Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2005   #1
Human Highlight Reel
Rookie

Default I Know it's too early.. But Davis vs Morency

Okay I know it's too early too really tell who is better.. but just for the sake of the thread let's just try to pick one..

I'mma go wit Morency, I've seen him play several times.. He has better field vision than Davis. Wit Zone Block I will always go wit the person wit the better vision.

Who do you think?

Warning to ALL teams, We have D-Rob and PB so please don't throw...
Human Highlight Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Morency takes the job some time in the middle of the season.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #3
Human Highlight Reel
Rookie

I can believe that..

Davis will start the season, but eventually Morency will be impressive when he does relieve Davis that in the middle of the season Davis will see a lot less carries as Morency slowly gets more and more carries and eventually is the Fulltime Starter next year.. when Davis will prolly seek a trade..

Warning to ALL teams, We have D-Rob and PB so please don't throw...
Human Highlight Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless DD gets injured (highly likely) Morency will not be the starter, but rather a role player about mid year who gets 10-15 carries a game spelling DD. His hands are an unknown as well as blitz pick up skills, both of which are very important in our game.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

DD has rushed for over 1,000 yards in each of his two seasons with the team, he also has quite a few rushing TDs. Morency has done none of that yet in the NFL so I am going with DD until Morency does otherwise.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #6
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

What is the deal with these haters? DD has been one of two consistent productors on our young offense, the other being AJ. Why are all yall busters trying to disrespect or downplay all of DD accomplishments? NOW, yall are talking about getting rid of him? Good thing none of yall are the Texans GM. :brickwall :brickwall
Old 05-03-2005   #7
wiley2002
Veteran

DD is on the verge of being the next Curtis Martin and people are chastising him for being injury prone. Fred Taylor was to and the Jags still have him.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if you are gonna take the time to type wit.....why not add an 'h'? Chat language is all cool and stuff and I use it...but it makes reading posts...er, nevermind.

DD will start at first...get nicked up and run poorly like he always does when nicked up, Morency comes in, and never looks back.

Word, crunk, and all of dat, wit shizzle-dizzle

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'm tempted to use that as my new signature, but I think Ali still wins out. That's a close second.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DD will start at first...get nicked up and run poorly like he always does when nicked up, Morency comes in, and never looks back.

Fo shizzle dizzle. Holla front
Old 05-03-2005   #11
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
.DD will start at first...get nicked up and run poorly like he always does when nicked up, Morency comes in, and never looks back.
So does this mean you would not resign DD after this year?
Old 05-03-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
So does this mean you would not resign DD after this year?
I give him a high tender and hope someone gives me a high pick for him. Otherwise he is my ideal 3rd down back/complimentary back/Kick returner.

Old 05-03-2005   #13
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Give DD the mid level tender (1st round pick compensation)
Old 05-03-2005   #14
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I love DD, and I think we drafted another RB only because our backups were a joke. I think we could have gone a different direction with the pick, but I have to live with it so I honestly don't think they were looking for DD's replacement.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #15
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
I think if you are gonna take the time to type wit.....why not add an 'h'? Chat language is all cool and stuff and I use it...but it makes reading posts...er, nevermind.

Dude, you just made my day!! Hilarious!!
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now, Domanick is the complete back. He's had a year in the zone blocking scheme, he can pass block, he can catch, he's a good short yardage runner. He's the starter. Morency is a big ? in all of these areas. What Morency can do for this team is to take 8 -10 carries a game in the middle of the field (the way the Packers use Davenport) and lessen the load on Davis. Maybe then, DD's less likely to get nicked up so much.

No one gave a high pick this offseason to Alexander or James. No one will give up a high pick for Davis. Davis will be with the team at least until his UFA year of '07. Bring up the Davis vs Morency thread then. The next 2 seasons it will be Davis & Morency.
Old 05-03-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Chester Taylor was signed by the Browns with a high RFA tender, but the Ravens matched.

Old 05-03-2005   #18
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I give him a high tender and hope someone gives me a high pick for him. Otherwise he is my ideal 3rd down back/complimentary back/Kick returner.
That shows a lot of faith in Morency. Morency is good, but still unproven at the NFL level.

Just wondering, but wouldn't DD hold out if he is given just a one-year tender?
Old 05-03-2005   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm not real big on DD and think he gets much of his yardage because teams lay back in cover-2's and don't bring up their safeties to stop him. If he holds out, I'm not going to cry.

Old 05-03-2005   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Ravens gave Chester Taylor the low tender hoping no one would offer him a contract. The Browns offered him a 1 yr/3 million dollar contract that the Ravens eventually matched.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read