Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Reaction from those who were at the game

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
I would like everyone who was at the game to please post their thoughts on the experience.

1. The view from where I was (545 row 1) was excellent. I had heard that there was not a single bad seat in the house and that may very well be true.

2. The fans weren't as bad as some people said they would be. The fans in my particular area were pretty awesome, all things considered. There was plenty of prodding but nothing unreasonable. If I were a Steelers fan I know my experience would have been MUCH different.

3. The stadium was NOT LOUD. I was surprised at how tame it was in there. The crowd only really got revved up on 3rd or 4th down. The last game I went to at Reliant was the Saints game a few years back and that was much more intense.

It was a good experience. Obviously I wish we had won but oh well. I didn't break the bank so it's all good.

/Restart thread with another noobie-bandwagon-fan-who's-ticked-their-2012-choice-for-the-playoffs-didn't-win-it-all-this-year neg. repped. Of course I'll get one in return as soon as they figure out how. Whatever. I'm tired of the combined rudeness and stupidity, especially toward thread starters in the first responses.

Dierdorf was raving about how this is one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL; comparable to Aarowhead and Seattle he said.

My experience was great. I was in sect 121. Fans were respectful towards my sister and I except one fan threw the middle finger at us which was uncalled for. Good way to spend my weekend off and it was a good game. Now I need to head back down to Norfolk for work.

Sent via my phone

Hey, I read somewhere (maybe in the game day thread) that there was a lot of Texans fans at the game, but somehow it didn't quite look that wat on TV.

I hope you guys can recount more of your experience, I really do.

:fans:

I saw a ton of Texans fans at the game on TV, or at least I thought so. There were a lot in row 1 and some even had flags hanging over the railing near the end zone.

Joe Texan had a huge closeup on national TV and his hat and everything was featured

Would be nice to hear from someone who was there. Some radio station in Baltimore tweeted that they had never seen more away team's fans at a stadium ever. At the same time, while reading some Ravens' message boards, they estimated the # at 1000 at most. So, who knows...

My seat was 1000 times better than I thought it would be (Sec 548 row 26). I'm also glad I was on the sunny side of the stadium. I was so warm I had to take off my jacket and hat. I was told that the other side was 15 to 20 degrees colder due to the shade.

The fans were great overall. I was heckled, but I expected that due to being the enemy for the game. But the heckling came from a very small percentage of the fans the rest were really great. They were also very impressed with how many Texans fans traveled to the game.

I'm kinda biased about the volume in the stadium because the guys around me hollared every time the Ravens were on defense so all I heard was them.

I will confirm that there were a lot of Texans jerseys in the stadium. I'm not sure how it looked on T.V. but there were about 30 of us just in our section and I know there were around 400 at the bar Saturday night.

Great time overall and I enjoyed meeting people from the board!!

My seat was 1000 times better than I thought it would be (Sec 548 row 26). I'm also glad I was on the sunny side of the stadium. I was so warm I had to take off my jacket and hat. I was told that the other side was 15 to 20 degrees colder due to the shade.

The fans were great overall. I was heckled, but I expected that due to being the enemy for the game. But the heckling came from a very small percentage of the fans the rest were really great. They were also very impressed with how many Texans fans traveled to the game.

I'm kinda biased about the volume in the stadium because the guys around me hollared every time the Ravens were on defense so all I heard was them.

I will confirm that there were a lot of Texans jerseys in the stadium. I'm not sure how it looked on T.V. but there were about 30 of us just in our section and I know there were around 400 at the bar Saturday night.

Great time overall and I enjoyed meeting people from the board!!
What I read is like 16-17% in attendance were Texans fans, and I said to myself WOW if that is true.

And oh yeah, I was scanning all the local channels since Saturday to catch all the news. I just wanted to feel as close to the "action" as possible. It's kinda crazy, but that's how I roll.

