Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Decisions Facing our Offense This Offseason

Its been a while since I've just broken down a problem for our team. Just been kind of busy, but I've been bothered by this for some time and today it occurred to me even more.

First, we have the problem of what to do with Yates. Not should he start but the question is this... in 4 or 5 years do you think he is your starting QB? Here's why I ask that. And yes, I know this is a win now league... I'm well aware of that... but if the answer is yes (again, not saying it is) then what do you do with Yates? Here is why I ask that question.

I don't know that Yates will benefit from being a backup for 2 years. One of the reasons you hold a QB out his first year or two is so he can catch up to the speed of the game. Yates just saw it first hand from probably about as fast as it is going to get. I'm not saying he will eclipse Schaub (who I am a big fan of btw) at the beginning of the season (or ever for that matter) but he will benefit from a full off season going into next year. With the exposure you've gotten Yates in the last several weeks I think you can win an awful lot of games in the regular season with that kid. Yes he made a few bad throws (I honestly think his almost INTs were worse than his INTS. At least one of his INTs were excusable if you ask me and the other one was more a result of bad playcalling. (80TTZ save me the lecture, we just disagree). I think a lot of Yates problems are solved by having a viable 2nd receiver because with Daniels out there with a broken hand I we had two people with a prayer of getting open, AJ and Foster. Walter sits in a zone well but he is rounding off his routes (look at the 2nd INT, watch it closely then go watch some of his other routes...).

But what do you gain by letting Yates backup at this point? I'm not saying that I start Yates... I'm just not sure what to do with him. He could be the next Dave Ragone... or he could be a lot better than that. His ceiling is higher than Schaub's if you ask me. (And by the way, I was calling for us to trade for Schaub the offseason before we got him... so this isn't an anti-schaub rant. ) But he is an unknown commodity.

So now that you are considering what do do with Yates? Lets talk about receiving options for a minute.

Can you imagine Schaub with another talented receiver? If you look at the top QBs that seems to be a constant. I'm not saying that Schaub is a top 3 - 5 QB but look at the weapons the elites (not named Peyton) have. I know, we have a great passing game.... but lets play another game. I want you to rack and stack receivers. After AJ, go through the list of receivers on these teams and tell me where our receivers wind up on this list of team's receivers.

GB
NO
NE
BALT
NYG
Cincy

I bet you that after AJ and OD we don't have a receiver that falls within the top 20 on that list.

Look at the top 3 QBs in the league. AR, DB and TB. All of them have, at any one time 3-5 players on the field that can beat the crap out of you. We know that we need a WR but can you imagine this team with a 2nd and 3rd WR? I guess I'm ok with Walter as a WR3... It just makes you wonder what Schaub could do with a legit WR2.

Obviously we have to keep the crucial pieces we have together... but we also have to bring in pieces. Is Casey ready to be a bigger part of the offense? Should we move him out of the FB position and turn him into OD part deaux? Do you let Dressen go?

We have an awful lot of issues to deal with in the offseason. Where are your priorities?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Decisions Facing our Offense This Offseason

You keep Yates as a backup to Schaub..... Release Leinart, and either keep Delhomme or draft a QB in the middle to late rounds that we feel we can develop.

Release Jacoby, and draft a receiver in the first 2 rounds. Hope that Lestar Jean and Meahl step up. Keep Walter as long as he re-structures his contract.

Re-sign Myers and Brisiel to short term deals and draft an interior Lineman in the middle rounds. I think that pretty much sums it up for me.

Edit: I forgot to also say that you bring in Reggie Wayne if he truly is serious about wanting to play with #80. If we sign him, the Walter hits the road too. Nothing against him, but Wayne is just that much better. I would still draft a WR, and I think this offense would catapult to another level.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. I don't think it's going to hurt Yates at all to sit and watch for a couple years. He probably needs it, even if he has seen it all once around. He obviously hasn't learned it all, not that I would have expected him to. I'm not completely sold that he is our future starter either, but it's possible. He's convinced me of that much, but let's not forget that our O-line and Foster made things a lot easier for him. He didn't have to throw much, and when he did, he had really good protection. No sacks in Baltimore in the playoffs? Are you kidding me?

