Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Kubiak
I hope he is the coach here for the next 10 years 28 20.29%
Kubiak should be fired and Wade promoted to head coach 5 3.62%
If Kubiak has a bad year next season, he should be gone 27 19.57%
If he has a bad year next year, he should be given one more year 7 5.07%
I'm on the fence...Depends on how exactly things shake out 42 30.43%
Kubiak nor Wade are good head coaches. Hopefully Wary can get it done. 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2012   #101
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How do you feel about Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Throw in the injuries we had, which would have sunk any of the other 31 teams. I mean it. Would the Saints stand a chance with their 3rd string QB, no Will Smith, and many other key players gone from the lineup for 3 weeks or more at a time? I don't think so. Therefore, I think Kubiak's locker room standing with his guys is what got us the AFC South title and into round 2 of the playoffs.

I really think the Ravens game was the final straw for us. It was the ceiling that existed due to a long, long road of obstacles. What's terrible, IMO, is that had we beat the Ravens that day...and I don't think I'm being a homer here...I think we beat the Patriots and we're in the Super Bowl. But all in all, the ceiling was there and we couldn't bust through it. It gives all of them something to work for in 2012. They know this. They know it to their core.

Here's my take on that...

Injuries; Yes...We had plenty and we had them to key players BUT...the guys who stepped in and filled those roles didn't play like "rookies" or "third stringers"...

Much of that credit goes to the coaches, of course, but my point is that once you found out those guys could actually play a little bit the injury excuses kind of went out the window for me. Now, I think that we definitely would have been better if we had not had those key injuries....But once you're there, you're there...

Once you are in position to win the game, win it. Don't make the kind of mistakes that can cost your team the game...That goes for players and coaches...

It's fun to think....oh we'll be back next year...But nothing is guaranteed....I'd like to hope we can keep the train rolling....but look how many teams almost get to the top of the mountain one year and then struggle to get back there the next year...or the next few years....

I think Kubiak did a great job all year long with the offense. Sure he made some questionable calls at times but they were only questionable because they didn't work...He has his issues he needs to iron out...

So I'm with you. I'm on the fence about him as a head coach. Despite Wary doing a good job this year, we need Kubiak to actually be a good head coach if we want to win a super bowl.

Our schedule will be harder this up coming season. This will be a real test for Kubiak. Can he get us into the play-offs with a good record and can we at least get back to the divisional round and possible win it. I hope so.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #102
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Once you are in position to win the game, win it. Don't make the kind of mistakes that can cost your team the game...That goes for players and coaches...
I agree. I thought that was the reason we scaled it back a bit for the last three games of the year. To work on our run game & find out what Tj can do well consistently.

It looked exactly like that when we routed Cincinnati & I was expecting more of the same.

I understood coming out slinging it, back that defense up & get our run game going. But I thought we put more on Tj's plate than we needed to.
Old 01-24-2012   #103
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
On at least one of those slings, A.J. was supposed to be the decoy, but Reed faked out Yates and managed to recover extremely well when it looked to Yates like he couldn't. The pass is generally designed to go up the middle for about 20 yards (or so) to (I believe) Walter, but Yates took the bait and slung it to a A.J. By the time it got there, he was very-well covered. Point being Kubiak didn't call that play intending for the bomb that was thrown for A.J. Ed Reed is a master.
Yeah because Kevin Walter was WIDE OPEN on a seam route down the middle on the last INT.

On the 2nd INT Walter was TRIPLE COVERED. Andre Johnson beat his man on the sideline (safety was occupied with Walter) so he was WIDE OPEN. Defense play soft coverage, so Foster was WIDE OPEN in the flat with space to run.

People need to stop playing playcalling. They plays were designed to perfection. It's all about execution. Point blank. If Yates doesn't chuck up the INTs, I guarantee you we run some more.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #104
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had a bit of an embarrassing moment this time last year when McNair had lunch with Bum Phillips and then Wade gets whisked into the d-coord chair. I mean, that was a HUGE slap to the face of Kubiak that McNair had to relieve him of that duty.
McNair met with Bum Phillips and Dan Pastorini before the end of the 2010 season, when Frank Bush was still on the staff. This is straight from Pastorini's mouth during a recent interview.

