Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Can someone tell me why Foster was not a part of the end of that game?

I might have missed the reason(s), but Foster was largely on the sideline in the last few minutes of the game. He was sort of alone, fidgeting around by himself, and I don't know if he was a bit hurt or had been pulled or what.

Does anyone know what happened? It seemed that he was THE reason we moved the ball up and down the field all day, and then POOF! he's gone and it's nothing but Yates fixating on AJ every pass play (minus the long pass to Walter).

I know we were behind, I know it was a lot of passing situations and such...but Foster kept that defense honest, and when Foster was not an option the Ravens D knew who to go after in his place.

Foster was on another level today, IMO. He looked like he was ready to completely take charge of the whole game if he was allowed to. I don't know if it was our o-line getting tired and the blocking started getting sluggish or what, but I worry that maybe Foster is bothered by his great performance today and how it ended with him not being part of the plan at the end.

I can't wait to see what LeStar Jean will do in 2012. I don't think we quite understand what his injury in the preseason meant to this team all year. He was being what Jacoby was supposed to be--A guy who stretched the field and made teams pay for doubling AJ.
Old 01-15-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can someone tell me why Foster was not a part of the end of that game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I might have missed the reason(s), but Foster was largely on the sideline in the last few minutes of the game. He was sort of alone, fidgeting around by himself, and I don't know if he was a bit hurt or had been pulled or what.
Foster was on the field when the Texans had the ball. The Ravens were on offense when Foster was shown by himself on the sidelines.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can someone tell me why Foster was not a part of the end of that game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Foster was on the field when the Texans had the ball. The Ravens were on offense when Foster was shown by himself on the sidelines.
I thought there was a series where Foster wasn't in the game for us on offense.

Thank you for the reply. I was in a bit of a daze the last 5 minutes of the game. I don't remember much. Shock was setting in, the shock of knowing that 7 easy points came off Jacoby's bad decision at the start of the game today.
Old 01-15-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Running the ball with like 20 seconds and no time outs is crazy imo
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Running the ball with like 20 seconds and no time outs is crazy imo
I was thinking the next-to-last series, not the last one we had.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read