2. If we decided to move Casey to TE, I'd have to actually see him consistently outplay Dreesen first. I don't think Dreesen is a guy you just let go of without stopping to think hard about it. I'm not so sure we don't just need to take advantage of Casey's catching abilities more often (for the fullback spot) anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #4
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

Most elite Qb's make everyone around them better so that is why it seems like they have so many weapons. I think the texans should move Casey back to Tightend where he is most comfortable. I know some people might disagree with me but i think that James casey was better utilized at tight end than full back and i wasn't impressed with his play at fullback this year. Casey gives more big play capability than Dressen and would be a good #2 tightened.

We definitely need to upgrade the wr position and get some depth at guard. with another couple of weapons on offense, we'd be unstoppable with Foster in the backfield, Casey and Daniels at tightened, and Dre. They need to get a deep threat wr, whether it be in free agency (Simpson or maybe Desean Jackson) or in the draft (kendall wright) but we have no speed or home run threat at the wr position. As good as Dre is, having someone opposite of him that is a threat will make him so much better by decreasing the amount of times he gets double teamed. Having another weapon on offense will also decrease the amount of wtf moments the texans have where the qb throws it to Johnson when he is clearly covered but they try anyway because none of our other wrs got open on the play.

The position i am most concerned about is QB. I have never really been a Schaub fan because I'm a fan of qb's that can run and dodge defenders and Schaub is by far one of the worst at that. I also don't like his ability to throw interceptions/fumble with the game on the like and his noodle arm. TJ Yates showed some positives but it would be best if he sits a couple years behind Schaub like a rookie should do. I know it probably wouldn't happen but i wouldn't complain if the Texans drafted a QB in the 2-3 round for the future. You just don't know how well Schaub will recover from that injury and how much of a significance that injury would have on his gameplay. I like some of the stuff i saw from Yates but I'm still not sure if he is our QB of the future.

Oh yeah if forgot to mention, release Jacoby Jones for going full retard in the most important game in texans history.

Last edited by texanchris; 01-16-2012 at 05:47 AM.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Sign Robert Meachem!.. He will be a rather affordable free agent WR with playmaking ability, elite speed, and he is also a good blocker.

2. Add depth in the draft at OL

3. Re-sign Dreessen (if affordable)

That's it. We don't need much... We don't have room for much... Next year's depth chart should look like this, IMO:

OL- Brown, Winston, WSmith, Myers, Brisiel, Butler, SSmith, Caldwell, Newton
TE- OD, Dreessen, Casey, Graham
WR- AJ, KW, R.Meachem, JJ, BJohnson
RB- Foster, Tate, D.Ward, Vickers
QB- Schaub, Leinart, Yates
Old 01-16-2012   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm just going to focus on WR, I've made my thoughts known on the OLine, RB, and QB in other threads.

The first type of WR I would like to target a 2nd tier WR in Free Agency, with great top speed and acceleration to immediately replace JJ and challenge KW for the #2 spot. Lets face it, JJ no longer challenges KW for the #2 spot. The 2nd type is someone who will come in and compete for #3 spot, or as Gary Kubes likes to call them 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B, and as they get experiance in the system, make a solid bid for the #2 spot (or y'know, 2A), then eventually become our star receiver when AJ retires and makes his HOF bid.

I think the likes of Vincent Jackson, Robert Meachem will cost too much for what we need, and a guy like Reggie Wayne, doesn't have the speed I want for that role anymore, and is too old for what I want with the 2nd WR, more on that later.

My targets for the first WR are Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson, and Harry Douglas. Speedy guys that can take an a quick pass the distance, make people miss, and stretch the field and back up safties.

For the 2nd Target obviously I would want someone in the draft, since the purpose is for someone to eventually "grow" into the the #1 Receiver role. This Draft is loaded with WRs in rounds 1-2 that can fill this purpose. Even some in Round 3, but probably won't last to our late Round 3 pick imo. My absolute favorite pick is Dwight Jones from North Carolina, one of the WRs that played a big part in making TJ Yates look like a draft-able QB, But other reasonable options are Mohamed Sanu, I don't really like him too much no idea why though. From 2nd Round on Marvin McNutt, Tommy Streeter (needs Route Running lessons), Nick Toon, Jordan White (would be a good pick). If we tried to go even later we can get Jarret Boykin at a discount, as well as Jermaine Kearse.

My sleeper draft pick for WR is Derek Moye. 6-5, but rather thin, he needs to put on Muscle and Size, but only if it doesn't take away his speed.