They were not trying to undermine Kubiak, though. Bum and Dan obviously had their motives, but Kubiak and Wade have a friendship that goes back to the 1970's and Luv Ya Blue days.

Kubiak was 100% on board with signing Wade, but he could not be a part of the initial meeting due to the fact that the season was still going and he still had a DC on the staff.

Just to clarify that it was never a so-called "slap in the face" within that circle. This is more of projection by fans than anything in reality, and this according to those that were involved with the hiring process.
Old 01-24-2012   #105
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
McNair met with Bum Phillips and Dan Pastorini before the end of the 2010 season, when Frank Bush was still on the staff. This is straight from Pastorini's mouth during a recent interview.

They were not trying to undermine Kubiak, though. Bum and Dan obviously had their motives, but Kubiak and Wade have a friendship that goes back to the 1970's and Luv Ya Blue days.

Kubiak was 100% on board with signing Wade, but he could not be a part of the initial meeting due to the fact that the season was still going and he still had a DC on the staff.

Just to clarify that it was never a so-called "slap in the face" within that circle. This is more of projection by fans than anything in reality, and this according to those that were involved with the hiring process.
Exactly. Another fan made myth of McNair hiring Wade over Kubiak's objection or even opinion.
Old 01-24-2012   #106
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The folks that voted that Kubiak should be fired and Wade promoted to head coach...I'd like to hear why you believe that if you have the time to respond...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Exactly. Another fan made myth of McNair hiring Wade over Kubiak's objection or even opinion.
It's amusing how many fans seem to have "insider information" about playcalling and personnel moves with a team that is traditionally as tight lipped as the KGB during the Cold War. Then, to see biased assumptions presented as factual evidence in spite of, you know, actual facts straight from the source just adds to the fun.

Old 01-24-2012   #108
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's amusing how many fans seem to have "insider information" about playcalling and personnel moves with a team that is traditionally as tight lipped as the KGB during the Cold War. Then, to see biased assumptions presented as factual evidence in spite of, you know, actual facts straight from the source just adds to the fun.

Good point. It does not take away from the fact that a good DC was not hired by Kubiak for his first five seasons. His sixth season the organization (or someone) brought in Wade and the Texans finally achieved success.

Whatever is made of all this, my opinion of Kubiak will not change, and that is he should have been gone a long time ago. But, since he's here, and as long as Wade is here to cover his ass, I'm good with it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #109
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Where did I ever say that Kubiak objected or that he had an opinion on it???

I never said such a thing, but Icak implies that I did and so that's that, huh? LOL.

Kubiak had no choice in the matter. No voice. It didn't matter what he said or didn't say, McNair was hiring Wade with or without Kubiak. It's insulting for my post to get twisted in that matter. I was here when everything went down, remember?

All I said is that it WAS a slap in Kubiak's face. There's no two ways about it. For the owner to have let Kubiak hire two BAD d-coordinators and then for that same owner to come in and save the day by hiring Wade...you guys can bet your boots that Kubiak's feelings were indirectly affected. He's human.

That's all I said. You think if YOU were the HC and YOU had hired your one DCs and then the owner goes out and gets Wade that it doesn't sting at least a tiny bit? Sure it does.

That's all I said. But a big Thank You to Icak for once again putting words into my post, equating me as being some fan who carries out myths. I didn't anything of the sort. If I did, show me where I said that Kubiak objected to it or had a voice in it. You'll seek but you will not find.
Old 01-24-2012   #110
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak made some "buddy/buddy" choices hiring defensive coordinators. It backfired tremendously. But I don't think Kubiak had objection to Wade Phillips when Bob McNair hired him and allowed Phillips to assemble his guys on that side of the ball. As an organization, they realized that we had a solid offense that had been productive since 2007 (top 10 every year since 2007. top 5 every year since 2008). So we decided to get an experienced defensive coordinator to shore up our underachieving defense. I don't think Kubiak had any objection to this, and it allowed us to grow as a franchise. Some coaches are too stubborn to admit they were wrong, so I think that is a good trait for a head coach.
Old 01-24-2012   #111
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. Wow.

