Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prime-time games next year

Do Thursday night NFL Network games count as 'prime time'?
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #22
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Do Thursday night NFL Network games count as 'prime time'?
Yes, if for no other reason than Deion Sanders is on the halftime and postgame shows.
Old 01-16-2012   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see 2 for sure, and 3 tops.

A Sunday night game, and the Thanksgiving game vs the Lions.

Speaking of prime time, I would like to see the Texans on Hard Knocks.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #24
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I love prime time games because they are actually on TV here and I don't have to watch an online stream of the game.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #25
theNumber80
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 theNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respectedtheNumber80 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Green Bay game is a lock IMO. That could end up being one of the best games of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we had one with the Colts or the Thanksgiving Johnson vs Johnson game.
theNumber80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

2, 3 at the most. Probably both of those being "Thursday" games that you need NFL network to watch.

Somehow, Jacksonville will have more.
Old 01-16-2012   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
It must just be me, but I prefer the noon kick-off on Sundays the best.
Naaa, it's not just you. I prefer noon kick offs myself.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
2, 3 at the most. Probably both of those being "Thursday" games that you need NFL network to watch.

Somehow, Jacksonville will have more.
No way. We'll get at least one or two Sunday/Monday night games.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #29
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember, we were the only team that didn't get a Sunday night game, Costas even apologized during their broadcast. So that's one for sure. Why would the NFL schedule a Lions v Texans game on Thanksgiving when they could have a Lions v Packers game? I think we could get one or two Sunday games and a Monday game, or a Sunday, Monday and Thursday. We are probably good for 3 games, but I'm with the others, I like the nooners on Sunday.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #30
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Remember, we were the only team that didn't get a Sunday night game, Costas even apologized during their broadcast. So that's one for sure. Why would the NFL schedule a Lions v Texans game on Thanksgiving when they could have a Lions v Packers game? I think we could get one or two Sunday games and a Monday game, or a Sunday, Monday and Thursday. We are probably good for 3 games, but I'm with the others, I like the nooners on Sunday.
Because of the way the TV networks operate. There has to be an AFC team play either the NFC Lions or Cowboys each year on Thanksgiving. This year the Lions will play someone from the AFC South on Thanksgiving and it will probably be the Texans.

FOX shows the game when an NFC team is the visitor and CBS shows the game when an AFC team is the visitor.

My wife will be angry that I will be distracted during Thanksgiving dinner. I would really rather not have the Texans play on Thanksgiving.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #31
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
The Lions are going to play on CBS on Thanksgiving next year. The only games they play on CBS next year are against the Texans and Colts. The Cowboys will get the Fox game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #32
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Because of the way the TV networks operate. There has to be an AFC team play either the NFC Lions or Cowboys each year on Thanksgiving. This year the Lions will play someone from the AFC South on Thanksgiving and it will probably be the Texans.

FOX shows the game when an NFC team is the visitor and CBS shows the game when an AFC team is the visitor.

My wife will be angry that I will be distracted during Thanksgiving dinner. I would really rather not have the Texans play on Thanksgiving.
...and there you have it folks. That's a guideline that I was not aware of gwallaia. If it's a team out of the AFC South, how could it be anyother team but the Texans! Might have to reschedule my meal so the post dinner nap doesn't happen during the game!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The tough schedule angle will only help the Texans get more prime-time games next year. I will say the five prime games (that I predicted in the OP) will be against Baltimore, Green Bay, New England, Detroit (Thanksgiving) and another against a divisional opponent (my guess would be Tennessee).
This is very true. In some cases it won't be the Texans so much getting a prime time game as it will be their opponent. We'll get a game or two in there just because we happen to be playing someone who they want in that game. Higher profile opponents help a great deal.
Old 01-16-2012   #34
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Ravens at home in Reliant on national TV. I don't give a **** about anything else.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #35
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I love prime time games because they are actually on TV here and I don't have to watch an online stream of the game.
As a season ticket holder I don't personally like prime time games because they conclude too late. But it works for me because the Monday Night Football tickets are always in strong demand so I just sell them.

But I'd prefer to see fewer night games and more noon games - easier to attend during the afternoon.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #36
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I say 4: Ravens, GB, Detroit on Thanksgiving, and either the Titans or Colts

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears or Patriots game is primetime too.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #37
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I say 1 game on primtime.....if that.....I got low expectations when it comes to being on national tv.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #38
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I say 1 game on primtime.....if that.....I got low expectations when it comes to being on national tv.
That way if we get more than that I would be surprised.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #39
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 545 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I want the Ravens at home in Reliant on national TV. I don't give a **** about anything else.
Yep. I can't wait to get another crack at these guys.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
^^^This^^^

but only if it's a playoff game.
Let's see how they do when they have to play here.

Personally, I hate Thursday night games. Too short a week to prepare and heal. I can barely stand MNF.
I'm obviously in the minority here but playing all our games on Sundays will be just fine with me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read