The local stations try to do a good job, but maybe they are still "new" at this - and perhaps they don't have enough resources (?)

I wish they would focus their effort to spend more time with the fans/team.
I sincerely wish that they will do that next year.
Come on, Houston sport media, don't get caught behind when your team is on the upswing.
You guys/gals want the Texans to take the next step, here's an open challenge for you to help make the team and the city even more relevant!
Let's go!
:bravo:

Would be nice to hear from someone who was there. Some radio station in Baltimore tweeted that they had never seen more away team's fans at a stadium ever. At the same time, while reading some Ravens' message boards, they estimated the # at 1000 at most. So, who knows...

Wow. That's hard to believe considering how the Steeler horde follows their team.

Seeing all those Texas TEXANS flags and posters hanging over THEIR sideline barriers brought so much pride to me!

Man, Im so glad I am a TEXAN!!

Seeing all those Texas TEXANS flags and posters hanging over THEIR sideline barriers brought so much pride to me!

Man, Im so glad I am a TEXAN!!

I was on the Northwest side of the stadium and I was flying mine. Directly across from me were two Texans flags flying side by side. Was that anyone on here???

We were in section 147 and it was AWESOME! The Raven fans were fun, not rude at all. One couple told me when the game was over that they wished TJ Yates was theirs. They HATE Joe Flacco! lol Nothing but compliments about our team, no smack talk at all. They seemed to realize we are a young growing team with a great future. I was very impressed with Raven fans. I truly believe we came home with a reputation of being a classy franchise!

Anyone who thinks that stadium was LOUD, is completely nuts! I've seen some of our worst games at Reliant louder than they were at their loudest. I was disappointed at the lack of excitement for a playoff game. Maybe their fans are just more accustomed to this than we are, but, the atmosphere was similar to a reg season game.

I don't know the precentage of Texans fans there, but, they were scattered all over the stadium. Remember also, it was cold, and some didn't have red jackets or hats. We repped our TEXANS very well, have no fear about that.

The party at Lucky's Sat night was AWESOME! Someone said the manager made the comment that he had NEVER seen the place like that, even when the Raven's won the SB. They were blown away at the number of fans there, PLUS,, the excitement of the fans was electric. Someone, don't know who for sure, only rumors, flew in a DJ from Houston, so the music was FANTASTIC!! People singing, dancing, cheering, giving each other high fives, hugs, and toast, was simply a precious memory for me. PLUS, I got to celebrate a NINER win! lol

Other than the loss it was a great weekend! I wanted to climb over the rail and beat the crap out of J. Jones, but, Justin wouldn't let me! :pissed:

Guess I'll put this in here, just for fun! I HATE crabcakes!!:)

Although I didn't make this game I did go to the one in October and I came home with the feeling of most on this thread. The fans around me were great and yes they really hate old Flacco. I watched the game here with my buddy that is from Baltimore and as soon as the game was over his friends started calling him and wanted to talk to me. They too were praising our team and were very impressed. The words "you guys should have won" came out of their mouths a few times. :) Overall I think Ravens fans are good people.

Let's hope next year that the playoffs will come through Houston and we can show the nation what a loud stadium really sounds like.

I was in 141/ row 1 and my section was a little hit and miss. Some folks were REALLY drunk and making a few comments, but overall the crowd was really nice. The man next to me made sure I had several hand warmers and the ladies behind me bought me a beer :-).

I went to the game there in Oct and this one and the amount of Texans fans present was greatly increased. I have never seen so many of us at an away game.... and I go to a lot of them. We took over Luckies on Saturday night!! They also gave out too much alcohol which caused for my slight hangover. lol. The airports were flooded with us. The best part was on Sunday morning at Mothers when the DJ played Clay Walker. Everyone that was outside sang loudly together. :-) The unity was amazing.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how it went for everyone there.

Start saving your $$ for Thanksgiving in the Motor City.

