Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Crowd Noise

Did'nt think the crowd effected our offense one bit. Our players did'nt seem to have any trouble hearing the snap count, things like that. After watching Andy Dalton closing his earholes all game and seeing so many false starts, time outs and delay of games by Cinn then hearing about their crowd noise I was expecting more.

You heard it hear first, we won the crowd noise title. I guess they will just have to settle for a chance at the AFC Championship title.
Old 01-15-2012   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Crowd Noise

Yeah the crowd wasn't anything compared to the noise at Reliant. I told my brother that during the game.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I think yall are clutching straws. Crowd noise was definitely a factor, I just think we were prepared for it with Kubes pumping in noise in practice and having the defense line up offsides.

M&T is a tough place to play, don't discredit their fans. TJ was holding his hands over his helmet on several occasions.
Old 01-15-2012   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I think yall are clutching straws. Crowd noise was definitely a factor, I just think we were prepared for it with Kubes pumping in noise in practice and having the defense line up offsides.

M&T is a tough place to play, don't discredit their fans. TJ was holding his hands over his helmet on several occasions.
Not really clutching anything, I was just commenting on the subject. Oh it was loud no doubt, but nothing quite like Reliant is what I'm sayin.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not discrediting their fans.. It's just tough to make noise with mittens on and your lips frozen.

In my opionion Reliant won't never be as loud as the dome though, it's just to big. I could'nt hear the guy next to me in the dome. At reliant you can at least yell at the guy next to you, if you need to.
Old 01-15-2012   #6
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

dome vs. outdoor stadium in cold weather.

thats why saints games seem so loud as well.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Crowd noise wasn't a problem at all. We had one false start penalty by Caldwell. I think that was it, right? Chalk it up to Caldwell being a worthless bum.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #8
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

First off I'd like to say great team effort from both teams today
. I hate to say it but like I said earlier if were on the road this is a completely different game. I want you to know that every Houston fan I saw I pounded a fist or shook a hand and said good game on the way out.

Sitting front row upper deck I thought we were loud and did our part as always but thought it could have been much louder if I had it my way. We should have been on our feet every down bringing noise. In the end our D did what we expect out of our D. Bring on Brady and the Patriots, they looked pretty good last night.

I expect a primetime game again next year at Houston and I plan on being there. One suggestion that I give myself every playoff loss is to get it all out that night. Drink your face off and get over it nothing to hang your heads on.

P.S. all you Flacco haters "all he does is win win win no matter what". Hate on him all you want and we've got a long way to go but we love our QB and wouldn't have it any other way.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree....that crowd was quiet as church mice most of the game.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
lockmat
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 lockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respectedlockmat is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game today and if I were a ravens fan, I'd be embarrassed about the crowd noise. Don't get me wrong, most of them were super nice to me. But I agree with another poster, it was church mice quiet. We get louder in preseason games for goodness sake.

We definitely have some of the best and loudest fans in the league.
lockmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounded like a lot of cold, wind-battered and worried Ravens fans for most of the game....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read