Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - January

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - January

Good morning Texans fans! Here's my End of Season Mock Draft video!

Enjoy!

Em
Thanks for video Em. I didn't expect to see you until next season. Good to see you man. I agree that the Texans will most likely go after WR with size. I would take Sanu over Randle though. If we are drafting Randle, hope we can find a trading partner to go down some and add an extra pick. We do have some other needs(like OG,ILB, NT an so on) but I see it as more of quality depth purpose than anything. We should be good with our current roster and obvious position of need I see is WR. So yeah, I agree with you that we are targeting WR in the 1st rd. However, if there's some D guy that Wade likes somehow slips to our pick in the 1st rd, he may be able to influence our FO to go that direction and we likely ended up taking WR in the 2nd rd. (unlikely to happen but you never know)

Go Texans!!!

I dunno, especially with WR being so deep Randle seems like a huge reach here. There are so many prospects at WR that seem like good picks I almost expect the Texans to do the "smartest team in the room" thing and go elsewhere with the 1st pick, even though the OBVIOUS need on this team is WR2. That aside, I wouldn't take anyone from LSU's offense. Just my opinion though.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
If I heard correctly, Chip Kelly accepted the Head Coaching position in Tampa Bay? He is offensive minded & no way he would pass up RG3. He would be perfect for his spread offense, running something similar to Art Briles program @ Baylor just more up tempo which would only accelerate RG3's strengths both athletically & mentally. I would then look to trade Freeman for picks.

Regarding Randle selection, you did address primary need, but I would take my chances to see if he is available in 2nd if he is my guy? Will see if he runs a sub 4.5 forty @ combine that would certainly help if his long speed is better than expected but if I had to force a WR pick for Texans in first & Wright is there I would take him instead.

EmDiggy

Waterboy
This is some Great dialogue guys!! I like the potential of Randle and his size/speed combo... His problem was that he has Ren & Stimpy as his QBs.. But I like him better than Sanu (too stiff) and I think the fact that you guys have some bigger targets at wideout lead me to Randle and not Wright.

Also, just a Heads up.. I'll be around all offseason too! I got some great Texans related offseason outlook videos and I plan to get some of you guys involved in a Debate/Roundtable session on the Radio Show!:peek:

EmDiggy

Waterboy
Thanks for video Em. I didn't expect to see you until next season. Good to see you man. I agree that the Texans will most likely go after WR with size. I would take Sanu over Randle though. If we are drafting Randle, hope we can find a trading partner to go down some and add an extra pick. We do have some other needs(like OG,ILB, NT an so on) but I see it as more of quality depth purpose than anything. We should be good with our current roster and obvious position of need I see is WR. So yeah, I agree with you that we are targeting WR in the 1st rd. However, if there's some D guy that Wade likes somehow slips to our pick in the 1st rd, he may be able to influence our FO to go that direction and we likely ended up taking WR in the 2nd rd. (unlikely to happen but you never know)

Go Texans!!!
Thanks! Good to see you too Homie! In my midseason mock I gave you guys the NT from Washington Alameda Ta'amu.. If not WR, then I think you guys DEFINITELY go defensive front 7.. That's the thing about the 3-4..you're always adding pieces

Thanks! Good to see you too Homie! In my midseason mock I gave you guys the NT from Washington Alameda Ta'amu.. If not WR, then I think you guys DEFINITELY go defensive front 7.. That's the thing about the 3-4..you're always adding pieces

That's another guy I would look at too. The thing about drafting late in the 1st....the elite, no-brainer guys are all gone by at the most the 20th pick. Then you get this mush of players between 20 and 60 or so (end of the 2nd round) who are all good players but are really, REALLY hard to try to pinpoint when or where they go. Ta'amu is a guy I hope falls to the Texans in the 2nd. It's a long shot but I think that would be a steal!