Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default All-Decade Depth Chart:

Season 10 has ended (unfortunately) and so I thought it would be fun to do a All Decade Depth Chart. I am going off of the HT website depth chart to save the confusion of using a 3-4,4-3 etc etc. Offense plus Defense equals 51 Players (obviously the punter and kicker would finish it the roster.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

Offense
POS (parenthesis is the number of players that the Texans carried)
WR1 (3)AJ, Kevin Walter,Jabar Gafney
LT (2)Duane Brown
LG (2)Chester Pitts
C (2)Chris Myers
RG (2)
RT (2) Eric Winston
TE (3) Owen Daniels,Joel Dreesen,Casey
WR2 (2)
QB (3) Matt Schaub,Sage Rosefels,TJ Yates
RB (3) Arian Foster, Ben Tate, DD/DW
FB (2) Leech,Vickers

Defense

POS
DE (2)
DT (2) Seth Payne
DE (2)
SLB (2)
ILB (2)
ILB (2)
WLB (2)
LCB (3)Joseph Coleman
RCB (3) Glenn D-Rob
SS (2)
FS (3)

(this will be repeats of players with exception of obviously the punter and kicker)
POS
PK (1)
P (1)
LS (3)
KR (3)
PR (3)
H (1)

I will have to edit this.. my brain is overloading when I am thinking about DE's and all the Linebackers the Texans have had now and before.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All-Decade Depth Chart:

There should be an All-Decade depth chart for both our best players ever and the worst. The worst one would be fun. Would probably bring back too many bad memories though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
There should be an All-Decade depth chart for both our best players ever and the worst. The worst one would be fun. Would probably bring back too many bad memories though.
Hey now, there's no reason to force people to remember Matt Stevens, DeMingo Graham, Jimmy Herndon, Jabari Issa, or the glass man himself, Bennie Joppru. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Old 01-20-2012   #4
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
Hey now, there's no reason to force people to remember Matt Stevens, DeMingo Graham, Jimmy Herndon, Jabari Issa, or the glass man himself, Bennie Joppru. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Negged.

Just kidding. But that post was brutal!
Old 01-20-2012   #5
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this all-decade team only taking into account how good the player was while he played for the Texans? So no Eric Moulds or Ahman Green, when both were superstars during their prime years for other teams? That sort of thing I'm wondering about.
Bulls on Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #6
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

OK why no MARIO at DE?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #7
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Billy Miller as 2nd TE
Had 1st ever TD 19-yard pass from David Carr vs. Dallas Cowboys, 9/8/02.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2012   #8
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

What? No Steve McKinney?
Old 01-20-2012   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Season 10 has ended (unfortunately) and so I thought it would be fun to do a All Decade Depth Chart. I am going off of the HT website depth chart to save the confusion of using a 3-4,4-3 etc etc. Offense plus Defense equals 51 Players (obviously the punter and kicker would finish it the roster.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

Offense
WR1 (3)AJ, Kevin Walter,Jabar Gafney
LT (2)Duane Brown
LG (2)Chester Pitts
C (2)Chris Myers
RG (2)
RT (2) Eric Winston
TE (3) Owen Daniels,Joel Dreesen,Casey
WR2 (2)
QB (3) Matt Schaub,Sage Rosefels,TJ Yates
RB (3) Arian Foster, Ben Tate, DD/DW
FB (2) Leech,Vickers

Defense

POS
DE (2)
DT (2) Seth Payne
DE (2)
SLB (2)
ILB (2)
ILB (2)
WLB (2)
LCB (3)Joseph Coleman
RCB (3) Glenn D-Rob
SS (2)
FS (3)

(this will be repeats of players with exception of obviously the punter and kicker)
POS
PK (1)
P (1)
LS (3)
KR (3)
PR (3)
H (1)

I will have to edit this.. my brain is overloading when I am thinking about DE's and all the Linebackers the Texans have had now and before.
I like it. I am going to stick with the 34

DE Gary Walker
DE Watt
DT Cody

OLB Williams
OLB Barwin
ILB Cushing
ILB Sharper

CB Joseph
CB Glen
S Manning
S Matt Stevens............J/K......Quin

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I like it. I am going to stick with the 34

DT Cody
Seth Payne.
Old 01-21-2012   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Other mentions...

The 2nd RB is DD (not Ben Tate...DD has earned that role and Ben Tate hasn't put in enough work)

The backup FB is not vickers...it's Moran Norris (who blocked for DD), who after leaving Houston has had a VERY successful career blocking for Frank Gore. Vickers has ran into the back of his lineman or missed blocks altogether way too much for me to elevate him over the player that Norris was. Norris was our "irreplaceable FB", before Leach became that...both FBs were better than Vickers.

