Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-08-2012   #501
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

The Jacksonville Jaquars 2nd pick of the NFL draft is:

Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska

The Jags would've selected yet another DE had Mercilus still been sitting there. Since he was snatched up, the next 3 on the Jags board were DT Brandon Thompson, Alfonzo Dennard and WR Alshon Jeffery. As their GM I had to go with the player higher on my board at a need position. Alshon Jeffery was very close to being the selection though.
Old 03-08-2012   #502
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Thank you TexansSeminole! The Browns were hoping very much that you wouldn't pick our guy. The Browns addressed two needs with the first two picks in WR and OT, this pick will address the pass rushing need on the defensive side of the ball. With the 37th pick in the 2012 TexansTalk Mock Draft Extravaganza, the Cleveland Browns select:

Whitney Mercilus, DE out of Illinois!

I was getting REALLY close to picking him for the Titans at #20...I think you got a steal in the 2nd.

Either that or I was getting ready for a colossal reach...either way...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #503
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Jacksonville Jaquars 2nd pick of the NFL draft is:

Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska

The Jags would've selected yet another DE had Mercilus still been sitting there. Since he was snatched up, the next 3 on the Jags board were DT Brandon Thompson, Alfonzo Dennard and WR Alshon Jeffery. As their GM I had to go with the player higher on my board at a need position. Alshon Jeffery was very close to being the selection though.

I think you got a real steal with this Husker. I think he'll be a much better pro than Amukumara.

Only two more Huskers to go this round.

Go Big Red!!
Old 03-08-2012   #504
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

2.39) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

2.40) Carolina Panthers - Timekiller -

2.41) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

2.42) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 -

2.43) Seattle Seahawks - Ndevine7 -
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #505
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Whitney Mercilus, DE out of Illinois!

I can't believe that dude was still available. In reality he probably goes in the top 20. Steal of the draft so far.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #506
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I can't believe that dude was still available. In reality he probably goes in the top 20. Steal of the draft so far.

If Merc wasn't there, I would have gone with Tannehill or Dennard. If Tannehill makes it to my 3rd round pick, then I will take him there for sure. I don't think he falls much further though. I'm liking this draft so far, I think Colt McCoy could have a great year with some more help around him. Will definitely target a WR and RB in late rounds.
Old 03-08-2012   #507
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the time limit and hours of operation in the 2nd round?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2012   #508
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great job guys, keep it up. Seems to flowing a lot more smoothly compared to last year.

Will stay tuned in!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #509
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

2.39) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

2.40) Carolina Panthers - Timekiller -

2.41) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

How many of these guys are apart of the TT night shift?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #510
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 39th pick the Washington Redskins select:

Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

I battled so hard with this pick.
I ended going with Gilmore because his BPA and after Hall and Wilson the redskins have no depth at Corner Back.
Has great upside and by not being thrown in the deep end as time to develop his skills.
Inconsistent but his best film show him as a round 1 talent.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #511
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 39th pick the Washington Redskins select:

Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

I battled so hard with this pick.
I ended going with Gilmore because his BPA and after Hall and Wilson the redskins have no depth at Corner Back.
Has great upside and by not being thrown in the deep end as time to develop his skills.
Inconsistent but his best film show him as a round 1 talent.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #512
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Aussie! Ah you had to have put up your pick about 2 minutes after I closed my laptop for the night!!!

Couple good players left to choose from, I can't believe Worthy is here, IDK if I would've taken Poe 1st if I had any thought one of the top DTs would drop. Hell, I really considered going double on DT but I don't have a 3rd round pick and the needs across the D are pretty hefty. Crick, Chandler Jones, all the WR I could ask for, I think all would be a good fit here but I'm going aim for some secondary help before that talents drops off and the guy I want is still available:

2- Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS, Montana
6'2'' 205 lbs. 4.5-40

Another addition of athleticism, speed and plus size to a reforming defense. Played against weaker competition but his physical attributes and natural playmaking skill will be a welcomed addition. Plays press well with long arms to jam, good feel in zone, good tackler (with size suggesting he could move to safety if need be) good hands (recruited as WR) excellent physical measurables who will likely start if not play a significant role immediately in helping my team round out it's defense to support our budding superstar Cam Newton. If these 2 picks hit things could get real scary for Panther's opponents. Newton is enough to worry about, try to keep up with his scoring show while also battling a defensive unit that just got an infusion of size, speed and skill.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #513
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 41st pick in the 2012 NFL Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Lavonte David, LB

David gives the Bills another solid LB who can make tackles in space and rush the QB. A major upgrade of what they have right now; David will be able to step in as a rookie and make a significant impact.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #514
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

T-Killer,

I like the fact that you're a risk taker Poe/Johnson have the ability to be game changers at their resective positions. If you hit on these guys (they have the ability) the Panthers could be in the running for a wildcard spot.

What I like about Johnsons potential, is that at best you have a highend CB. At worst you should have a highend/immediate starter at S.

Good pick
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #515
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Next up: (I emailed him)

2.44) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

2.45) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

2.46) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

2.47) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

2.48) New England Patriots - from Oakland - Beerlover -

2.49) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

2.50) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -
Old 03-09-2012   #516
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really love Johnson as a FS. I think he ends up as the best safety in this class. Excellent pick.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #517
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Recent developements have changed the direction of the Miami Dolphins mock. With the Fish considered to be front runners for Peyton Manning, the Dolphins no longer have a long term starter at the QB position (I perviously thought Flynn would be coming to Miami). The Miami Dolphins select Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill is a raw prospect, but is a smart kid with a lot of talent, who should learn behind Manning for a year or two.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #518
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Just an hour ago, Ndevine7 sent me his top two:
Quote:
My top two are
1) Ryan Tannehill
2)Jerel Worthy
So, thank you for PM'ing your picks. With the 43rd pick in the draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

Jerel Worthy, DT from Michigan State!

At 6'3" 305 pounds, he's sure to help anchor the 4-3 d-line for the Hawks. Couple him with their 1st round pick Melvin Ingram DE, and they are building a tough front.

Next up:

2.44) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

2.45) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

2.46) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

2.47) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

2.48) New England Patriots - from Oakland - Beerlover -

2.49) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

2.50) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -
Old 03-09-2012   #519
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not in love with this pick but he's a highly rated player at an extreme need . Without any more delay , the Chiefs of KC pick

Zebrie Sanders OT FSU .

Old 03-09-2012   #520
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I never understood why Zebrie Sanders was so highly rated. He was the source of alot of my frustration last year, as he got his ass kicked far more often than it should have been. He either was playing very well or getting completely annihilated. If he can add some strength and consistency, he could be a good player.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read