Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2012   #21
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 THE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After watching the AFC Championship Game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I sat here watching the Ravens and Patriots, and all I could do was shake my head.

Brady was very average, the Ravens had a few good passes to their WRs but overall looked the same as they did against us last weekend, and it was apparent that the Texans would have beaten the Patriots and would have been in the Super Bowl.

Jacoby, Yates, and some weird play calling at the end of the game is what kept us from the Super Bowl. Three things.

We need a monster draft, retain key players, add a quality WR2 threat, and limit injuries and we're the best team in the NFL in 2012. Period.
Dude , you can't be serious, no offense but the TEXANS arnt the RAVENS. The RAVENS defense did the exact same thing against Brady as they did the TEXANS, they got multiple INTS. The Pats Defense was playing pretty good, and FLACCO played lights out. So your going to say Yates would have played better than Flacco, lol, come on now. Only reason RAVENS lost is yet again, our stupid WRers cant hold on to the ball that is thrown to them. Don't even get me started on the Cundiff. I know that would have only tied it, but the momentum was all on Baltimore. There was no stopping Flacco and the RAVENS DEFENSE was playing at a high level in the second half.

But like everyone says, should of, would of , could of. If you feel you could have beaten the PATS , thats great, but your forgetting you had your chance, all you had to do was get past the RAVENS. I think Foster would have had a better game than RICE , but the pats played to take RICE out of the game. They would have planned to do the samething to the TEXANS, so you would have had to rely on YATES, nothing against Yates but he wouldn't have done what Flacco did. Sorry but its the truth.

And again, im not trying to start anything. IM a Die Hard RAVENS Fan, i bleed Black and Purple. I' still in shock in the outcome of the game, i feel we won that game, but the score board said different.

And on a side note, Im so sick of playing the PATRIOTS in N.E, i can not remember the last time Brady played at the BANK. Thats not including the Play offs, cause they earned the Homefield. Im talking about regular season games. But next season , the PATRIOTS finally have to play us at the bank. Cant wait to see how the Stadium treats, Brady and his pansy Zebra pals.

Brady was playing Scared, he knows that he will not be able to beat the RAVENS like he did in the past.

Oh yea, can't wait to see what your team does next yr with a healthy QB. We will see you guys next season in your own turf. Good luck next season, except for when we play you and possibly in the play offs.
THE RAVENS DEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE RAVENS DEN View Post
Dude , you can't be serious, no offense but the TEXANS arnt the RAVENS. The RAVENS defense did the exact same thing against Brady as they did the TEXANS, the get multiple INTS. The Pats Defense was playing pretty good, and FLACCO played lights out. So your going to say Yates would have played better than Flacco, lol, come on now. Only reason RAVENS lost is yet agains our stupid WRers cant hold on to the ball that is thrown to them.
Well, for the second week in a row you guys were gifted great field position at a key point in the game due to a special teams blunder by the opponent.

Kudos to guys because you do have a good team. I disagree with GP that it was a given that we'd have won, but I do think we'd have had a good shot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Dude , you can't be serious, no offense but the TEXANS arnt the RAVENS.
Why is it that the only intelligent fans root for the Texans?

I guarantee you will find at least one fan on every AFC teams fan board who believes his team would have beat the Patriots last Sunday..... only if

That's the way it goes, that's the NFL... that's what the post-season is about if your team isn't in the big game.

I guarantee you, you will find at least one fan, one thread on Baltimore's fan board, who believes the Flacco led Raven's could have (& should have) beat the Giants after the Super Bowl.

It's kinda dumb to expect otherwise.
Old 01-24-2012   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And again, im not trying to start anything. IM a Die Hard RAVENS Fan, i bleed Black and Purple. I' still in shock in the outcome of the game, i feel we won that game, but the score board said different.
You really don't see the irony in this statement?
Old 01-24-2012   #25
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You really don't see the irony in this statement?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #26
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i feel we won that game, but the score board said different.

lmfao
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude , you can't be serious, no offense but the TEXANS arnt the RAVENS. The RAVENS defense did the exact same thing against Brady as they did the TEXANS, they got multiple INTS. The Pats Defense was playing pretty good, and FLACCO played lights out. So your going to say Yates would have played better than Flacco, lol, come on now. Only reason RAVENS lost is yet again, our stupid WRers cant hold on to the ball that is thrown to them. Don't even get me started on the Cundiff. I know that would have only tied it, but the momentum was all on Baltimore. There was no stopping Flacco and the RAVENS DEFENSE was playing at a high level in the second half.

But like everyone says, should of, would of , could of. If you feel you could have beaten the PATS , thats great, but your forgetting you had your chance, all you had to do was get past the RAVENS. I think Foster would have had a better game than RICE , but the pats played to take RICE out of the game. They would have planned to do the samething to the TEXANS, so you would have had to rely on YATES, nothing against Yates but he wouldn't have done what Flacco did. Sorry but its the truth.

And on a side note, Im so sick of playing the PATRIOTS in N.E, i can not remember the last time Brady played at the BANK. Thats not including the Play offs, cause they earned the Homefield. Im talking about regular season games. But next season , the PATRIOTS finally have to play us at the bank. Cant wait to see how the Stadium treats, Brady and his pansy Zebra pals.

Brady was playing Scared, he knows that he will not be able to beat the RAVENS like he did in the past.

Oh yea, can't wait to see what your team does next yr with a healthy QB. We will see you guys next season in your own turf. Good luck next season, except for when we play you and possibly in the play offs.
Dude, YOU can't be serious. Your STARTING QB looked as dull and unable to avoid pressure as he did when he faced us. Several lucky bounces of the ball on a few fumbles by your team fell your way. That's good fortune, it either goes your way or against you. It went your way.

Would you not agree that the Patriots were very beatable this past Sunday? I mean, where was the Tom Brady who was torching defenses for like 6 TDs every game in the reg season? He wasn't there this past Sunday. The Patriots also have a very suspect defense and they STILL got to Flacco! LOL.

Here's some facts: We had a rookie 3rd string QB named Yates who tried hard but couldn't get it done. We have rookies up and down our defense making huge plays to fill in for an I.R.'d Mario Williams. Your WRs made some circus catches on us that normally wouldn't be made--My hat is off to your WRs for making those catches, but the coverage on them was very good...maybe the best coverage I've ever seen Texans DBs put on any team's WRs in the whole 10 years of us being a team.

Even though Jacoby Jones botched a punt and you guys were practically given a TD off it, we still almost beat you. In fact, we stopped your run game COLD, your vaunted FB named Leach was stuffed too.

All in all, "Hell yeah we would have beaten the Patriots this past Sunday." If anything, your home field and your guys having TONS of playoff experience and a botched punt (and subsequent TD) and our rookie 3rd string QB running out of rope was what did us in.

Did you beat us? Yep. But it was not some slam dunk HUGE win over us. And then you guys couldn't put away a very vulnerable Patriots team in their own house for crying out loud!

But alas, you are Ravens fan. You will just debate and not discuss. So be it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read