Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2012   #1021
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

With pick #156 in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select:

DeQuan Menzie, CB Alabama

Starting to be slim pickings at the CB position. But the Eagles are happy to have a versatile DB from the best defense in the nation. We need some help at FS, so we'll give him a shot, but he can also play some nickel while he gets adjusted to the pro level. He held is own pretty well in the SEC, so we think that can translate into being a solid pro, just like Kareem... never mind.

1 - Luke Kuechly MLB Boston College
2a - Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
2b - Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State
3 - Keenan Robinson OLB Texas
4a - Brandon Mosley OT Auburn
4b - Brian Quick WR Appalachian State
5 - DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #1022
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets are really happy to get what might become the second of two starting safeties to be drafted in this draft and to get him in the 5th round.

Although this player missed all of 2011 with an injury, his physical talents combined with good football brain puts him in good stead for a career in the NFL.

6'3" 216lbs
4.38 in the 40
24 reps of the bench press
10’4″ broad jump
35.5″ vertical jump

Transtioning from CB to safety from Oregon State.

BRANDON HARDIN

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1023
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
The Jets are really happy to get what might become the second of two starting safeties to be drafted in this draft and to get him in the 5th round.

Although this player missed all of 2011 with an injury, his physical talents combined with good football brain puts him in good stead for a career in the NFL.

6'3" 216lbs
4.38 in the 40
24 reps of the bench press
10’4″ broad jump
35.5″ vertical jump

Transtioning from CB to safety from Oregon State.

BRANDON HARDIN

He was on my radar, great pick.

Hardin can cover the TE being a former CB. He has great size for the S position. Haardin has the ability to become a starter. That's most you can ask for at this point in the mock.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1024
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He was on my radar, great pick.

Hardin can cover the TE being a former CB. He has great size for the S position. Haardin has the ability to become a starter. That's most you can ask for at this point in the mock.
Strengthening the middle of the Jets pass defense was a huge factor in my drafting.

Martin, Cole and now Hardin can all add value against Gronkandez.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1025
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Tennessee Titans select...

Trenton Robinson - Safety - Michigan State

Fast and physical with a nose for the ball. 8 interceptions in the past 2 years. Had a good showing a the Senior Bowl and Combine. Team Captain for the Spartans. Value and need meet for the Titans...

Draft so far...

1) Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
2) Jared Crick DE Nebraska
3) Ben Jones C Georgia
4) Chris Polk RB Washington
5) Trenton Robinson FS Michigan State

Last edited by Señor Stan; 03-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1026
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

5.149) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro - On the Clock - PMSENT

5.150) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 - PMSENT

5.151) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -

5.152) Pittsburgh Steelers - stingray - PMSENT
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1027
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cincinnati Bengals take Kheeston Randall, DT/DE, Texas

Good value here, and terrific value to the Bengals given his diversity to play different positions in Zimmer's multi look defense.

1st - Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, OG
1st - Dont'a Hightower, Alabama, LB
2nd - David Wilson, Virginia Tech, RB
3rd - Leonard Johnson, Iowa State, CB
4th - Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma, WR
5th - Kheeston Randall, Texas, DT/DE
Old 03-28-2012   #1028
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals take Kheeston Randall, DT/DE, Texas

Good value here, and terrific value to the Bengals given his diversity to play different positions in Zimmer's multi look defense.

1st - Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, OG
1st - Dont'a Hightower, Alabama, LB
2nd - David Wilson, Virginia Tech, RB
3rd - Leonard Johnson, Iowa State, CB
4th - Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma, WR
5th - Kheeston Randall, Texas, DT/DE
very nice draft you got there sir

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1029
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

For some reason I thought Randall was gone already
Old 03-28-2012   #1030
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
For some reason I thought Randall was gone already
I believe I threw his name out there for a possible Raiders pick. But he was not selected. 4 people picked Fangupo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Randall sounds like a Raider pick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FYI, this list is updated daily.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...56#post1913856
Old 03-28-2012   #1031
Blake
MMQB

I'm kind of excited about my next pick. Hell, im kinda excited about my top 3.
Old 03-28-2012   #1032
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm kind of excited about my next pick. Hell, im kinda excited about my top 3.
So I take it we aren't updating the draft order based on the official NFL order released? Cause the Broncos owe the Browns their 5th for Brady Quinn, and the Browns owe the Vikings their 6th for Jayme Mitchell. And there are lots of other trades that happened to change other picks.
Old 03-28-2012   #1033
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Randall sounds like a Raider pick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So I take it we aren't updating the draft order based on the official NFL order released? Cause the Broncos owe the Browns their 5th for Brady Quinn, and the Browns owe the Vikings their 6th for Jayme Mitchell. And there are lots of other trades that happened to change other picks.
Just more work for me. If someone wants picks updated they can PM me.

So the Browns get the Bronco's 153rd pick? And the Browns lose the 161st pick to Minnesota?
Old 03-28-2012   #1034
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see the point in changing it now, we're in the 5th round. Guys have been drafting based on what picks they have available the whole time. Change up the next couple of rounds and I doubt they'll be pleased about it.

Only scenario I see that happening is if we do another mock after this with all the updated picks.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1035
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just more work for me. If someone wants picks updated they can PM me.

So the Browns get the Bronco's 153rd pick? And the Browns lose the 161st pick to Minnesota?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don't see the point in changing it now, we're in the 5th round. Guys have been drafting based on what picks they have available the whole time. Change up the next couple of rounds and I doubt they'll be pleased about it.

Only scenario I see that happening is if we do another mock after this with all the updated picks.
I kind of agree with Wolverine here, but if we did do another mock, I would want to do all the picks, including comp picks. Next year, we really need to hold off until we know the full order and have a week of free agency finished. It kills drafts to look back and see how you could have addressed needs had we waited just a week.
Old 03-28-2012   #1036
Blake
MMQB

Its whatev. Im fine capping this draft whenever everyone else is. Then we can do our quick mock with a handful of participants.
Old 03-28-2012   #1037
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I kind of agree with Wolverine here, but if we did do another mock, I would want to do all the picks, including comp picks. Next year, we really need to hold off until we know the full order and have a week of free agency finished. It kills drafts to look back and see how you could have addressed needs had we waited just a week.
Do you think we will have enough time to finish the mock if we wait until the compensatory picks are announced. I do, if we shorten up the 1st rd to 6 hrs. Everybody seems to be quick with the 1-3rd picks, then it slows down some.

Or you've got guys like T-Killer. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1038
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals are quietly having a heck of a draft.

Loved the Titans pick too. Robinson is a player.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1039
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 150th pick of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Dwight Jones-WR from North Carolina.

1. No pick
2. Brandon Washington-OG/OT
3. Jake Bequette-DE
4. No Pick
5. Dwight Jones-WR
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #1040
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
With the 150th pick of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Dwight Jones-WR from North Carolina.

1. No pick
2. Brandon Washington-OG/OT
3. Jake Bequette-DE
4. No Pick
5. Dwight Jones-WR
Wow, I totally forgot about Dwight Jones. 5th round seems like a good spot for him after his interviews went poorly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read