Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-21-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Greg Knap.... Auburn??

Hadn't seen it posted, but think it's worth discussing.

Quote:
Greg Knapp An Auburn Offensive Coordinator Target, According To Report

Texans quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp could be a candidate to replace Gus Malzahn on the Auburn staff.
We may lose nappy.
Old 01-21-2012   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Knap.... Auburn??

I think if we were going with Yates full time next season and didn't have Schaub, this potential loss would hurt. Knap works well with Yates. However, since we should have Schaub at the begining of camp (hopefully), then the loss of Knap won't sting too much.

If he goes, I hope he is really sucessful. If not, then we still have him! haha

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #3
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I think if we were going with Yates full time next season and didn't have Schaub, this potential loss would hurt. Knap works well with Yates. However, since we should have Schaub at the begining of camp (hopefully), then the loss of Knap won't sting too much.

If he goes, I hope he is really sucessful. If not, then we still have him! haha
Schaub is coming back from a really nasty injury to his foot. IF he's ready to go by camp, IF he's ready to go by game 1, he's still going to need a lot of work on his throwing mechanics to help him rebuild the trust in that foot, or even to change up his action somewhat to cope with a weakened/painful foot.

I'd think that would be difficult enough with your existing QB coach, let alone without him.

As a coaching staff loss, this one would worry me some, its not the be all and end all to next season, but it would be a significant inconvenience in our preparations.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Has always resembled the "gas man" from Dumb and Dumber....

Old 01-22-2012   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd hate to see him go. After reading how much effort he puts into getting the QB's ready for games though, as well as being an offensive coordinator prior to coming here, I would not be surprised to see him take another job.

However, as bad as Kubiak's defensive hires have been before Wade came here, he's created a good offensive staff. He'll get somebody good to replace him (if he leaves), I'm sure.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #6
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya... As bad as kubes defensive coaches were, his offensive coaches have been very solid. I have full faith in kubiak (didn't think id ever type that phrase) to replace him with someone competent. If there's one thing kubiak knows, its qbs.
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #7
LongTimeLurker
#1 UTSA Fan

Rep Power: 0 LongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respectedLongTimeLurker is a quality contributor and well respected

i have no doubt that kubiak can step in as interim QB coach for a short time while fielding prospects. whenever someone leaves the organization to better themselves or their situation, i wish them the best of luck
LongTimeLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2012   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't guarantee he's staying with the Texans, but he's not going to Auburn.

Quote:
Gene Chizik landed another solid piece to his program Sunday when it was announced that Scot Loeffler would take over as the team's new offensive coordinator. Loeffler, who will replace Gus Malzahn, served as Temple's offensive coordinator last season after coaching Florida's quarterbacks the prior two years.
LINK (Second story down)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read