Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-07-2012   #441
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the pick. And honestly, y'all can blast me if you want to. You don't have to be nice about it. I wouldn't have volunteered to take over the team if I couldn't handle it.

As I stated before, at this spot in the draft any WR would have been a slight reach. And I had Perry rated as the highest player still on the board. I wanted Perry pretty bad but I just couldn't pass on Randle, who I see as an impact player at WR.

Considering the QB play at LSU, I would say that Randle was better than just solid this year. It is hard for a skill player to stand out when the QB can't put the ball in his hands. Randle did manage to account for over 40% of his team's receiving total (about the same rate as Hill).

Randle did manage 5 catches in his two matchups against Kirkpatrick. Not impressive by any stretch but he wasn't exactly shutout. Furthermore, bashing Randle for his performance against Alabama seems silly. Alabama was far and away the best defense in the entire country. And it's not close at all. How many NFL players do they have on that defense? And how many does LSU have on their offense? But the only matchup that matters is Randle vs Kirkpatrick? Did you watch the games? LSU's offensive line was over matched from the word go. And their QBs were even worse. What is Randle supposed to do? Line up at QB and throw the ball to himself?

Here is how Hill did against his top competition:
1 catch against David Amerson (North Carolina St)
0 catches against Chase Minnifield (Virginia)
1 catch against Brandon McGee (Miami)
2 catches against Jayron Hosley (Virginia Tech)

Not exactly a world beater. And don't even bother comparing the offensive styles. LSU only averaged 10 passing yards more per game. The difference is Georgia Tech's passing game was supported by a MUCH better rushing attack, thus taking pressure off of the QB and WRs.

I don't have a problem with this statement. The problem I have is that most of the people spouting this support Hill for the pick, and he showed even less in his college career than Randle did.
I hear you, please read my previous post where I breakdown Randle against top 25 competition.

Randle reminds me of Limas Sweed. Like Sweed, Randle had tons of talent and upside. He had iffy speed. He played great against lesser competition and was inconsistent against the top schools in college. He went mid to late 2nd round and never panned out.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #442
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if you really want to delve into statistics, for all the credit Hill gets for the numbers he put up in that offense, he really did most of his damage in two games.

Against Western Carolina and Middle Tennessee he totaled 7 catches for 307 yards and 3 TDs.

In his other 11 games, all against BCS teams. He had a whopping 21 catches for 513 yards and 2 TDs.

I just don't understand why Hill gets a free pass. Randle was a more complete and productive player. He is more pro ready. He has a good size and speed combination. But Hill ran a 4.36 so all of that is moot apparently...
I have not addressed Hill in any of my posts. Not sure why you brought him up, but yeah, I wouldn't draft Hill in the first either for most of the same reasons.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #443
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I have not addressed Hill in any of my posts. Not sure why you brought him up, but yeah, I wouldn't draft Hill in the first either for most of the same reasons.
I must have mistaken you for another poster. I thought you had showed support for picking Hill earlier. My mistake.

Most of the critique about the pick seems to be that I should have taken Hill instead of Randle. that is why I have been comparing the two.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #444
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I must have mistaken you for another poster. I thought you had showed support for picking Hill earlier. My mistake.

Most of the critique about the pick seems to be that I should have taken Hill instead of Randle. that is why I have been comparing the two.
I think you compare

1. Randle
2. Konz
3. Perry

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #445
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think you compare

1. Randle
2. Konz
3. Perry
I didn't really consider Konz because I think we bring back Myers.

As I have said numerous times, I love Perry but decided to go with Randle. Perry is the better player, but I seem to have Randle rated higher than most. I think he is a solid #2 option who just needs a little bit of work on his underneath routes.

I am comfortable enough with Barwin and Reed that I decided to pass on Perry and take an OLB later in the draft for depth.
Old 03-07-2012   #446
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't really consider Konz because I think we bring back Myers.

As I have said numerous times, I love Perry but decided to go with Randle. Perry is the better player, but I seem to have Randle rated higher than most. I think he is a solid #2 option who just needs a little bit of work on his underneath routes.

I am comfortable enough with Barwin and Reed that I decided to pass on Perry and take an OLB later in the draft for depth.
You will not win drafting for the Texans .

Round Dan
Old 03-07-2012   #447
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How so?
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2012   #448
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
How so?
Cause you won't make everybody happy . Last year the guy took a CB then a safety and got hammered .