I was in 141/ row 1 and my section was a little hit and miss. Some folks were REALLY drunk and making a few comments, but overall the crowd was really nice. The man next to me made sure I had several hand warmers and the ladies behind me bought me a beer :-).

I went to the game there in Oct and this one and the amount of Texans fans present was greatly increased. I have never seen so many of us at an away game.... and I go to a lot of them. We took over Luckies on Saturday night!! They also gave out too much alcohol which caused for my slight hangover. lol. The airports were flooded with us. The best part was on Sunday morning at Mothers when the DJ played Clay Walker. Everyone that was outside sang loudly together. :-) The unity was amazing.

DrKay Sorry I missed you at both places..don't know how that happened. I was at both! The DJ playing by the Tailgate in the "O" lot also played Clay for us. It was great!!

I forgot to add-after the game, while standing with other fans near the Unitas statue, we ran into one of the waitresses from Saturday night and she said that they were not expecting that many Texans fans, they were not really ready for the numbers, and that we were all great! She said we were all easy to deal with and she got really, really good tips that night (it may have something to do with the amount of alcohol consumed).

Way to represent, I think Texans fans will always be welcomed in Baltimore!!

I was told that we set an NFL record with 11000 away game fans. not sure if this is true but would not doubt it one bit. I have to say we have a mission statement in the Pro Football Ultimate Fan Association and These Baltimore Raven Fans went out of thier way to become the model for this statement, "to promote the fellowship of all fans, encourage sportsmanship, and encourage charitable activities. This game was how an NFL fan should feel as he attends a football game. I will be foreever grateful to the Baltimore Ravens fore making My first Playoff Away game something that I can fondly remember for the rest of my life. That being said this game was miserablely cold and we were given warmers to keep us warm. Someone yelled Go Home Texan to me and someone else turned around and said, You go home and leave Joe Texan alone. I am extremely impressed and the NFL needs to market the Ravens ability to host this game especially in Cleveland, Philly, New York, and any other stadium with a problem. Texan Fans take note this is how we want people talking about us. Over All it was a fantastic weekend that I wish we had more time to see the city.

Thanks for all your stories! I didn't get to go but it makes me proud that Baltimore knows that not only is our football team a team to be reckoned with, but that our team AND our fans are a class act! I'm so proud of all of you and I can't wait for next season! What a magical fairytale year we all had! I LOVE this team!

Just a fun note! As I've mentioned MANY times, I HATE flying!! Well, the first leg of the flight up there was really awesome! The plane was packed with Texan fans, noone seemed to be a stranger. We were like one big huge family going to a reunion or something. Anyway, as we were desending into Charlotte, SC, the pilot played Clay Walkers FOOTBALL TIME IN HOUSTON over the intercom. We all started singing and clapping, everyone celebrating our teams first away playoff game. It was an AWESOME moment! Just great fun being with so many other fans BELIEVING in this team that has given us such a fun year!! BEST of all, it took my mind off the landing!:)

While standing in a LONG line for the bathroom I was chatting with some Raven fans who couldn't get over how much fun we were all having. They admitted that we won them over, that their next favorite team in the NFL was NOW the Houston Texans. Of course, as long as we hate the Steelers as much as they do we will be their friends forEVER!

Just a fun note! As I've mentioned MANY times, I HATE flying!! Well, the first leg of the flight up there was really awesome! The plane was packed with Texan fans, noone seemed to be a stranger. We were like one big huge family going to a reunion or something. Anyway, as we were desending into Charlotte, SC, the pilot played Clay Walkers FOOTBALL TIME IN HOUSTON over the intercom. We all started singing and clapping, everyone celebrating our teams first away playoff game. It was an AWESOME moment! Just great fun being with so many other fans BELIEVING in this team that has given us such a fun year!! BEST of all, it took my mind off the landing!:)

While standing in a LONG line for the bathroom I was chatting with some Raven fans who couldn't get over how much fun we were all having. They admitted that we won them over, that their next favorite team in the NFL was NOW the Houston Texans. Of course, as long as we hate the Steelers as much as they do we will be their friends forEVER!

