Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-12-2012   #601
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

It's cool. Anyone have any problems with this list? Guys who don't fit the scheme, or would crazy to take here?

Alameda Ta'amu NT 6'2½" 341 Washington
Ronnell Lewis OLB 6'2" 245 Oklahoma
Brandon Boykin CB 5'9¼" 183 Georgia
Dwayne Allen TE 6'4½" 255 Clemson
Brandon Thompson DT 6'2" 311 Clemson (for 3-4 DE spot)
Mike Martin NT 6'1 306 Michigan
Isaiah Pead RB 5'9⅞" 193 Cincinnati
Shea McLellin OLB 6'3 260 Boise State
Ben Jones C 6'2⅝" 303 Georgia
Old 03-12-2012   #602
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Lets see what bah does here. Alameda Ta'amu is still available. Just sayin.
This would be my pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #603
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's cool. Anyone have any problems with this list? Guys who don't fit the scheme, or would crazy to take here?

Can Thompson not play NT? I know teams use guys that are 6'2" for the 3-4 DE spot but, if he were to gain some weight he could play the NT spot IMO.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #604
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would simply be amazed if Houston selects a RB this early in the draft.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #605
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Looks like a good list to me.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #606
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Can Thompson not play NT? I know teams use guys that are 6'2" for the 3-4 DE spot but, if he were to gain some weight he could play the NT spot IMO.
I suppose he could play either one, I just figured if NT was the pick, then T'amau would be the guy. Plus Thompson here would be a great value. I have him as a high second round pick.
Old 03-12-2012   #607
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If Brandon Thompson is still available at this point the Texans should run for the podium with his name. He'd be great NT in our system. I've got Thompson as a low first high 2nd round pick so he's great value here.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #608
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff Allen OG-OT out of Illinois also is still on the board.
Old 03-12-2012   #609
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I suppose he could play either one, I just figured if NT was the pick, then T'amau would be the guy. Plus Thompson here would be a great value. I have him as a high second round pick.
Thompson is definitely a NT in Wade's scheme. T'amau is overrated because of his size. If its between the two for the Texans, Thompson should be a no-brainer.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #610
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
Yes a 2 day rain filled weekend and we get 8 picks in because 1 of the folks in charge (??????) of running this thing disappears. I guess he didn't know he could have pm'd someone with a group of possibility picks and the rest of us could have been rolling along right now. Very disappointing.

p.s.... I take that all back if he or a family member died.
Probably should have just let this post die, but I was away from a computer Friday-Sunday and the last player I saw taken was Dennard. You mad I didnt PM someone my top 16?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #611
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If the Texans don't re-sign Mario, I would like to see them pick up McLellin. Add another guy to the Texan's "Cracker Sacks" defense.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #612
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Texans select...

Brandon Thompson - NT, Clemson

Thompson is an excellent fit as a one-gap penetrator at tackle. He is the NT I have had my eye on as the best fit for our team. I honestly did not expect him to be on the board at this point. Wade has a history of building his scheme around his players instead of forcing them into a designated system.

With this in mind, I chose Thompson over Ta'amu. He is less of a true NT, but he is easily a more talented player. Wade can definitely use him in the middle. This addition also allows Mitchell to move over to DE, where I believe he is a more natural fit.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #613
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Good pick. Glad to hear he fits the Texans' system.

Next up is the Saints' first pick. PM'd RT22

2.59) New Orleans Saints - RT22 -

2.60) Green Bay Packers - nytexan -

2.61) Baltimore Ravens - WolverineFan -

2.62) San Francisco 49ers - Rey -

2.63) New England Patriots - beerlover -

2.64) New York Giants - KMG 365 -
Old 03-12-2012   #614
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The Houston Texans select...

Brandon Thompson - NT, Clemson

Thompson is an excellent fit as a one-gap penetrator at tackle. He is the NT I have had my eye on as the best fit for our team. I honestly did not expect him to be on the board at this point. Wade has a history of building his scheme around his players instead of forcing them into a designated system.

With this in mind, I chose Thompson over Ta'amu. He is less of a true NT, but he is easily a more talented player. Wade can definitely use him in the middle. This addition also allows Mitchell to move over to DE, where I believe he is a more natural fit.

Booo ... I wanted the Clemson guy .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #615
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say we setup another vote for the fun of it. Who are the top 5-7 players people would vote for in the Texans spot? (not taking anything away from Bah007's selection)

So far I got:

Off this list give me

1. Boykin
2. Ta'amu
3. McClellin
4. Lewis
5. Thompson- good pick
Old 03-12-2012   #616
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 59th pick the New Orleans Saints select Marvin Jones WR University of California 6'-2" 199 lbs.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #617
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

The DoppelColts are 6 picks away!!! Exciting!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #618
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Green Bay Packers needing a 2nd RB to round out their offensive juggernaut selects with the 60th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft

Attachment 448

RB Doug Martin-Boise State
Height: 5’9 Weight: 219 lbs.
Strengths:Bowling ball style runner, who has a thick lower half and allows himself to bounce off of defenders in a pinball manner…he has a surprising burst…shows good acceleration through the hole…plays with a great balance and run through arm tackles…defenders must wrap him up in order to take him to the turf…has good agility that allows him to have suddenness laterally…really drives his legs through contact, routinely falling forward for an extra yard or two…does a good job running behind his pads and will get low heading into contact in an effort to run over the defender…gets skinny through the hole.

Last edited by nytexan; 03-17-2012 at 12:09 PM.
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #619
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Damn, he's going to be a beast on that team
Old 03-12-2012   #620
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
With the 59th pick the New Orleans Saints select Marvin Jones WR University of California 6'-2" 199 lbs.
Hope this guy ends up on the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read