That's all I can say.
Old 01-24-2012   #112
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The folks that voted that Kubiak should be fired and Wade promoted to head coach...I'd like to hear why you believe that if you have the time to respond...
I didn't vote, but I will say that Kubiak should remain head coach.

I don't want Wade Phillips "head coaching" this team. Kubiak has his warts, but all in all he manages the team all year long in a way that the players have responded VERY well to. And that's the key thing.

He's going to goof up, but then again all HCs do at some point. I give the nod to Kubiak due to his ability to keep the players engaged and focused, even through a horrible 2011 season where we could have seen lesser "teams" implode.
Old 01-24-2012   #113
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I never said such a thing, but Icak implies that I did and so that's that, huh? LOL.
I made no such implication. To state it plainly we (as an entire fan base which would include you) don't know exactly what happened. But since you opted to be a classic example:

Quote:
Kubiak had no choice in the matter. No voice. It didn't matter what he said or didn't say, McNair was hiring Wade with or without Kubiak.
We do not know that. You and others can keep pretending you do and it still won't make it known fact.
Old 01-24-2012   #114
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Good point. It does not take away from the fact that a good DC was not hired by Kubiak for his first five seasons. His sixth season the organization (or someone) brought in Wade and the Texans finally achieved success.

Whatever is made of all this, my opinion of Kubiak will not change, and that is he should have been gone a long time ago. But, since he's here, and as long as Wade is here to cover his ass, I'm good with it.
Coaches are no different than the rest of us in that networking pays dividends. They usually hire coaches that they have worked with in the past, and it makes sense to bring in someone that you trust as a head coach.

If you look at Kubiak's resume, it's pretty much Denver Broncos with a little 49ers and Texas A&M thrown in. He's not a journeyman coach that has been with a lot of teams and formed a lot of contacts in his network.

Wade was not available until mid-2010. I have no doubt that if Wade had been available sooner, he would have received the call.

Quote:

Kubiak had no choice in the matter. No voice. It didn't matter what he said or didn't say, McNair was hiring Wade with or without Kubiak. It's insulting for my post to get twisted in that matter. I was here when everything went down, remember?

All I said is that it WAS a slap in Kubiak's face. There's no two ways about it. For the owner to have let Kubiak hire two BAD d-coordinators and then for that same owner to come in and save the day by hiring Wade...you guys can bet your boots that Kubiak's feelings were indirectly affected. He's human.

That's all I said. You think if YOU were the HC and YOU had hired your one DCs and then the owner goes out and gets Wade that it doesn't sting at least a tiny bit? Sure it does.

That's all I said. But a big Thank You to Icak for once again putting words into my post, equating me as being some fan who carries out myths. I didn't anything of the sort. If I did, show me where I said that Kubiak objected to it or had a voice in it. You'll seek but you will not find.
Dude, don't get all defensive when your speculation and assumptions are questioned.

Show me some evidence, ANY EVIDENCE, that Kubiak was disrespected, slapped in the face, or his authority as HC overriden by the owner.

And PLEASE, show me ANYTHING that supports "Kubiak had no choice in the matter".

I have seen and heard interviews with Bob McNair, Bum Phillips, Dan Pastorini, Wade Phillips, Rick Smith, and Gary Kubiak the past year that ALL indicate a cohesive set of events. They are not covering up anything. Kubiak and Wade have been friends for decades, so they are in each other's coaching networks. Kubiak could not be a part of the initial meeting because he was a) busy being a head coach during an on-going season, and b) most likely did not look good as a HC to be interviewing a potential DC when he already had a guy yet to be fired.

