Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #41
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would have made the difference today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
IMO if TJ isn't forced to play catch up after Jacoby hands what momentum and lead we gained over to Balt. he doesn't make at least one of those stupid mistakes.

I blame his fixation on knowing SOMETHING needs to happen to catch up and lets face it, if you need something to happen on offense AJ is usually gonna be the guy to make it happen, being a rookie also played into his locking on (obviously).

I think we keep that momentum, TJ stays calm and isn't in "make it happen now" mode, especially with our D to protect anything the O puts up there we would have left planning for NE.

I don't like it to fall on one man, but in this case I got to blame the person who started the forest fire and not the trees for being flammable.
Sorry... that excuse won't wash with me. Going into the 2nd half only 4 pts down isn't an excuse to panic. If Yates was really pressing with 30 minutes to play, especially the way our defense was playing and the way Arian was running, then that's more evidence he's no where close to being ready to take Schaub's place.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #42
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Matt Scaub.
Quote for Truth.
/thread
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #43
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they would have injured Flacco, like I told them to, it would have been a fair game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
IMO if TJ isn't forced to play catch up after Jacoby hands what momentum and lead we gained over to Balt. he doesn't make at least one of those stupid mistakes.
All that forced to play catch up stuff went out the window once the second half started.

Even in the 3rd Qtr when they went for it on 4th & inches on the goal line. The defense blanked the Ravens..... again.

We were down by 4 the entire second half & Tj still threw 2 picks.

Arian Foster ran for 95 yards in the first half, 37 in the second.
Old 01-16-2012   #45
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Sorry... that excuse won't wash with me. Going into the 2nd half only 4 pts down isn't an excuse to panic. If Yates was really pressing with 30 minutes to play, especially the way our defense was playing and the way Arian was running, then that's more evidence he's no where close to being ready to take Schaub's place.
I agree, he SHOULDN'T be pressed, but he is a rookie and I can imagine that if you are a rookie only down by 4 in a game of that magnitude you want to make something happen so bad and with the lack of exp. you make stupid mistakes.

I was not one to believe he was anywhere near ready to replace Schaub even in the midst of his impressive start. (at best I figured we weren't as screwed as I had feared, but not a replacement for Schaub any longer than recovery)
Old 12-30-2012   #46
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Matt Schaub
Mea Culpa Mea Culpa
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read