Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-12-2012   #581
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

It doesn't, but Arizona is supposed to be in the worst cap situation out of the entire league, They're rumored to be extremely over the cap which means they can't sign Manning without clearing a crap ton.

I overstated that if they could sign Manning and fit him in the cap we should be able to sign Myers and Brisiel (Mario is still iffy to me). It also means we could theoretically sign Mario too, at the cost of many players getting cut, which I don't want, but its possible
Old 03-12-2012   #582
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG...please not in here guys...

This is like the only safe haven from the "Mario to walk or not to walk" talk...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #583
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
It doesn't, but Arizona is supposed to be in the worst cap situation out of the entire league, They're rumored to be extremely over the cap which means they can't sign Manning without clearing a crap ton.

I overstated that if they could sign Manning and fit him in the cap we should be able to sign Myers and Brisiel (Mario is still iffy to me). It also means we could theoretically sign Mario too, at the cost of many players getting cut, which I don't want, but its possible
They are in a bad cap situation but they can rectify that easily by cutting their LT Levi Brown. That move alone would clear up $16.5 mil. They've been trying to get him to restructure but he won't so they will likely cut him.

I see the correlation there, but the Texans don't have one guy they can cut that will free up that kind of money. Arizona is just avoiding it right now because they're trying to get a new deal done before the deadline. I expect them to cut him soon, along with a few other overpaid vets, and they will go hard after Manning and Wayne.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #584
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys I just woke up, night shift worker here.

With the 55th pick in the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft and the Atlanta Falcons 1st pick of the draft, we select Brandon Washington-OG/OT from Miami.

PM sent to Stingray.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #585
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I had sent Dutchrudder my pick since I was gonna be out of town. But I still haven't left yet. In the seond round the Steelers select.

Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #586
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I had sent Dutchrudder my pick since I was gonna be out of town. But I still haven't left yet. In the seond round the Steelers select.

Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
2.34) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger - Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #587
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
2.34) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger - Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State
Guess I have to wait to make my pick.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #588
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Guess I have to wait to make my pick.
Guessing Dutchrudder should make the Steelers pick made off of Stingray's list...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #589
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys, Stingray sent me his picks (thanks Stingray!). #2 for the Steelers is:

Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
Height: 6-3
Weight: 320

PM'd JCT

2.57) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

2.58) Houston Texans - Bah007 -

2.59) New Orleans Saints - RT22 -

2.60) Green Bay Packers - nytexan -

2.61) Baltimore Ravens - WolverineFan -

2.62) San Francisco 49ers - Rey -

2.63) New England Patriots - beerlover -

2.64) New York Giants - KMG 365 -
Old 03-12-2012   #590
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 57th pick the Denver Broncos select...

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Scouting Report:
Balanced athlete with dynamic start/stop ability and smooth change-of-direction skills to stay patient before bursting upfield. Has very good vision and cutback ability, doing a nice job finding the running lanes. Follows his blocks and stays patient behind the line of scrimmage. Accelerates and gets to top speed quickly when he sees daylight. Has nimble feet to make defenders miss and shows an extra gear to run away from them as well. Very good at forcing defenders to take poor angles with his lateral quickness and natural burst. Fast through the hole and a home run threat. Looks most comfortable on the outside and in space.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #591
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
With the 57th pick the Denver Broncos select...

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Scouting Report:
Balanced athlete with dynamic start/stop ability and smooth change-of-direction skills to stay patient before bursting upfield. Has very good vision and cutback ability, doing a nice job finding the running lanes. Follows his blocks and stays patient behind the line of scrimmage. Accelerates and gets to top speed quickly when he sees daylight. Has nimble feet to make defenders miss and shows an extra gear to run away from them as well. Very good at forcing defenders to take poor angles with his lateral quickness and natural burst. Fast through the hole and a home run threat. Looks most comfortable on the outside and in space.
Damn, I was hoping he would fall to my next pick...

Great value here though, and fills a need.
Old 03-12-2012   #592
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets see what bah does here. Alameda Ta'amu is still available. Just sayin.
Old 03-12-2012   #593
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Lets see what bah does here. Alameda Ta'amu is still available. Just sayin.
Could do worse than that guy.

Although, bah does like to do his own thing
Old 03-12-2012   #594
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

I say we setup another vote for the fun of it. Who are the top 5-7 players people would vote for in the Texans spot? (not taking anything away from Bah007's selection)

So far I got:

Alameda Ta'amu NT 6'2½" 341 Washington
Ronnell Lewis OLB 6'2" 245 Oklahoma
Brandon Boykin CB 5'9¼" 183 Georgia
Dwayne Allen TE 6'4½" 255 Clemson
Brandon Thompson DT 6'2" 311 Clemson (for 3-4 DE spot)
Mike Martin NT 6'1 306 Michigan
Isaiah Pead RB 5'9⅞" 193 Cincinnati
Shea McLellin OLB 6'3 260 Boise State
Ben Jones C 6'2⅝" 303 Georgia
Old 03-12-2012   #595
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I say we setup another vote for the fun of it. Who are the top 5-7 players people would vote for in the Texans spot? (not taking anything away from Bah007's selection)

So far we got:

Alameda Ta'amu NT 6'2½" 341 Washington

Ronnell Lewis OLB 6'2" 245 Oklahoma
I know it is a man crush, but Mike Martin (NT, Michigan) has to be in the discussion. I like him better than Ta'amu. I really like Lewis though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #596
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Add Pead or Doug Martin, and Ben Jones (C, Georgia) to the list...
Old 03-12-2012   #597
Blake
MMQB

Following our blue-prints, we are going to take another white DE in round 2.

Shea McClellin, DE, Boise State
Old 03-12-2012   #598
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Add Pead or Doug Martin, and Ben Jones (C, Georgia) to the list...
No offense, but I think it is at least a round too early for Pead and also the RB position. Plus, I believe there is a much better RB on the board still.
Old 03-12-2012   #599
Rey
Hall of Fame

Based on how smoothly this draft has gone I think we'd have been ok allowing a few trades...

I think if we do another one we should at least allow the Texans to trade.
Old 03-12-2012   #600
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
No offense, but I think it is at least a round too early for Pead and also the RB position. Plus, I believe there is a much better RB on the board still.
What running backs left on the board are "much better" than Pead or Doug Martin?

I am not saying that the Texans have to take RB here, but you asked for suggestions and since a poll can include 10 options I figured I throw in a couple of guys that can be returners/RB's.

If you didn't really want open suggestions you should have given your criteria and then I would have known not to suggest a RB....

Just yankin your chain a bit main...It's all good...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read