The backup center/guard is Steve McKinney

Our starting RG is Briesel...he's earned it

And despite being a complete ****head, the lead KR is Jerome Mathis. Despite being a turd and a flash in the pan player, that guy made really really fast players look really slow and could hit the smallest of creases and do a house call...what a waste in talent, if he had his head on straight and his hammy stayed healthy we could be saying "Hester who?" Still to this day the most explosive player that's been on a Texans roster.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-21-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Billy Miller as 2nd TE
Had 1st ever TD 19-yard pass from David Carr vs. Dallas Cowboys, 9/8/02.
Which doesn't mean anything. One play is one play and nothing more. Joel Dreesen has been >>>>> than Miller.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #13
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

If only Bennie Joppru had stayed healthy. The guy was an absolute beast coming out of college. Tony Hollings also. Oh wait, this isn't the all-bust team we're putting together? LOL
Bulls on Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just list the 2011 roster. This is far and away the best team and individual players that we've ever fielded. I would add Glenn and Payne to the list, though.
Old 01-21-2012   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Just list the 2011 roster. This is far and away the best team and individual players that we've ever fielded. I would add Glenn and Payne to the list, though.
I'd add Jabbar Gaffney also. Seeing how well he did in N.E. with Brady throwing to him, I wonder how effective he could have been had Schaub been QB when he was here. At the very least he would have taken the #3 WR from Jacoby and possibly challenged Walter for #2.

Edit: What the hell, might as well go all in...

Offense
WR1 (3) A.J., A. Davis
LT. (2) Duane Brown, ????
LG. (2) Chester Pitts, W. Smith
C.. (2) Chris Myers, S. McKinney
RG. (2) M. Briesel, F. Weary
RT. (2) Eric Winston, E. Salaam (he wasn't great but it took a 1st pick to displace him)
TE. (3) Owen Daniels, Joel Dreessen, Casey
WR2 (2) Kevin Walter, Jabbar Gaffney
QB. (3) Matt Schaub, Sage Rosefels, T.J. Yates
RB. (3) Arian Foster, D. Davis-Williams, B. Tate
FB. (2) Leech, Vickers (isn't this the first year we actually carried 2 FBs?)

Defense

POS
LDE (2) J.J. Watt, G. Walker
.DT (2) Seth Payne, S. Cody
RDE (2) A. Smith, A. Weaver (who knows what he could have done under Wade's scheme)
SLB (2) M. Williams, C. Barwin
ILB (2) D. Ryans, T. Dobbins
ILB (2) B. Cushing, J. Sharper
WLB (2) B. Reed, K. Wong
LCB (3) J. Joseph, M. Coleman, J. Reeves (hey, he's 3rd string)
RCB (3) A. Glenn, D. Robinson, ????
.SS (2) G. Quin, M. Pollard (had to switch these; Quin covers better)
.FS (3) D. Manning, M. Coleman, M. McCree

Perhaps it's just me but it seems a bit sad to me that Sage is our 2nd best QB....

Last edited by ObsiWan; 01-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #16
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Some tough calls. Seth Payne deserves the DT spot. DD/DW deserves the #2 RB spot. You have to find a way to get Jamie Sharper on the team. Perhaps you set the depth chart as the 3-4, have Cushing and Barwin outside and Sharper and Demeco inside. That right there would be a scary good defense.

And just for him being an *******, I vote that Dunta has no spot on this team. But with Joseph and Glenn at CB with maybe Quinn backing them up (since I think you have to put Coleman and McCree at safety) we would have a dominant secondary.

Finally, put Steve McKinney at RG. The guy was great for us.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If only Bennie Joppru had stayed healthy. The guy was an absolute beast coming out of college. Tony Hollings also. Oh wait, this isn't the all-bust team we're putting together? LOL
I'm bored, so what the hell? Here goes nothing...

QB: Carr, former NFL Europe MVP Dave Ragone, Symons
RB: Hollings, Wells, Morency ("Merciless" James Allen just misses the cut)
FB: Baxter
WR1: Mathis, Bradford, Jermaine Lewis
TE: Joppru, Hill, Holloway
LT: Boselli, Wand
LG: Graham, Brown
C: Flanagan, Hodgdon
RG: Riley, Weigert
RT: Wade, Young, I-65 Jordan Black
WR2: Jones, Moulds

3-4 defense
DE: Okoye, Hill, Weaver
NT: DeLoach, Ioane
DE: Johnson, Robaire Smith
LOLB: Babin, Foley
LILB: Polk, Foreman
RILB: Greenwood, Adibi
ROLB: Peek, Clemons
LCB: Buchanon, Molden
FS: Stevens, Hutchins
SS: Earl (we had him rated as a 1st round pick!), Curry Burns (awesome name that deserves recognition)

I decided to err on the side of players that actually had some expectations placed on them, as opposed to just picking the most awful players in team history.

As for the All-Decade team, take the 2011 team and add Leech, Dom Davis, Gaffney, Pitts, Walker, Sharper, and Glenn. Remove as necessary.
Old 01-21-2012   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Finally, put Steve McKinney at RG. The guy was great for us.
He really wasn't. He was a weak link on a line that included Seth Wand, Zach Wiegert, and Todd Wade. Let that sink in for a second. The majority of the pressure during the bad years came from up the middle when he was here. I can't tell you how many times I saw a DT blow up McKinney, flush Carr out of the pocket, then Carr takes a sack from the end, which is faulted in the stat sheet to the OT, when it was really McKinney's fault.
Old 01-21-2012   #19
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Please delete. Weird double post...
Old 01-21-2012   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Would anyone be inclined to include Babin? He's certainly blossomed the last few years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read