Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Contract Status of Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
San Diego and Baltimore also use some ZBS but it's not a designated offensive scheme/philosophy.

I worked hard to figure this out and am confident I am very close on these numbers. Right this minute, I estimate the Texans are nearly $30 million under the salary cap. here's why and how:

Texans have plenty of cap room
Old 03-13-2012   #22
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I worked hard to figure this out and am confident I am very close on these numbers. Right this minute, I estimate the Texans are nearly $30 million under the salary cap. here's why and how:

You're correct and there is an offer on the table for mario,this I know.
Old 03-13-2012   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
After the past 24 hours, here is my response: thank God!
Old 03-13-2012   #24
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
After the past 24 hours, here is my response: thank God!
Its gonna take at least 44m in guarantee money.
Old 03-14-2012   #25
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
how?
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Duane Brown is going to be a FA after next season right? Do you know what his salary will be next year?
Old 03-15-2012   #27
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Duane Brown is going to be a FA after next season right? Do you know what his salary will be next year?
a lot... or, Franchised for roughly $9.5 million.
Old 03-25-2012   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 103323 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans currently have 52 players under contract. Below is a list of those players, the last season they are under contract, and the number of players under contract per position (compiled from Rotoworld). This list should bring an understanding of where the Texans depth issues lie.

QB [2] Schaub (2012) Yates (2014)
RB [3] Foster (2016) Tate (2013) J. Williams (2012)
FB [1] Casey (2012)
WR [7] A. Johnson (2016) Walter (2014) J. Jones (2013) Jean (2013) Maehl (2013) Iglasias (2012) Holliday (2012)
TE [2] Daniels (2014) Graham (2013)
T [4] D. Brown (2012) Butler (2012) Newton (2014) Gardner (2012)
G [4] W. Smith (2013) Caldwell (2012) S. Smith (2013) Austin (2012)
C [2] Myers (2015) Wallace (2012)
NT [2] Cody (2012) Mitchell (2013)
DE [4] A. Smith (2013) Watt (2014) Jamison (2012) R. Harris (2012)
OLB [4] Barwin (2012) Reed (2014) Braman (2013) Nading (2012)
ILB [4] Cushing (2013) Sharpton (2013) Alexander (2013) D. Smith (2012)
CB [6] Joseph (2014) K. Jackson (2014) McCain (2012) B. Harris (2014) McManis (2013) Carmichael (2014)
S
[5] Manning (2014) Quin (2012) Nolan (2012) Keo (2014) T, Williams (2012)
K [0] None
P [1] Hartmann (2013)
LS [1] Weeks (2015)

QB - The Texans need to bring in a couple of arms into camp. Possibly 3, if Schaub can't participate fully. I expect one to be vet.
RB - There will be a need for a 3rd RB, and I expect 2 or 3 signed.
FB - Is Casey staying at FB? If not, expect a couple to be signed. This might be true even if Casey stays.
WR - There are a lot of guys under contract, but I expect the Texans to take another in the 1st 3 rounds. Possibly another late (or UDFA) that has return abilities.
TE - Woefully thin. At least one will be drafted, even if Casey is moved back. They also need a true blocking TE.
T - Both starters have expiring contracts in 2012. This is why I expect one OT to be taken in the initial 3 rounds.
G - They need a couple bodies in camp. I would like to see someone brought in to compete at RG (vet preferably). But, I'm not sure the Texans feel that way.
C - I would expect another C signed as an UDFA. Wade Smith might become Myers backup, in case of injury.
NT - I expect a player brought into camp, but it doesn't seem as if this is a draft priority for the Texans.
DE - I would expect a mid round pick used here for depth purposes.
OLB - They need more bodies in camp, and probably a draft pick in the top half of the draft.
ILB - They might need to find a starter, preferably a vet. If so, still look at the mid rounds for depth.
CB - I would like to see a vet brought in to compete, but that may not be practical. Otherwise, maybe a couple of UDFAs to take reps in camp.
S - Not real happy with the depth situation, but the Texans may only be able to address the position in the late rounds or with UDFAs.
K - They need someone. Maybe one vet and one rookiw to battle in camp.
P - With Hartmann's injury and pending suspension, expect someone signed. Maybe a couple of UDFAs.
LS - Weeks is the guy.

Old 04-24-2012   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

@ Lucky

A few points I might dispute but for the most part I cant disagree - too much going on to go into depth.

Life is kickin me in the balls.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the crapical .....

Quote:
Center Ben Jones (fourth round), receiver Keshawn Martin (fourth), defensive tackle Jared Crick (fourth), kicker Randy Bullock (fifth) and offensive tackle Nick Mondek (sixth) signed four-year contracts.

Jones ($2.581 million total value, $481,448 signing bonus), Martin ($2.512 million, $412,560), Crick ($2.491 million, $391,500), Bullock ($2.278 million, $178,108) and Mondek $2.197 million, $97,432) are in town to participate in the rookie orientation before the organized team activities featuring veterans and rookies begin Monday

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #31
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Can't really go into details but I spoke with Jared crick. Like 4 days after the draft dude is a straight up young man.
Old 05-18-2012   #32
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
Can't really go into details but I spoke with Jared crick. Like 4 days after the draft dude is a straight up young man.
Wtf does that mean?
Old 05-18-2012   #33
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wtf does that mean?
He could tell you but then he'd have to kill you.

Your choice.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read