Round Dan
Old 03-07-2012   #449
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wanted Melvin Ingram and should neg rep Bah for not making it happen. But I know that he had Randle ranked ahead of him and Luck/RG3 at the top of his board.

/sarcasm
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #450
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I wanted Melvin Ingram and should neg rep Bah for not making it happen. But I know that he had Randle ranked ahead of him and Luck/RG3 at the top of his board.

/sarcasm
So you'd do a Ricky Williams deal ?

Round Dan
Old 03-07-2012   #451
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it's SuperMario or Dutchrudder entering the picks into the selection thread, but I have a request.

Is there any way that you could put the owner's name beside each pick so we can keep track with who made the selection? If it's a pain in the arse, don't worry about it. Just a suggestion.
Old 03-07-2012   #452
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
So you'd do a Ricky Williams deal ?
I don't smoke ganja.
Old 03-07-2012   #453
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Who's up? And can someone post the 2nd round order? (hard to search on my phone)
Old 03-08-2012   #454
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Round 2

St. Louis (2-14) pbat488
Indianapolis (2-14) Doppelganger
Minnesota (3-13) Section516
Tampa Bay (4-12) TexansSeminole
Cleveland (4-12) Dutchrudder
Jacksonville (5-11) Hou-Tex
Washington (5-11) Aussie Texan
Carolina (6-10) Timekiller
Buffalo (6-10) Texan4Ever
Miami (6-10) RMartin65
Seattle (7-9) Ndevine7
Kansas City (7-9) Honoring Earl 34
Dallas (8-8) SteelBTexan
Philadelphia (8-8) Shaft75
New York Jets (8-8) kiwitexansfan
New England (8-8) Beerlover
San Diego (8-8) Srrono
Chicago (8-8) MistaRed
Philadelphia (8-8) Shaft75
Tennessee (9-7) Seņor Stan
Cincinnati* (9-7) Kaiser Toro
Detroit* (10-6) Super Mario
Atlanta* (10-6)
Pittsburgh* (12-4) Stingray
Denver* (8-8) JCTexan
Houston* (10-6) Bah007
New Orleans* (13-3) RT22
Green Bay* (15-1) nytexan
Baltimore* (12-4) WolverineFan
San Francisco* (13-3) Rey
New England* (13-3) beerlover
New York Giants* (9-7) KMG 365
Old 03-08-2012   #455
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone surprised by a player not getting drafted in the first?

Looking for 3 Huskers to get drafted this round... you better not let me down
Old 03-08-2012   #456
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Anyone surprised by a player not getting drafted in the first?

Looking for 3 Huskers to get drafted this round... you better not let me down
I'm surprised no one took a chance on Ryan Tannehill. Thought someone might. Maybe Pbatt will, he's an Aggie...

There are 4 picks before the next one for the Browns. I have one guy that I'm really hoping makes it to me, but all 4 teams ahead of me could use him too...
Old 03-08-2012   #457
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to have some buyers remorse with Trent Richardson.

He was too talented to pass up considering there is a need there but the Jets have so many defensive holes that need plugging....
Old 03-08-2012   #458
krocket
Rookie

Rep Power: 135 krocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Didn't the Texans take Rueben Randle?

Edit: I just checked...you are incorrect...

NO MORE SOUP FOR U!!!!

I changed the draft based on new information from his pro day today.
krocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #459
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh well. My feelings aren't gonna get hurt when people disagree. I actually enjoy the debating back and forth.
Old 03-08-2012   #460
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if you really want to delve into statistics, for all the credit Hill gets for the numbers he put up in that offense, he really did most of his damage in two games.

Against Western Carolina and Middle Tennessee he totaled 7 catches for 307 yards and 3 TDs.

In his other 11 games, all against BCS teams. He had a whopping 21 catches for 513 yards and 2 TDs.

I just don't understand why Hill gets a free pass. Randle was a more complete and productive player. He is more pro ready. He has a good size and speed combination. But Hill ran a 4.36 so all of that is moot apparently...
You dont have to defend your pick.

Randle will be good, solid 10 yr starter. < Jordan Jefferson

Hill is a combine guy, who has the potential to be the best WR in this draft (His ceiling) Or Jacoby Jones (his floor) Give me the most pro ready WR with the least bust potential. I must be getting old. Or the Jacoby Jones project has jaded me. LOL

Personally I would've taken Kontz in the 1st and Marvin Jones in the 3rd. But I'm all on board the Rueben Randle train.

Great pick
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read