Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2012   #1
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80525 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rob Lowe reports: Peyton To Retire.

Link

LOL!

Edit: dammit mods, typo in the title, could you please fix it....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rob Lowe reporrts Peyton To Retire.

The first thing that entered my mind was......why the hell are you following Rob Lowe? lol
Old 01-18-2012   #3
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 80525 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The first thing that entered my mind was......why the hell are you following Rob Lowe? lol
Check out some of the tweets about it, funny stuff.

Quote:
Rob Lowe is breaking news of Peyton Manning retiring. This is what happens when the entire internet shuts down for a day.

Old 01-18-2012   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I hope this is true for so many reasons.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, maybe Pauly Shore can break some news about the Texans next.
Old 01-18-2012   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

How weird....
Old 01-18-2012   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rob Lowe reports: Peyton To Retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Link

LOL!

Edit: dammit mods, typo in the title, could you please fix it....
Done.

On the story, I hope it's true for Peyton's sake alone. I would really hate to see the guy taken out on a stretcher and paralyzed for the rest of his life, and that is basically the very real risk that he'd be taking under his circumstances.
Old 01-18-2012   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Check out some of the tweets about it, funny stuff.

Yeah, I went and checked out Twitter after I posted and it's all over the place.
Old 01-18-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
How weird....
No shyte.

If I followed Rob Lowe I sure as heck wouldn't put that out on the internets!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Today, Rob Lowe announced Peyton Manning's retirement and Mark Wahlberg announced he could have stopped 9/11. Your move, Liam Neeson.
20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

rights_of_bill Only A Bill
Rob Lowe reports Peyton Manning will retire. In other news, Chris Farley has nothing to report. cc: @travisrodgers
41 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel
Even Judd Nelson wonders, "Whatever happened to Rob Lowe?"
24 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

DanWolken Dan Wolken
I had Rob Lowe pegged as more of a Tom Brady guy.
23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Kevin_Agee Kevin Agee
Peyton Manning WILL retire someday. I think that validates Rob Lowe's assertion.
58 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

OGTedBerg Ted Berg
If they're friends, it's even money Peyton Manning calls Rob Lowe "Sodapop," and not even because he loved
The Outsiders.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CaptainFloyd Captain Floyd
Marky Mark, Rob Lowe, terrorism, and masturbation are all things I think about on a daily basis.
56 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

If you search Yahoo for Peyton Manning retire and filter by today you get pages of all these websites reporting on Rob Lowe.

Funny stuff.

I got a half eaten biscuit that says Manning doesn't retire.

Is Manning the new Brett Favre?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So does this mean he will literally never take another snap?
Old 01-18-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching Peyton chew fingernails all season in agony he was not on field does not indicate to me he will retire unless health rules him out. Too many teams should be willing to offer him huge dollars to play. He just needs to pick one that allows him to get whatever he wants. i understand Washington is really trying to get him.

As a draft guy I smack my lips at trading Manning for top 10 pick and a secon and probably a 4th. Colts could maybe even trade down getting RG3 and some more goodies in exchange for #1 pick.
Old 01-18-2012   #14
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No shyte.

If I followed Rob Lowe I sure as heck wouldn't put that out on the internets!
Yeah, it was the weirdest thing when I saw it. I was thinking, "who the hell follows Rob Lowe?"

Matt Thomas:

Quote:
SportsMT Matt Thomas
Rob Lowe is reporting Peyton Manning is going to retire. Meanwhile I've heard Howie Mandel is monitoring potential Dwight Howard trade talk

Old 01-18-2012   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me guess who will break dallas cowboys news

none other than Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds

and for the tn teets

The Mayor of Nashville

Old 01-18-2012   #16
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Watching Peyton chew fingernails all season in agony he was not on field does not indicate to me he will retire unless health rules him out. Too many teams should be willing to offer him huge dollars to play. He just needs to pick one that allows him to get whatever he wants. i understand Washington is really trying to get him.

