Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-18-2012   #61
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Wish List.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
There's not really any playmaking safeties in the draft that are worth worrying about in the first couple of rounds for us really. Quintin Demps is a decent enough backup and I think Dom Barber might qualify as this as well if he's not up on his contract. I think this offseason is probably going to revolve around beefing up the offense in some spots and maybe finding some depth on the D.
Barber is a FA and hopefully not coming back.
Old 01-18-2012   #62
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Barber is a FA and hopefully not coming back.
He was one of our better ST players. I think it'd be a mistake not to bring him back.
Old 01-18-2012   #63
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
FA
Ahtyba Rubin CLE NT
25yrs Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 330
2011 stats
56 solo tak
27ast tak
83 total tak
5.0 sack
He was extended:
Browns signed DT Ahtyba Rubin to a three-year, $27 million contract extension with $18 million guaranteed.He was previously under contract through 2011 at $600K. Rubin, drafted as a developmental project out of Iowa State in 2008, has quietly progressed into one of the most productive interior linemen in football. At 6-foot-2, 315, he's what Warren Sapp would call a "power pig" in the trenches. The Browns now have three of their defensive line starters
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4932/ahtyba-rubin
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...al-three-years
Old 01-18-2012   #64
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'd like to see the following take place.

Part ways with Jacoby Jones as soon as it's practical to release him. We've all seen what happens when a player (in any sport really) has the collective fanbase turn on him. Jones is at that point here I think. It's time to part ways. If he's ever going to make anything of himself (and he isn't) then it won't happen here.

In free agency we need to look for a legitimate #2 WR. This WR can be older because he's a short term guy who will bridge the gap between AJ and the rookie we're going to take in the draft. Call that rookie "Future WR2"). In the draft we need to get that WR2 in either the first or the second round depending on how the picks fall and where the best value is.

We need to decide what kind of a future Kareem Jackson has here and whether Brandon Harris is going to pan out. The last time I saw a 2nd round pick disappear like Harris was Bennie Joppru with his magical series of season-ending injuries. What's going on with Harris? Is he the future? Do we need another CB in the 2012 draft? We seem loaded up with talent but are we?

Then I'd like to see if we could draft some more depth on the offensive line. I know we started the season with Butler already gone but Caldwell did not impress when he had to come in late in the year. We need more depth there.

I'd like to see us re-sign both Mario & Foster. I think that if the team wants to make it happen then it can get done. If we don't keep Mario I think we should make sure we get something for him. Letting him walk is not an option.

As I said I'd like to see Mario back because I think he could be really special in this system but if that's not possible I think we'll be fine. If we can keep drafting like we have been recently then we'll be able to keep reloading with players we can afford.
Harris is on roster and played rarely at end of season. Either not what I and Wade thought he was (I mocked him early) or Phillips is protecting him as KJ was not.
Old 01-18-2012   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANJAK View Post
#1 Bye Bye Jacoby Jones.

2. Take a wide receiver in the first round.

3. Veteran CB

4. NO QUARTERBACK SNEAKS!!

5. Pay Foster.

6. Move Mario back to old position. Keep Brooks Reed out on the field.
What about me? signed JJ Watt
Old 01-18-2012   #66
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear JJ,

You are the new 3rd down nose tackle.

Signed, Wade

Can you imagine: Mario, Brooks Reed, JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, and Conner Barwin rushing the passer at the same time?
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #67
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Dear JJ,

You are the new 3rd down nose tackle.

Signed, Wade

Can you imagine: Mario, Brooks Reed, JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, and Conner Barwin rushing the passer at the same time?
Hell to the no. J.J. Watt was a dominant player this year, no way does Wade relegate him to situational duties. I would rather see Mario moved to NT than see Watt lose his spot.
Old 01-18-2012   #68
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Viewing a lot of the posts in here, makes me glad that many of you have absolutely no input whatsoever as far as the transactions and player personnel moves are concerned. Sheesh. Really? Draft more CB's in the 2nd round? The NT issue hasn't been put to bed already? I agree wholeheartedly with the WR situation, but come on, a new TE? What short term memories a lot of you have! Leave it up to some of you and we have a need at every postition. Let Mario walk?! With absolutely no compensation?! I've read some crazy things on this thread. Can we get some football experts in here please??? Oh no! Neil Rackers had an 84% FGP and was 4 for 5 from 50 yds +. Let's get someone else! Quick! I don't care that the best ever FGP in the history of the NFL is 87%! Haha, you guys are killing me!

