Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak Press Conference: New Time

Kubiaks press conference will be at NOON today rather than the normal 3:30.

Texans TV will carry it live.

@HoustonTexans Watch head coach Gary Kubiak's press conference LIVE today at Noon on #TexansTV.
Old 01-16-2012   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Kubiak Press Conference: New Time

So in 45 minutes?
Old 01-16-2012   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
So in 45 minutes?
Yes. You can also hear it on sportsradio610.com
Old 01-16-2012   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Live Video Link
Old 01-16-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dumb question, dumb manner by Barry Warner.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Anything interesting said?
Old 01-16-2012   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

He refused to talk about the Mario situation because he has no control over that.

The reason he kept JJ returning punts is because he made a mistake but he felt JJ had the best chance of giving us a big return, and players make mistakes and go on to make big plays, it just didn't happen this time.

Talked about having a meeting with each player today as lockers go cleaned out.

Said he wouldn't make any comments on what he thinks the team needs to look for personel wise in the offseason because its evaluation time.

Talked about how he talked to Andre and Demeco about becoming the leaders of this team.

Talked about the rookies, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed, and TJ Yates. Said he has talked to TJ alot since the game, lots of positives about all the rookies.

Said the play calls that went deep were his calls, TJ did not check out of the plays.

Other stuff
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
He refused to talk about the Mario situation because he has no control over that.

The reason he kept JJ returning punts is because he made a mistake but he felt JJ had the best chance of giving us a big return, and players make mistakes and go on to make big plays, it just didn't happen this time.

Talked about having a meeting with each player today as lockers go cleaned out.

Said he wouldn't make any comments on what he thinks the team needs to look for personel wise in the offseason because its evaluation time.

Talked about how he talked to Andre and Demeco about becoming the leaders of this team.

Talked about the rookies, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed, and TJ Yates. Said he has talked to TJ alot since the game, lots of positives about all the rookies.

Said the play calls that went deep were his calls, TJ did not check out of the plays. Other stuff
I usuall dog Kubiak for his play calling but for some reason I felt good that he let his young QB be aggressive. I think it helped the offense run the ball better.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Said all teams do "exit interviews" (not his term), and this year's were the most positive he has heard in his career.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I usuall dog Kubiak for his play calling but for some reason I felt good that he let his young QB be aggressive. I think it helped the offense run the ball better.
I think it was a big factor in our ability to run the ball.

However, we get the ball with 2:52 left in the 4th Qtr... we hit three big plays with Andre Johnson... then the pick.

What happened to Foster? We still had 2 time-outs at that point.

He put the game in Tj & Andre's hands... forgot about the Horse that got him there.

I'm really surprised (& impressed) that this board is giving him a pass here.
Old 01-16-2012   #11
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

However, we get the ball with 2:52 left in the 4th Qtr... we hit three big plays with Andre Johnson... then the pick.

He put the game in Tj & Andre's hands... forgot about the Horse that got him there.

I didn't want to say anything on game day, but I kinda felt like they were trying to be a little too cute with all the passes at that juncture in the game. I don't know why Foster, who had been on his game, didn't get a carry after those 2 completed passes. We had the timeouts and we had, IIRC, roughly 2 minutes left on the clock. IMO, if you run it with Foster and it doesn't work, your team will be around the line of scrimmage, and in an ideal position to spike the ball, run another quick play, or call a timeout. If it does work, the clock is running and you can just call a timeout.

Then again, I'm not an NFL Offensive Coordinator or a Head Coach.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I don't fault him. He tried to be aggressive and TJ made some mistakes that I'm sure he'd like to have back. If we would have ran the ball, people would be complaining about why we didn't throw it up and atleast give Andre a chance. There isn't a right answer, we lost.

Here:

Quote:
(on what QB TJ Yates saw on the last interception) “The one where he was trying to throw to Kevin [Walter, WR]? I think we had third-and-long there, eight to 10, something like that, we called two deep and they were carrying Kevin and OD [Owen Daniels, TE]. Kevin’s trying to bend to the post, we’re trying to get him the ball. The thing I told him [TJ Yates] right there, it’s a moot point right now, but I said ‘your team’s still in a great position. Even if we don’t make that first down, there are seven minutes left. We punt them, we bury them in their own end, we’re okay.’ Those are just things a young guy is going to learn. It’s just a tough day to learn it.”

Quote:
(on TJ Yates’ decision to go deep on the last interception) “There were two minutes left, and we actually had a different play called, but if we catch a certain coverage, if they play man free or play us in one safety, then we take a shot outside. They did, so they gave us a chance to make a big play. I want to go try to make it. We had a one-on-one with Andre [Johnson, WR]. We just didn’t hold Ed [Reed, S] in the middle of the field. We let him go get there. The kid’s in the right play with the ball, we just didn’t hold Ed in the middle of the field. Attacking coverage, you never know where the ball is going to go. That coverage told us to try and take a shot, playing one safety.”
I think they had the right calls, TJ just made the wrong reads and Ed Reed is a hell of a player. He made TJ think one thing and he did something different.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...5-84ef2a287220
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

But hey, I also think we could/should have mixed in the run plays too. There was plenty of time on the clock and we had 2 timeouts. Also, I think we should have thrown short to make sure we got the 1st down. Again, coulda-shoulda-woulda.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I just watched the interview at the Texans web site, and Kubiak said all the right things. You'll learn nothing from watching or reading the transcript on the site, but you'll get a tiny bit of insite into Kubiak. As long as Wade comes back next year, I think Kubiak is the man for the job. If Wade is not coming back, I still don't trust Kubiak to bring in the right DC, hopefully Rick Smith handles that if worse come to worse.

This team is headed in the right direction, but we need another year of Wade Phillips coaching up not only the players, but the defensive coaches as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #15
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

This team is headed in the right direction, but we need another year of Wade Phillips coaching up not only the players, but the defensive coaches as well.
Don't forget the offensive coaches and Head Coach. I think Wade's influence goes far and wide on that team.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't wade sign a three year contract?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
Don't forget the offensive coaches and Head Coach. I think Wade's influence goes far and wide on that team.
I would certainly agree with that. Wade is probably as good for Kubiak as he is for the defensive side.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wade is probably as good for Kubiak as he is for .....
Err, that doesn's sound right!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I don't fault him. He tried to be aggressive and TJ made some mistakes that I'm sure he'd like to have back. If we would have ran the ball, people would be complaining about why we didn't throw it up and atleast give Andre a chance. There isn't a right answer, we lost.

I think they had the right calls, TJ just made the wrong reads and Ed Reed is a hell of a player. He made TJ think one thing and he did something different.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...5-84ef2a287220
I've been reading almost all the posts in the Texans forums since game day, my head almost wants to explode. There's a lot of good stuff on this MB, whether I agree or disagree with certain posts. Many of them make me think. I did not single out these two posts for any particular reason; just that they are among examples of a good, healthy MB.

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I just watched the interview at the Texans web site, and Kubiak said all the right things. You'll learn nothing from watching or reading the transcript on the site, but you'll get a tiny bit of insite into Kubiak. As long as Wade comes back next year, I think Kubiak is the man for the job. If Wade is not coming back, I still don't trust Kubiak to bring in the right DC, hopefully Rick Smith handles that if worse come to worse.

With the talent that was showcased this year, I bet we wouldn't have a problem attracting a qualified candidate.

Hey, Baltimore's DC, where did he come from?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read