As a draft guy I smack my lips at trading Manning for top 10 pick and a secon and probably a 4th. Colts could maybe even trade down getting RG3 and some more goodies in exchange for #1 pick.
I wouldn't trade that much for an twice neck operated Peyton. He has maybe 2-3 years left if that. You would mortgage the future for 2-3 years? Favre was traded for a conditional 4th rounder which became a third rounder. At the time Favre was coming off a resurgent season and led the Pack into the NFC Championship game. If Favre at that point was worth only what became a 3rd rounder, how could an injured Peyton be worth a top 10, second, and 4th rounder?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I wouldn't trade that much for an twice neck operated Peyton. He has maybe 2-3 years left if that. You would mortgage the future for 2-3 years? Favre was traded for a conditional 4th rounder which became a third rounder. At the time Favre was coming off a resurgent season and led the Pack into the NFC Championship game. If Favre at that point was worth only what became a 3rd rounder, how could an injured Peyton be worth a top 10, second, and 4th rounder?
Just telling you what the scuttlebutt is about Washington wanting him badly. The picks were mine but Skins have done some rather unusual things. They need to turn that team around and who better than the best QB in NFl pre-injury? He will be 36 in March & could easily play 3 years imo if 100% healthy. I believe Brett was 39 when traded to Vikings.

Not saying Manning would even consider Washington but....
Old 01-19-2012   #18
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just telling you what the scuttlebutt is about Washington wanting him badly. The picks were mine but Skins have done some rather unusual things. They need to turn that team around and who better than the best QB in NFl pre-injury? He will be 36 in March & could easily play 3 years imo if 100% healthy. I believe Brett was 39 when traded to Vikings.

Not saying Manning would even consider Washington but....
The Redskins have a bunch of problems. If a team were to trade for Manning, it would make more sense for a team that is on the cusp of greatness, not a team that has a ton of holes.

Rather than trading for Manning, they should grab elite and very good talent in the draft.

1. Draft OG David DeCastro in the first round.
2. Draft one of the following WRs in the second round: Wright, Jones, Sanu, McNutt, or Streeter.
3. Draft QB Kirk Cousins in the third round.
4.Draft RT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State in the 4th.

These 4 moves will be much better for the team than Peyton Manning. DeCastro starts and helps Shanny with the scheme. Adock becomes the bookend OT opposite Trent Williams. The WR they draft plays opposite Santana Moss and helps the passing game. Cousins has the goods to be a solid to above average starter.

These 4 moves make the team better in the longrun whereas Peyton may make them better for a season or two.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #19
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
The Redskins have a bunch of problems. If a team were to trade for Manning, it would make more sense for a team that is on the cusp of greatness, not a team that has a ton of holes.

Rather than trading for Manning, they should grab elite and very good talent in the draft.

1. Draft OG David DeCastro in the first round.
2. Draft one of the following WRs in the second round: Wright, Jones, Sanu, McNutt, or Streeter.
3. Draft QB Kirk Cousins in the third round.
4.Draft RT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State in the 4th.

These 4 moves will be much better for the team than Peyton Manning. DeCastro starts and helps Shanny with the scheme. Adock becomes the bookend OT opposite Trent Williams. The WR they draft plays opposite Santana Moss and helps the passing game. Cousins has the goods to be a solid to above average starter.

These 4 moves make the team better in the longrun whereas Peyton may make them better for a season or two.
I'm really hoping we land Tommy Streeter in the 3rd, that's where I see him falling. Him plus Floyd of Jeffery would be dreamland.
Old 01-20-2012   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not see it mentioned, but Irsay had a funny reply in his Twitter account:

Quote:
JimIrsay Jim Irsay
My sources tell me Rob will star in an epic remake of "Deep Throat" with aging porn stars and 4 finger circus clowns!
Now the really bizarre twist in all of this is that Lowe is friends with Irsay! Is Lowe doing this for his buddy, who appears to be cleaning house to prep for a rebuild with Luck taking over QB? Is this a way to rile Manning without confronting him directly?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read