Another option is Kendall Wright in the first, He doesn't have the size to be an elite receiver in the league, but has potential to pull off a Steve Smith (Car) or Mike Wallace type career. He can be used to as the first type of receiver I listed, and could stall the need for the 2nd until AJ retires. Also if we take him we could double dip at WR and take someone like Jordan White with a later pick. Its unlikely he falls to use at 26 though, I'd say a 20% chance
Old 01-16-2012   #7
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our first draft pick should be a WR. It wouldn't hurt to pick up another, proven one through free agency.

Yates shows promise, and putting him in at backup would be a good idea. When Schaub is ready to call it a career, we'll have someone ready to pick up where he left off.

What to do with Leinart, though? He didn't have much of a chance to prove himself, but maybe we can trade him to a team that's looking to rebuild.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I forgot to mention Return man Eric Weems also might be available this offseason
Old 01-16-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, we don't know WHEN we get Schaub back. We may not get Schaub back until the second half of next season and even then, he may not be the same guy he was because he might not get full flexibility back in his plant foot.

So TJ is probably our #1 QB going into next season. He should benefit greatly from having a full offseason and if he plays well, we're going to have decisions to make with Schaub.

There were 2 things that killed me this year. The first was that our WR corps, which most of us thought was stocked at the beginning of the season, sucks. We need to get a good free agent WR and we need to draft at least one other WR. Probably 2. But remember that this is a complicated system for the WRs and Kubiak doesn't trust rookie WRs.

The other thing that killed me was our guards. Wade Smith did not play as well this year as he did last year and when Mike Brisiel went down and Caldwell came in, our offensive line became suspect. Yes, I know that Caldwell was in on Arian's long TD score against the Bengals but the line works better overall with Brisiel. We need to get some interior offensive linemen. Maybe we're OK with Shelley Smith and the other guys that were IRd this year but I'm concerned about that position now.

So I see us getting a free agent WR, drafting a WR and interior OL high, and then going BPA in the draft.

If Wade doesn't bolt to take an HC job, I expect us to be a power for years to come. If Wade does bolt, then I'm worried about our defense. We've got all the talent we need to be a dominant defense (obviously) but we need the right coach to bring it all together.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #10
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1291 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
1. Sign Robert Meachem!.. He will be a rather affordable free agent WR with playmaking ability, elite speed, and he is also a good blocker.

2. Add depth in the draft at OL

3. Re-sign Dreessen (if affordable)

That's it. We don't need much... We don't have room for much... Next year's depth chart should look like this, IMO:

OL- Brown, Winston, WSmith, Myers, Brisiel, Butler, SSmith, Caldwell, Newton
TE- OD, Dreessen, Casey, Graham
WR- AJ, KW, R.Meachem, JJ, BJohnson
RB- Foster, Tate, D.Ward, Vickers
QB- Schaub, Leinart, Yates
I like this idea! But still draft a WR -1st or 2nd rd to groom!
Old 01-16-2012   #11
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1291 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
First off, we don't know WHEN we get Schaub back. We may not get Schaub back until the second half of next season and even then, he may not be the same guy he was because he might not get full flexibility back in his plant foot.

So TJ is probably our #1 QB going into next season. He should benefit greatly from having a full offseason and if he plays well, we're going to have decisions to make with Schaub.

There were 2 things that killed me this year. The first was that our WR corps, which most of us thought was stocked at the beginning of the season, sucks. We need to get a good free agent WR and we need to draft at least one other WR. Probably 2. But remember that this is a complicated system for the WRs and Kubiak doesn't trust rookie WRs.

The other thing that killed me was our guards. Wade Smith did not play as well this year as he did last year and when Mike Brisiel went down and Caldwell came in, our offensive line became suspect. Yes, I know that Caldwell was in on Arian's long TD score against the Bengals but the line works better overall with Brisiel. We need to get some interior offensive linemen. Maybe we're OK with Shelley Smith and the other guys that were IRd this year but I'm concerned about that position now.

So I see us getting a free agent WR, drafting a WR and interior OL high, and then going BPA in the draft.