So awesome, Sandy! I've enjoyed reading y'alls posts :)

My thoughts then a few pics.

1. Ditto on the noise. I could carry on a conversation at normal volumes when their crowd was doing their best on 3rd and long situations.

2. 99.9% of the fans I encountered were great. We were on our way to Mothers to pre-game there but were invited to a tailgate by a really nice couple that was also walking toward the stadium. We were welcome there and had a great time, the only thing asked of us was that we spit on the Roethlisberger jersey they had on the pavement. I was only happy to oblige :D
The .1% was a delta bravo just a few rows in front of us that attempted to make us feel as unwelcome as possible. Eff him.

3. It was cold. DAMN cold in the upper deck on the shady side. I was fairly well layered up and I lost feeling in pretty much my entire body shortly after half time. lol

4. Baltimore itself was but nowhere I'd like to live. It seems most people at the game were from the 'burbs and they all hate Joe Flacco.

That pretty well sums it up for me. It was a neat trip and I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to go but I can't see doing it again anytime soon. I suppose that could change though. :)

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

I really enjoyed my interactions with Ravens fans around me in Section 153, throughout the city, and on the message boards. I didn't know what to expect when I came to town. I had the displeasure of spending my college years in Philadelphia and didn't know if the *******-jackassery of those bastards extended south towards Baltimore.

They were nothing like those jerks in Philly. I always thought M&T Bank Stadium looked cool on TV and it was impressive in person too. Ravens fans are incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and damn good football fans. You can tell the stadium was filled with real fans and not preening *********s you see in other cities.

I think there is a lot of kinship and similarities between the fanbases since we both had our original teams stolen from us and we don't get the respect we deserve from the national media.

Finally, I stopped by Chaps Pit Beef after the game on my way to National to head home. Damn tasty sandwich

Other than the outcome of the game, it was a fantastic weekend. I think one of my favorite parts was chatting with other Texans fans on the flights and in the airport. We kept running into people we had met on planes at other venues. Luckies on Sat night was awesome.

Thanks to Travis for picking Sandy and I up at the airport and giving us a ride to where we were staying. And it was nice meeting Craig on the flights home and getting a chance to chat.

I had one Ravens fan who was overly obnoxious, but on the whole the fans were very welcoming.

Overall, great times, great fans and the crabcakes are great also, I don't care what Sandy says.

Last edited:
Awesome, guys and gals.
I absolutely love reading all the posts.
I'm glad that Texans fans were able to represent so well.

I can see that it would be hard to tell when watching TV if our fans were wearing steel blue, white or any other color as some of those pictures show.
Thanks for the pics, Craig.

:bravo:

It feels really good to see some of the BC in attendance.
Glad that y'all have a memorable trip.
When I have some time, I will post JoeTexan's picture.
(I also saw Kay at the earlier game, I just need to pull up that game.)
Gma, I'm so happy you were able to go to the game.
:doot:

My comments in Battle Red.
I would like everyone who was at the game to please post their thoughts on the experience.

1. The view from where I was (545 row 1) was excellent. I had heard that there was not a single bad seat in the house and that may very well be true.

We were Sec 244 Row 9, which happen to be right above a door so there was no one in front of us. The view was good.

2. The fans weren't as bad as some people said they would be. The fans in my particular area were pretty awesome, all things considered. There was plenty of prodding but nothing unreasonable. If I were a Steelers fan I know my experience would have been MUCH different.

All the fans around us were nice.

3. The stadium was NOT LOUD. I was surprised at how tame it was in there. The crowd only really got revved up on 3rd or 4th down. The last game I went to at Reliant was the Saints game a few years back and that was much more intense.

The stadium is not loud.

It was a good experience. Obviously I wish we had won but oh well. I didn't break the bank so it's all good.

