Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Miss 2012 play offs

I forget the number, but every year there is turnover concerning who makes the play-offs, & who doesn't.

So, I ask you now, which 2011 play-off team will miss the 2012 post season?
Old 01-15-2012   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Miss 2012 play offs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I forget the number, but every year there is turnover concerning who makes the play-offs, & who doesn't.

So, I ask you now, which 2011 play-off team will miss the 2012 post season?
Bengals

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Broncos, Bengals, Falcons. Ravens and Steelers are going to be in trouble soon.
Old 01-15-2012   #4
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 23235 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Broncos, Bengals, Falcons. Ravens and Steelers are going to be in trouble soon.
So you have the Browns winning the AFC North?!?!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
So you have the Browns winning the AFC North?!?!
LOL, good catch.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals and Broncos look to be the obvious. I think Chicago & Philadelphia will make the playoffs next year in the NFC, which would leave another two teams out in the NFC. My guess is Atlanta and either New York or Detroit.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #7
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on what Cincy does with those picks they ripped Oakland off for, they could really improve their team. I'm not ready to say they won't be back.

If one assumes a healthy J. Cutler and a re-signed Matt Forte I can see Chicago battling Detroit for the wild card.... maybe even GB for the division lead.

The NFC East will send two; right now I'm thinking Philly and NY. Mainly because I detest the cowpies and Shanny Sr. ain't done crap since he lost Kubiak. ...check the record. 13-3 during Kube's last year there (and that's with Jake Plummer too); no better than 9-7 since. ...just sayin'.

So my list of "won't be back next year" teams is
Atlanta - their D is getting old.
Detroit - assumes a resurgent Bears team
Baltimore - that's only if Lewis and Reed get SB rings and both decide to hang it up.
Denver - IF SD wakes up and plays the whole season next year.
Old 01-16-2012   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright...I'll take this smallish limb to climb onto. Baltimore has had it after this year. I suspect a shocker in Foxboro next week and with that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will take their ball and go home after the SB.

Like Obsiwan, I'm not willing to say Cincinnati either. The Broncos, ditto, due to the division they're in. The Giants? Well, it's seems to me all in the NFC East all have their issues and the Giants....not as much. I can't rule them out either. We'll see if Philadelphia can get their act together.

Soooo, I'll just take the limb I crawled onto and say the Ravens are most likely to miss. As for who would take the vacant spot? That's another promlem with the theory. Maybe Tennesse or Miami but that just doesn't sound right yet.
Old 01-16-2012   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

My super-absurdly-early dartboard predictions:

Jets are in... but this is mostly due to the lack of wild-card competition and Buffalo sucking and some fancy footwork by Rex.

AFC North sends 2. Pitt winning the division, whether it's Baltimore or Cincy getting in, I haven't decided yet. Either way, someone's getting arrested.

Chargers get their heads out of their asses long enough to win the division with 9 wins. Rivers then Tebows on the Broncos logo in the season finale.

For the first time in forever, the NFC West sends a wild-card to the playoffs if Seattle picks up a quarterback. Really, any quarterback will do. I heard Rick Mirer is looking for a job.

Another black QB wearing a light-blue #1 jersey gets his team to the playoffs. Then proceeds to not win in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Miss 2012 play offs
I nominate Katy Perry to be Miss 2012 Playoffs...

She's cute, she's single again, she'll die her hair any team's color, and we'll save money on National Anthem singers.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

God decides to end the Breesus v. Tebow debate by cloning Brett Favre, and makes him start for both the Broncos and Saints in week 10.

Dom Capers is hired by the Oakland Raiders as their new head coach. Raiders fail to score 20 points in a single game*. Oh wait, that's normal.

World* ends in December from black hole forming at ESPN Studios when Andy Reid makes a guest appearance. Eagles named Eternal Dream Team.

*Except Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #12
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The Giants had a ton of injuries this season, especially on defense, mainly the secondary. Many of those happened during the preseason and I pretty much wrote them off before the season started. Also they made some major changes on the O line and they lost Kevin Boss and Steve Smith to FA.

I was shocked that they started off so good despite all of that however all of that finally caught up to them when they played that murderous stretch of games that included Green Bay, New Orleans, San Fran, Philly, and New England. They went 1-4 in that stretch.

Now what we are seeing is many of those guys have finally returned and the offensive line is finally starting to gel. Also also the tight ends and receivers corps are finally stepping it up to where neither Boss nor Smith are being missed.

The Giants when healthy are extremely solid on both sides of the ball. What happened this season is they started getting healthy at the last possible moment of the season to still do something. A week later and they would have been finished.

There is no reason the Giants won't be strong again next season if they are healthy. They should be favored in the NFC East.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read