Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-21-2012   #21
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demeco Ryans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I don't know what that means. Greenwood was a decent football player on a team with poor personnel, both players and coaching.
That is the lyrics to his awesome rap. He was a part-time rapper. Anytime someone says his name I think of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-nldENm6Ls&t=0m23s
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #22
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is a load in the middle and to be honest we don't need mario he is a luxury that we can no longer afford and I think we need to do a sign & trade and get picks for him. With Demeco leading the way with Brian Cushing, Connor Barwin & Brooks Reed we are set with the starting Backers now we will need that 3rd OLB pass rusher to be drafted with one of the extra picks we get for Mario. Demeco is our leader on defense he is the man.
Old 01-22-2012   #23
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is a load in the middle and to be honest we don't need mario he is a luxury that we can no longer afford and I think we need to do a sign & trade and get picks for him. With Demeco leading the way with Brian Cushing, Connor Barwin & Brooks Reed we are set with the starting Backers now we will need that 3rd OLB pass rusher to be drafted with one of the extra picks we get for Mario. Demeco is our leader on defense he is the man.
Old 01-22-2012   #24
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I'm thinking of the positive
you're pondering the evil.
HAHAHAHAHA I hadn't heard that in for ****ing ever.
Old 01-22-2012   #25
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought DeMeco was playing much better at the end of the season. I was worried about him midway into the season but not so much anymore. I think that when the gigantic arm device comes off and he is another 6 months away from his surgery, he will be playing like he used to play on a regular basis.
These are also my thoughts on the subject. A healthy Demeco should prove to be a much improved Demeco. I'll be sad to see the huge arm device gone though. It made him look like a cybernetic organism -- living tissue over metal endoskeleton. Either that or like Bishop from Marvel comics...

Old 01-22-2012   #26
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i really thought demeco was done, and said as much earlier in the season. i still worry that he cant cover (never could), but the way he played in the ladder half of the season as he continued to heal was inspiring (knowing it would take 2 full seasons to come back from his achilles injury, and then the bum elbow). few ILB's can read and beat blocks like a healthy demeco and my tune has changed, if he's healthy next season i think he's a perfect pairing to cushing in our base formation.
Old 01-22-2012   #27
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The Ravens offense started their touchdown drives at the goal-line and at Houston's 34 yard line. All they needed was thirty-six yards to score two touchdowns.

****in..ugh...

Son of a....UGH.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2012   #28
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody thinking that as DeMeco gets healthier he begins to take some snaps away from Cushing as the single ILB, freeing up Cush to attack from the outside spot once in a while? Just something that occurred to me.

Throughout the season I saw DeMeco around the ball carrier an awful lot, his play actually surprised me, it often wasn't him making the final play but he was there influencing it enough.

One of CnD's comments from before this season has stuck with me however, I seem to recall him warning that players coming back from such injuries often had their best performance post injury in their first season back, in spite of that performance being down on pre-injury form.

I do worry about his contract though. No matter how good he plays he earns way too much for a LB who comes off the field on passing downs, that could become a problem in a year or two.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #29
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Anybody thinking that as DeMeco gets healthier he begins to take some snaps away from Cushing as the single ILB, freeing up Cush to attack from the outside spot once in a while? Just something that occurred to me.

Throughout the season I saw DeMeco around the ball carrier an awful lot, his play actually surprised me, it often wasn't him making the final play but he was there influencing it enough.

One of CnD's comments from before this season has stuck with me however, I seem to recall him warning that players coming back from such injuries often had their best performance post injury in their first season back, in spite of that performance being down on pre-injury form.

I do worry about his contract though. No matter how good he plays he earns way too much for a LB who comes off the field on passing downs, that could become a problem in a year or two.
demeco wont take any snaps from cushing, but being healthy may give wade more options. it also wouldnt affect our outside rush which wade prefers OLB's and safety/corner blitzes 99% of the time when blitzing from the outside. what a healthy demeco does is allow wade to blitz him (ryans) over the center more often instead of only cushing - and it gives freedom to more zone blitzes (including interior stunts and "stretch" rushes).

at 100% demeco is a horrible cover linebacker and wont be asked to do much without a major blitz in place (and will still come off on passing downs), but if healthy he adds another dimension to how we attack the line of scrimmage with our base personnel that we rarely saw this season - which is pretty exciting.

Last edited by Scooter; 01-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
My thought is that he'll take snaps away from our 3rd Safety... Nolan or Demps.
Old 01-22-2012   #31
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cushing isn't the edge-rusher that Barwin and Reed are and it's too impractical from a cap-managmenet perspective to retain 2 high-cap-number inside-LBs when Wades defense calls for only one 3-down inside guy.
There are teams that can probably use DeMeco as a 3-down LB in their defensive schemes, one of which is where DeMeco will probably end up playing for this upcoming season.
DeMeco is one of my favorate players and I would hate to lose him, but unless he's willing to modify/restructure his contract it's unlikely that he's a Texan in the 2012 season.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #32
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My thought is that he'll take snaps away from our 3rd Safety... Nolan or Demps.
This is where I think any extra snaps would come from also.
Old 01-23-2012   #33
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
DeMeco is one of my favorate players and I would hate to lose him, but unless he's willing to modify/restructure his contract it's unlikely that he's a Texan in the 2012 season.
I am not quite sure a split would happen so soon, even if it were a given it would happen. I would think as long as Cushing is on his rookie deal, we will keep Ryans around, and then the tough decision will be made as to if we keep him when we have the spend the money on Cushing.
Old 01-23-2012   #34
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I am not quite sure a split would happen so soon, even if it were a given it would happen. I would think as long as Cushing is on his rookie deal, we will keep Ryans around, and then the tough decision will be made as to if we keep him when we have the spend the money on Cushing.
Ryans was simply stepping up his game at the end of the year. Saying he's horrible on coverage is about the same as any ILB... There are only so many Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis/Urlacher in the league.

I think we'll see Ryans restructure his contract this year in helping the team make the caps moves.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
DeMeco signed a six year contract with $21.75 mil guaranteed in 2010. He isn't going anywhere soon - it just makes no financial sense. Cushing's rookie contract goes through the next two seasons.
Old 01-23-2012   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder what would've happened with D-Ryans if Sharpton never went down. Sharpton was playing a lot of snaps in front of D-Ryans.

I'm a huge D-Ryans fan and really hope he continues to improve as he becomes more confident with his injury.
Old 01-23-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I wonder what would've happened with D-Ryans if Sharpton never went down. Sharpton was playing a lot of snaps in front of D-Ryans.

I'm a huge D-Ryans fan and really hope he continues to improve as he becomes more confident with his injury.
The man is coming back from an Achilles injury. Sharpton was not getting snaps because he's a better LB than Demeco. He was getting snaps because he was healthier.
Old 01-23-2012   #38
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
DeMeco signed a six year contract with $21.75 mil guaranteed in 2010. He isn't going anywhere soon - it just makes no financial sense.
And then he restructured prior to the 2011 season which only makes your point about making no financial sense more valid.
Old 01-23-2012   #39
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
And then he restructured prior to the 2011 season which only makes your point about making no financial sense more valid.
But does it make sense to have that kind of cap tie-up in a player who comes off of the field in nickel situations ? It seems to me that Cushing is the only ILB we could justify that kind of cap for since he's the only player at his position who's on the field for every defensive down ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #40
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Which means he will have to restructure his contract or they will release him.
Demeco is a HUGE part of what goes on behind the scenes. According to multiple players Demeco is very important to the D and is a mentor to a lot of them. Demeco will be a Texan until he retires.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read