All this Kubiak was forced to do this or made to do that is just nonsense. Think about it: Kubiak chose the GM and was given full authority by the owner, who is obviously big on the head coach when looking at his 6 years with this team.

We are not putting words in your mouth. Please show me where Kubiak was "embarrassed" (your words), was "relieve(d) of that duty" (your words), or slapped in the face (your words).

I don't have to make stuff up when you go full frontal asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Kubiak made some "buddy/buddy" choices hiring defensive coordinators.
Including Wade, considering that they have been friends since the 1970's.

Quote:
Phillips, fired as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys after a 1-7 start, has strong ties to both the city and Kubiak.

He grew up in the area and played linebacker at the University of Houston in the 1960s. He began his NFL coaching career in the late 1970s with the Houston Oilers, who were coached by his father, Bum. Kubiak was a ball boy for the Oilers back then, and the two have remained friends across 30 years.

Source
Old 01-24-2012   #115
GP 
Go Texans!

DB, why don't you mention the people by name instead of being vague when you address someone in your post? Is it too much to ask for you to quote the dumbasses instead of having people on here make assumptions about which dumbasses you're talking about? I think it's good MB etiquette (since that's a topic lately) to do so. Just quote me, or CarrBombed, and give us that much. We deserve that shred of decency on here. Period.

Back to the topic:

Without you going all sarcastic on me, like you do when someone disagrees with you, let's just agree to stick with the topic OK?

The topic, now, is whether I have proof or not about all this crap with Kubiak and Wade. I don't have to have proof, DB. Do YOU have proof? No, you don't. We're all speculating, aren't we? So why go to such lengths to call out people (such as me or CarrBombed, etc.) for speculating when that's all anybody has at the end of the day.

In my view, you cannot just say "Well, Wade wasn't available until mid-2010 and since he and Kubiak go back to the Denver days, Kubiak would have called him up." Oh really? That's as much speculation as anything I have said here! That's connecting dots that you don't have the proof to make those assumptions.

What we DO have, is this: (1) Kubiak hired Richard Smith who failed abysmally and then (2) Kubiak hired Frank Bush who also failed abysmally. The next evidence we have to examine is this: (3) Early 2011, Bum Phillips and Pastorini met with McNair and felt Wade should be d-coord.

Now, help me understand if it was Gary Kubiak who arranged this meeting or not. In terms of speculation, can we not agree that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Gary Kubiak would ask Bum Phillips and Pastorini to meet with Bob McNair and try to get Wade Phillips as d-coord?

I never said Kubiak suggested one way or another. Based on what we know from pre-2011 and what happened in early 2011, it's safe to say that the head coach of the Houston Texans (Gary Kubiak) was not exactly the guy who decided to hire Wade Phillips. The hiring of Wade came upon the heels of a meeting between BUM PHILLIPS and BOB McNAIR. Gary's opinion, one way or the other, was either not sought or was not a determining factor. At this stage of the ballgame, McNair was doing the hiring and the decision-making.

Lastly, there's not a man on this earth (especially men who coach football) who wouldn't feel a tinge of ire for having hired his own DCs until one point in time when your boss (McNair in this case) decides you don't have the chops to find the right guy for the job. It's human nature. I never said Gary hated it, that he loathed it, etc. I just said it's there in the back of his brain...like it would be for any of us here. But, I get hammered and accused of creating myths.

How? What myth am I propping up? That Wade was hired by Bob? He was. That Kubiak didn't choose Wade? He probably didn't, but we'll never know. In the grand scheme of things, you bring YOUR proof to the table if mine is so important. All this "Prove your point" BS is just that: BS. We'll never know unless someone writes a book, until then...it's. just. discussion. No need in painting me or anybody else as being liars or propping up myths.
Old 01-24-2012   #116
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I made no such implication. To state it plainly we (as an entire fan base which would include you) don't know exactly what happened. But since you opted to be a classic example:

We do not know that. You and others can keep pretending you do and it still won't make it known fact.
Oh, so Bob McNair is going to stake all of 2011 on whether Gary approves of Wade as d-coord or not?

