with the Texans, I didn't see this at all. Are these people just bitter Patriots fans?
Patriot fans are just a bitter whiney lot. Of course I would be whiney too if I had to live in that crap hole they call Boston.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard doesn't strike me as dirty, but why would NE fans be bitter?

They have recently won world championships in all three major sports...Their teams are always pretty good, and they are about to watch Brady play on the last Sunday of the regular season for the 5th time..

Maybe some of them are wrong...or misguided in this case...

But bitter?

I don't see that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #5
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the only game I've been to was the Texans/Seahawks game in '09. At that game, I splurged $30 for a "commemorative" football on wing-and-a-prayer hope that I would get a player to sign it. Bernard was the only guy nice enough to take the time to sign peoples' (including myself and some kids) stuff. I will always hope for him to succeed because of that.

On the field, I think he just plays balls-to-the-wall and really just looks to make plays. I don't think he plays to injure people as much as he plays recklessly which causes injuries.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #6
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard hit Brady low, which was legal at the time.

When Welker got hurt he tore his ACL when he made a cut, Pollard didn't even touch him.

Gronkowski's ankle just got caught underneath the tackle, there was nothing dirty about that play at all.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Patriot fans are just a bitter whiney lot. Of course I would be whiney too if I had to live in that crap hole they call Boston.
No doubt 5 trips to the Super Bowl since 2001 goes a long way toward making up for that.

I think they're spoiled not bitter. Just spoiled.
Old 01-23-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude aint dirty .... He just plays the game the right way .... I hate the direction the league has gone over the past few years in regards to big hits.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #9
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollardize that ass........
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Intentionally dirty? No.

UNintentionally dirty? Yes.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read