Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #1
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Prime-time games next year

How many prime-time games do you think we will have next year? I will say five. Two monday night games, two sunday night games and a Thanksgiving game against the Lions. The schedule:

Home: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prime-time games next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
How many prime-time games do you think we will have next year? I will say five. Two monday night games, two sunday night games and a Thanksgiving game against the Lions. The schedule:

Home: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

We play a lot of good teams so I can see any of the games I bolded as a primetime game especially the rematch with the Ravens.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #3
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
We play a lot of good teams so I can see any of the games I bolded as a primetime game especially the rematch with the Ravens.
It would be great to have a Monday night game home at Reliant. Either Baltimore or Green Bay would be ideal choices, or even both of them.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Touch Schedule. We play 5 playoff teams from last season. Getting the division crown makes for a difficult year.

Plus the Bills, Dolphins, Jets, and Titans who are all good. And the Bears who would have been a playoff team (likely) if Cutler and Forte had not both gone down.
Old 01-16-2012   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't there a better than average chance that the Lions game is on Thanksgiving?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm gonna guess we get 3 primetime games. One Sunday night game, one Monday night, and then the Thanksgiving game against Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Touch Schedule. We play 5 playoff teams from last season. Getting the division crown makes for a difficult year.
You never know with the NFL though. I remember last year we looked at our schedule and thought it would be difficult and it turned out to be pretty easy.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Isn't there a better than average chance that the Lions game is on Thanksgiving?
I would say it's an extremely high possibility. The only other option for it is the Colts.
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #8
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say 2.

The reason is because while the Texans had a great year, there is very little fan base outside of Texas. Very few people outside of Texas care about the Texans, so a national Texans game may not deliver great ratings.
The Texans need to be matched up with a team with a national following or who get a bunch of ESPN time, such as Green bay, New England, Jets, or Lions.

My guesses:
1. MNF against Green Bay at home.
2. Thanksgiving Day Turkey day game against Detroit.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I will say 2.

The reason is because while the Texans had a great year, there is very little fan base outside of Texas. Very few people outside of Texas care about the Texans, so a national Texans game may not deliver great ratings.
The Texans need to be matched up with a team with a national following or who get a bunch of ESPN time, such as Green bay, New England, Jets, or Lions.

My guesses:

I think that has changed a bit though. The media all seemed to be really impressed with the Texans throughout the playoff run, and they know we'll be an exciting team to watch once we get our QB back and with Foster and AJ still on a dominant level.
Old 01-16-2012   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will say 2.

My guesses:
We will get a Sunday nighter in there somewhere.

I'm looking at our schedule and after seeing what I saw on the field yesterday and really throughout our entire season I don't see any reason we can't improve on the 10 regular season wins we got this year. Outsiders and haters point to a weak schedule this season but we weren't just beating teams, we were annihilating them. That matters. Yeah there are some tough opponents on that list but guess what? We are just plain better than most of them.
Old 01-16-2012   #11
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, the Jags had like 4 I think and you can't tell me they have any sort of national following either. Not to mention, they werent a play off team.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #12
Javi
Rookie

Quote:

all have potential
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
It's all but certain.
Old 01-16-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't we have them all at noon on Sunday? Oh, that's right, we want to be seen by everyone yet we can't stand it when they say bad things about us.

But, in all seriousness, I really would prefer all noon Sunday games, except for Thanksgiving and Saturday games.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Baltimore and New England will be on Sunday Night. Green Bay on Monday Night and then Detroit on Thanksgiving. We could have a couple of more late afternoon games, which are like mini-national games. Denver or Chicago probably.

Quote:
I would say it's an extremely high possibility. The only other option for it is the Colts.
Rumor has it that the Texans are creating ticket packages for the game Thanksgiving g game. Heard it on ClutchFans.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
We will get a Sunday nighter in there somewhere.

I'm looking at our schedule and after seeing what I saw on the field yesterday and really throughout our entire season I don't see any reason we can't improve on the 10 regular season wins we got this year. Outsiders and haters point to a weak schedule this season but we weren't just beating teams, we were annihilating them. That matters. Yeah there are some tough opponents on that list but guess what? We are just plain better than most of them.
The tough schedule angle will only help the Texans get more prime-time games next year. I will say the five prime games (that I predicted in the OP) will be against Baltimore, Green Bay, New England, Detroit (Thanksgiving) and another against a divisional opponent (my guess would be Tennessee).
Old 01-16-2012   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

It must just be me, but I prefer the noon kick-off on Sundays the best.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
It would be great to have a Monday night game home at Reliant. Either Baltimore or Green Bay would be ideal choices, or even both of them.
Speak for yourself, I hate weekday night games at Reliant. Between trying to get the kids a sitter at a decent time and fighting rush hour traffic, it pretty much eliminates a tailgate for us. I'll take what we can get though.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #19
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Texans will be a Monday night team like KC was last year.

I'll go with this:

GB - Sunday night.
DET - Thanksgiving
DEN - Monday night
IND/TEN - Monday night

Add the Ravens or Pats as a 3 PM, national game.

I could see an early season DEN/HOU game on Mon. night.
Old 01-16-2012   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will say 2.

My guesses:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think that has changed a bit though. The media all seemed to be really impressed with the Texans throughout the playoff run, and they know we'll be an exciting team to watch once we get our QB back and with Foster and AJ still on a dominant level.
I completely agree with Ryan. Heck, we had three prime time games in 2010 (Two Mondays and a Thursday) coming off of a non-playoff 9-7 season. Nationally, we're a far more interesting team going into 2012 than we were going into 2010.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read