... I was very impressed with Raven fans. I truly believe we came home with a reputation of being a classy franchise!

The fans we ran in to at the bar in the Stadium near our seats started off with "Welcome to Baltimore, have a seat at the bar." There was only one stool there, another came half way down the bar and said they had an extra stool if we needed it. Everyone around us was great.

Anyone who thinks that stadium was LOUD, is completely nuts! I've seen some of our worst games at Reliant louder than they were at their loudest...

I agree.

I don't know the precentage of Texans fans there, but, they were scattered all over the stadium. Remember also, it was cold, and some didn't have red jackets or hats. We repped our TEXANS very well, have no fear about that.

I had to get in the attic and go through our ski apparel to find our red cold weather gear.

The party at Lucky's Sat night was AWESOME! Someone said the manager made the comment that he had NEVER seen the place like that, even when the Raven's won the SB. They were blown away at the number of fans there, PLUS,, the excitement of the fans was electric. Someone, don't know who for sure, only rumors, flew in a DJ from Houston, so the music was FANTASTIC!! People singing, dancing, cheering, giving each other high fives, hugs, and toast, was simply a precious memory for me. PLUS, I got to celebrate a NINER win! lol ...

Luckie's was awesome, 99% of the people in the bar had on Texan's gear.

...We took over Luckies on Saturday night!! They also gave out too much alcohol which caused for my slight hangover...(might have been part of their plan.):)

I was told that we set an NFL record with 11000 away game fans.

WOW!

not sure if this is true but would not doubt it one bit. I have to say we have a mission statement in the Pro Football Ultimate Fan Association and These Baltimore Raven Fans went out of thier way to become the model for this statement, "to promote the fellowship of all fans, encourage sportsmanship, and encourage charitable activities. This game was how an NFL fan should feel as he attends a football game. I will be foreever grateful to the Baltimore Ravens fore making My first Playoff Away game something that I can fondly remember for the rest of my life.

Well said and I agree.

That being said this game was miserablely cold and we were given warmers to keep us warm. Someone yelled Go Home Texan to me and someone else turned around and said, You go home and leave Joe Texan alone. I am extremely impressed and the NFL needs to market the Ravens ability to host this game especially in Cleveland, Philly, New York, and any other stadium with a problem.

We didn't have any problems in New York last year.

Texan Fans take note this is how we want people talking about us. Over All it was a fantastic weekend that I wish we had more time to see the city.

My thoughts then a few pics.

1. Ditto on the noise. I could carry on a conversation at normal volumes when their crowd was doing their best on 3rd and long situations.

2. 99.9% of the fans I encountered were great. We were on our way to Mothers to pre-game there but were invited to a tailgate by a really nice couple that was also walking toward the stadium. We were welcome there and had a great time, the only thing asked of us was that we spit on the Roethlisberger jersey they had on the pavement. I was only happy to oblige :D
The .1% was a delta bravo just a few rows in front of us that attempted to make us feel as unwelcome as possible. Eff him.

3. It was cold. DAMN cold in the upper deck on the shady side. I was fairly well layered up and I lost feeling in pretty much my entire body shortly after half time. lol

4. Baltimore itself was but nowhere I'd like to live. It seems most people at the game were from the 'burbs and they all hate Joe Flacco.

That pretty well sums it up for me. It was a neat trip and I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to go but I can't see doing it again anytime soon. I suppose that could change though. :)

We enjoyed the city and game day experience, I would recommend Baltimore as an away game to anyone.

I would like to thank everyone that helped coordinate on the trip.

I got an email from Libby the Events Manager at Luckies yesterday. She was amazed at the turn out we had on Saturday and that it was one of the largest turn outs that they have ever had there.:bravo:

We had more people on Saturday than the Ravens had for their "Purple Pep Rally on Friday Night"

Mike

Glad to hear you had a good time buddy.

Back