Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2012   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Someone tattled to the Ravens about Joe Flacco riding a skateboard.

Quote:
It's a story straight out of suburbia: A nosy neighbor sees someone riding around on a skateboard and makes a call to an authority figure in an attempt to stop such rebellious behavior. The one key difference in the following tale: The someone on the skateboard was Joe Flacco and the authority figure the neighbor called was the Baltimore Ravens.

The quarterback, who will face the New England Patriots in Sunday's AFC championship game, recounted the story on Wednesday to "NFL Total Access." Our friends at NFL.com have the transcription:

"I'd never been on a skateboard in my life, so I was literally riding it about 10 feet down my driveway just to see if I could stand on it and stay upright. One of my neighbors must have called in looking for [general manager] Ozzie Newsome and left a voicemail on his secretary's phone saying, 'Hey, man, you got to let Joe Flacco know we're trying to win the Super Bowl around here! He's at home riding a skateboard. Somebody's got to let him know what the deal is.'"

Little known fact: The neighbor was Ed Reed.
LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...155450965.html
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #2
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Someone tattled to the Ravens about Joe Flacco riding a skateboard.

Some people seriously need a life. Dude can't step on a freaking skateboard in his own driveway without a Ravens fan flipping out about how he's not "getting ready" for the championship game?

Do people not realize that football players are human, and if they spend too much time preparing for games they will be burned out, mentally exhausted, and perform poorly?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #3
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

How Chris Chase still has a job at Yahoo is beyond me.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #4
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

damn I wish Kevin Watler had called Joe Marciano and told him he say Jacoby Jones juggling beers in his neighborhood.
Old 01-20-2012   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people need to get laid.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, if I was in Ed Reed's position I would be upset by this too, I would probably go to Flacco personally first but I don't need my QB doing something that he himself says he can't do that risks an injury.

Give it a couple of days and skateboard all you like after you hang a donut on the scoreboard against the Patriots.
Old 01-20-2012   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Doesn't Flacco's mansion have room to ride the skateboard inside, in privacy?

Old 01-20-2012   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 27795 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
To be honest, if I was in Ed Reed's position I would be upset by this too, I would probably go to Flacco personally first but I don't need my QB doing something that he himself says he can't do that risks an injury.

Give it a couple of days and skateboard all you like after you hang a donut on the scoreboard against the Patriots.
Totally agree..

Look these guys are important parts of a team that's working for some of them a last chance at winning the superbowl, or their second ring. This reminds me of when we went to calgary for a couple weeks to do some work. We were almost finished, and going live, the night before going live they guys went out and stayed out till 3AM. I blew a gasket cause the next day I'm carrying 3-4 hungover guys. It wasn't the fact that they went out and drank, they just exercised poor timing and judgement.. We went out 3 days after go live after *ALL* the work was done.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed really isn't his neighbor... that was a joke. Coming from Reed's criticism of Flacco after our game.
Quote:
Little known fact: The neighbor was Ed Reed.

Kidding, but aren't you starting to get an idea of why the future Hall of Famer called out his quarterback to the press this week? All you need to know about Flacco's decision-making abilities can be gleaned from this story and from that horseshoe mustache.
You know, it really does suck that these athletes can't live a normal life without anybody with a cell phone taking a picture or spreading a rumor or tweeting the world about whats going on.

With that said, I think its really dumb of Flacco to be getting on a skateboard for the first time in his life to see if he could ride one. Sounds dumb, and it really kind of is... but honestly it's so easy to fall off of one of those (particularly if its your first time) and land on your arm or wrist funny. You don't do this stuff in the middle of the playoffs when you are one win away from the Super Bowl.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Some people seriously need a life. Dude can't step on a freaking skateboard in his own driveway without a Ravens fan flipping out about how he's not "getting ready" for the championship game?

Do people not realize that football players are human, and if they spend too much time preparing for games they will be burned out, mentally exhausted, and perform poorly?

I get what you're saying but I literally know someone who rode his kids skateboard a few feet down his driveway, fell, and broke both arms.

BOTH ARMS!

How he managed this I will never understand but Joe Flacco goes down and breaks his wrist or something and the Ravens are starting their version of Matt Leinart in the AFC Championship Game. There's a time to learn if you can balance on a skateboard and there's a time not to. I'd say the time to learn is after you've been eliminated not days before you play for the right to advance to the Super Bowl.

That's just me though.
Old 01-21-2012   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Someone tattled to the Ravens about Joe Flacco riding a skateboard.

I could be mistaken, but I always thought pro teams put in some clauses in the contracts preventing players from water skiing or mountain climbing etc. IIRC, I think a baseball player slipped & sprained his ankle ice skating a few years back.
Old 01-21-2012   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever watch World's Dumbest? There's always some assclown trying to skate. Inevitably he falls and breaks an arm, wrist, collar bone, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Some people need to get laid.
Oh, my God! We're trying to win a Superbowl and our QB is having sex!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #14
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
damn I wish Kevin Watler had called Joe Marciano and told him he say Jacoby Jones juggling beers in his neighborhood.
he was actually trying to catch those beers..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read