Old 01-18-2012   #69
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Hell to the no. J.J. Watt was a dominant player this year, no way does Wade relegate him to situational duties. I would rather see Mario moved to NT than see Watt lose his spot.
I'm pretty sure he meant that Watt would just move over a slot and MW would drop down at DE in obvious passing situations. That actually sounds like a hellacious pass rush.
Old 01-18-2012   #70
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Viewing a lot of the posts in here, makes me glad that many of you have absolutely no input whatsoever as far as the transactions and player personnel moves are concerned. Sheesh. Really? Draft more CB's in the 2nd round? The NT issue hasn't been put to bed already? I agree wholeheartedly with the WR situation, but come on, a new TE? What short term memories a lot of you have! Leave it up to some of you and we have a need at every postition. Let Mario walk?! With absolutely no compensation?! I've read some crazy things on this thread. Can we get some football experts in here please??? Oh no! Neil Rackers had an 84% FGP and was 4 for 5 from 50 yds +. Let's get someone else! Quick! I don't care that the best ever FGP in the history of the NFL is 87%! Haha, you guys are killing me!

This!^^^^^^
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #71
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Ninja would work as NT. Have ninja gain 10 pounds.
DL----- Watt-Smith-Mario
LB--Barwin -Cushing--Ryans-Reed
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #72
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Reggie Wayne doesn't ask for major money, I'd like the Texans to make a run at him. Age, not wanting to be with a loser in Indy, especially if Manning really does retire makes him enticing. Draft Mohamed Sanu WR out of Rutgers in first round or Georgia OG Cordy Glenn. They need to start drafting some young guns in the Oline and WR.

Even with all our current TE's we're starting to age a bit there also. Orson Charles in the 2nd round would be great also. But IMO the Oline and WR's are going to be looked at primarily in the draft just because I just don't see a need at defense with the current group and youth there.
Old 01-18-2012   #73
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I would replace Allen with Grimes, Harris, or Carmicheal.
Old 01-18-2012   #74
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
If Reggie Wayne doesn't ask for major money, I'd like the Texans to make a run at him. Age, not wanting to be with a loser in Indy, especially if Manning really does retire makes him enticing. Draft Mohamed Sanu WR out of Rutgers in first round or Georgia OG Cordy Glenn. They need to start drafting some young guns in the Oline and WR.

Even with all our current TE's we're starting to age a bit there also. Orson Charles in the 2nd round would be great also. But IMO the Oline and WR's are going to be looked at primarily in the draft just because I just don't see a need at defense with the current group and youth there.
Rumor has it that Wayne wants to go where ever Peyton goes. Peyton only has so many places he can go given his pricetag, but I would imagine the new team could shuffle things around to make room for Wayne too.
Old 01-18-2012   #75
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

1A) A receiver oppo Andre; preferably a guy that could be Andre's replacement in in a couple ..... well a few, NO, several years from now!!

1B) @B... I like Schaub, but he's getting old and worn.

2) CB... Let's face it, while Kareem Jackson has improved a bunch and Jason Allen is better than Kareem, IS it not time to re-improve that position???

Another Jonathon Joseph (or close), PLEASE!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012   #76
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The first "I want this FA" thread of the offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
And for me that is

*Drumroll please*

*CLANG!!*

Jerome Simpson WR from Cincinatti Bengals. Y'know, as long as he leaves behind his Pot. Although I doubt he does, but would like him to hold off on it till after his professional career.

Anyway, He's got the speed!!! He's got the hands!!!, He's got the hops!!! He's got that big play ability!!! Signing him will solidify the #2 spot, or at least have him competing with Walter. Either way he is a definite upgrade over JJ, and now that the fan base wants to torch and pitchfork him out of town, I believe he'll get cut. Signing him would give us a WR core consisting of AJ, Simpson, Walter, 2012#1 Draft Pick WR, and 5th guy. I don't know about you but I like that group.

First and foremost he'd have to prove to McNair that he can hold off the Ganja for awhile. Actually, first and foremost he has to pry himself away from Cinci, then hold off the pot, then we'd have to offer him enough money to steal him from other teams. If we go after him first though we might have a chance, as there are other big name WR free agents that should be targeted heavily at the beginning of the offseason.

So, thoughts?
I'm thinking probably not.
Quote:
Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson was indicted on drug charges Thursday in Kenton County.

The indictment charges Simpson with trafficking marijuana over 8 oz and less than five pounds, according to Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders. The charge is a Class D felony with a punishment of one to five years in prison.
LINK
Old 01-19-2012   #77
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The first "I want this FA" thread of the offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm thinking probably not.

LINK
Beat me to it.
Old 01-19-2012   #78
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 62918 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I think Ninja would work as NT. Have ninja gain 10 pounds.
DL----- Watt-Smith-Mario
LB--Barwin -Cushing--Ryans-Reed
Smith doesn't even like the 3-4 DE position, can't imagine he would like being moved inside any.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #79
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Smith doesn't even like the 3-4 DE position, can't imagine he would like being moved inside any.
Could have fooled me! Looked like he was having a great time racking up all them sacks...
Old 01-19-2012   #80
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of people seem interested in going after a top tier WR. While I think we need an upgrade I don't think the salary cap will allow the team to bring in guys like Dwayne Bowe or Marques Colston. I'd rather use the #26 pick and get a good receiver and use that money to pay our own FAs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read