If Wade doesn't bolt to take an HC job, I expect us to be a power for years to come. If Wade does bolt, then I'm worried about our defense. We've got all the talent we need to be a dominant defense (obviously) but we need the right coach to bring it all together.
I hope Uncle Bob will loosen & open the purse string for Wade Philipps! I think this PRIORITY # UNO! The 2nd thing is to get a GOOD & FAST FA WR!
Old 01-16-2012   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub won't be back for the beginning of next season, than we need to find a new QB immediately and that has to become a draft need big time. I'd like to find an elite level type QB to replace Schaub eventually. Not this TJ Yates kid who has an average level ceiling.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If Schaub won't be back for the beginning of next season, than we need to find a new QB immediately and that has to become a draft need big time. I'd like to find an elite level type QB to replace Schaub eventually. Not this TJ Yates kid who has an average level ceiling.
Schaub says he'll be ready for OTA's..... Great sign!

Quote:
Texans Quarterback Matt Schaub Says He'll Be Ready For OTAs, Training Camp

Jan 14 8:59p by Steven Godfrey

Read More: Matt Leinart (QB - HOU), Jake Delhomme (QB - HOU), Matt Schaub (QB - HOU), Jeff Garcia (QB - HOU), T.J. Yates (QB - HOU), Houston Texans

The Houston Texans will start rookie T.J. Yates Sunday afternoon against Baltimore, but their incumbent veteran quarterback told the Texans' official site Saturday evening that he will be ready for the team's OTAs and training camp as he rehabs from a foot injury that ended his 2011 campaign:

Nick Scurfield @NickScurfield

Schaub: Ive never been more excited for OTAs and training camp ever in my life. Ill be counting the days. #Texans
14 Jan 12

Retweet
Favorite

Matt Schaub went down in November after a blowout win against the Buccaneers with a Lisfranc injury - and we're glad you asked, because here's everything you'd ever need to know about such an ailment - and will return to a crowded quarterback situation in Houston next season. Backup Matt Leinart was also lost for the season with a shoulder injury, and both will return alongside the rookie Yates and two free agent signees, veterans Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia.

It's highly likely Delhomme and Garcia will be cut following the season, but there's a strong chance a quarterback competition could develop between the returning Schaub and the rookie Yates.
Old 01-16-2012   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nick Scurfield @NickScurfield

It's highly likely Delhomme and Garcia will be cut following the season, but there's a strong chance a quarterback competition could develop between the returning Schaub and the rookie Yates.
No, there isn't.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but there's a strong chance a quarterback competition could develop between the returning Schaub and the rookie Yates.

There is no QB controversy on this team - Schaub is clearly the better QB at this point in time despite Yates performance over the final 7 weeks.

Yates will sit behind Schaub.

The one thing we do know is that should Schaub get hurt again we have a capable backup with playoff experience. Getting Yates a full training camp and offseason will also be a plus.
The guy did a commendable job all things considered - shortened training camp and being a rookie 5th round pick who didnt expect to play at all this season. But his development is nowhere near that of Schaub.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Edit: I forgot to also say that you bring in Reggie Wayne if he truly is serious about wanting to play with #80. If we sign him, the Walter hits the road too. Nothing against him, but Wayne is just that much better. I would still draft a WR, and I think this offense would catapult to another level.
Where did you hear that?

I'm not doubting you; especially with the rumors that Peyton may be trade bait. It's just that's the first I've heard of him wanting to come here. If we can sign him for a reasonable amount, then I'm all for it.
Old 01-16-2012   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if it was me

-make yates the backup hes out QB of the future IMO

-Get a WR in the first round of draft or if hes out there get a stud WR F/A there will be a few good ones this year

. Find out if Jean our mahel are worthy if not we might need to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round

- Find out if owen is still the guy ... Maybe we should get a basketball player monster TE like the pats and New orleans saints have

- Get a better FB plzzzz

- find a Better RT could also help i dont like winston there move him to RG or somethin
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Where did you hear that?

I'm not doubting you; especially with the rumors that Peyton may be trade bait. It's just that's the first I've heard of him wanting to come here. If we can sign him for a reasonable amount, then I'm all for it.
Let me see if I can find the quote...... I read before the strike ended that he mentioned wanting to play with Andre before his career was over.
Old 01-16-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Easy,

You make him the 2nd string guy, behind Schaub. He's one play away from getting on the field.

Depending on how he progresses in practice & how well the Texans do in 2012, barring an injury to Schaub, they'll decide what to do with Matt's contract.

If they don't know by the end of next season if it's time to move on to, or move on from Tj Yates, we've got the wrong guys making these decisions
Old 01-16-2012   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes we need a super fast speedy WR

Andre is more like a BLodin type reciver IMO now

Pipe dream but i wish he had FItz !!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read