Which is more likely: Bob said, "Gary, I'm bringing in Wade. Hope that sits OK with you." Gary, who is on that proverbial hot seat for having chosen the two previous d-coords, and who also told McNair "Shucks, I can work with David Carr and we'll see what we get out of him..." says the same damn thing he did when he interviewed for the job the first time. "Yes sir, I think that's a good idea."

Or....Gary has an all-day or half-day or one-hour meeting with McNair where McNair listens intently to what Gary Kubiak thinks about Wade Phillips.

Come on, man! Proof? Proof is in the historicity of how this team has functioned and how Kubiak has the right answers at the right times for McNair.

I tell you what, just find me your source and the text or audio or video of where it shows Kubiak dialed up Wade and mentioned him to McNair and was Wade's biggest fan around January'ish of 2011.

Everything points toward Bob and Bum (and Wade on the side) angling for the job and Kubiak rubber-stamping it like he should have.
Old 01-24-2012   #117
GP 
Go Texans!

I've made my statements. It's clear what I am saying and I don't think it's conspiracy theory stuff nor unlikely. It's based on the historicity of Kubiak's survival techniques (having the right answers) and the PROOF that Wade's daddy met with the boss man and Wade got hired soon thereafter.

Anything more from me on this would just be back-and-forth rhetoric between me and two mods.

So I'm done. You guys can make hash of me all you want. By the way you guys hammered me, you'd think I was proposing we trade Mario and Schaub for Peyton Manning. LOL.
Old 01-24-2012   #118
Pieman2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I agree with most of what that guys says. However, one thing that has to be said about Kubiak is that he always has his players playing hard for him. Even when we had bad seasons his players never quit on him. Kubiak should get some huge credit for that even if he does have some short-comings when it comes to his game-day decisions (although he was much better this year at that).
I wouldn't say he always had the team playing hard. Remember 2010-2011 season? So many games where we came out of the game not playing hard or even trying as it seemed.
Pieman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #119
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
I wouldn't say he always had the team playing hard. Remember 2010-2011 season? So many games where we came out of the game not playing hard or even trying as it seemed.
I guess that's why we came back from all those deficits. We competed in every game, especially that debacle of a run down the stretch where we kept losing the games in the 4th quarter. If that wasn't playing hard I don't know what is. Nobody saw one player quit on their coach, even when we were mathematically out. I can't say the same for Wade (GB monstrosity). He is better off as our d-coordinator.
Old 01-24-2012   #120
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

I had a lengthy reply, but I just decided vugg it, not worth it, delete.

Look, GP, I'm asking for proof of your position in order to truly comprehend what happened when Wade was hired. If you can provide something, I will be glad to change my perspective accordingly.

The question was not rhetorical to argue with you, which for whatever reason(s) you immediately establish a defensive perimeter. My asking for evidence was an honest question that certainly did not deserve your time that was to required to prepare the subsequent diatribe.

We are both Texans fans, so same team and all that stuff, right? And I always welcome information that challenges the status quo and I have absolutely no problem in absorbing new details for a paradigm shift in perspective.

I did keep the following nugget from my novel, mainly because I thought it was funny:

Quote:
DB, why don't you mention the people by name instead of being vague when you address someone in your post? Is it too much to ask for you to quote the dumbasses instead of having people on here make assumptions about which dumbasses you're talking about? I think it's good MB etiquette (since that's a topic lately) to do so. Just quote me, or CarrBombed, and give us that much. We deserve that shred of decency on here. Period.
Carr Bombed has got to be wondering why you decided to drag his good name through the mud...

The rest of it I will not engage, simply because I have no desire to hash or hammer or whatever it is that redundant discussions do in the end.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read