Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Wish List.

#1 towering above all the other wishes... JACOBY JONES MUST GO!!! and not just because of the muffed punt. He is a terrible wide receiver. I have never liked him.

2. Take a wide receiver in the first round.

3. Take the best available corner or safety with the second pick.

4. Try to sign another large run stuffing DT.

5. Ship Mario to save cap space.

6. Keep everything else the same. Lock up as many players as possible.

This team really has potential to go all the way next year.

On the coaching front: Stay with Kubes and try to lock up Wade.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Wish List.

I'd like to see a new S&C coach. The injuries killed us this year. Maybe it's a coincidence, but it wouldn't hurt to get a new one.

We have a great O-line, but interior O-line can also improve.

ETA: New punter too, unless Hartman comes back. I don't want to see Turk in a Texans uniform anymore.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I'd like to see a new S&C coach. The injuries killed us this year. Maybe it's a coincidence, but it wouldn't hurt to get a new one.

You make a point that is spot on. Mario tore his pec on a play that didn't look bad. Casey tore his pec also. Some of these injuries suggest that the S & C coach may not have it all together. Very good point.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
#1 towering above all the other wishes... JACOBY JONES MUST GO!!! and not just because of the muffed punt. He is a terrible wide receiver. I have never liked him.

Agree except, I think we should keep Mario.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

On this one, I have been a big supporter of keeping Mario here on a long-term contract. After the way the defense finished the season, especially this game I still think he stays (Bob McNair loves him) but I will be ok with whatever decision the team makes. This does assume, however, that we get some serious compensation if he is not on the opening day roster. You cannot let a player that talented and valued around the league walk for nothing but a potential 3rd round compensatory pick. I don't care what the franchise tag number is, there is dead weight on this team that can be shed, there are contracts that can be reworked, etc. If Mario leaves you MUST get good compensation for him. I'm talking a top 10 pick and then something else.
Old 01-15-2012   #6
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Pay Arian. & Get Japhoney Jones outta here
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #7
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post

ETA: New punter too, unless Hartman comes back. I don't want to see Turk in a Texans uniform anymore.
How come every time guys get injured its always the strength and conditioning coach that catches hell? Cedric Smith has played large part in turning around this team's identity from a perceived finesse and "soft" team to one that can go toe to toe in the trenches with anyone. Blaming him for these freak injuries is beyond idiotic imo.
Old 01-15-2012   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Get the Jabrony outta here.

Get a punter.

Get bubble wrap for the entire time and petition the NFL to let us play with it.

Get a WR. Someone. I don't care who or from where.

Get another corner so that we can roll with Allen and Kareem as #3 and #4 CBs.

Look to get some safety help.

LB and OL depth.

New training staff or conditioning coach if it's deemed necessary.

That's it for now, I guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know much about prospects in this upcoming draft, but I'd rather get the big NT in the 2nd round.

KJ has proven to me that he can start in this league. I'm ok with Allen walking and Harris taking over his role.

I don't see a big need in taking a DB that high... but I'm ok with BPA after the 2nd round.

When you have a playmaker, you don't let him go. I hope we do everything we can to keep Mario... but if we can't, I won't think it's the end of the world.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Get the Jabrony outta here.

Get a punter.

Get bubble wrap for the entire time and petition the NFL to let us play with it.

Get a WR. Someone. I don't care who or from where.

Get another corner so that we can roll with Allen and Kareem as #3 and #4 CBs.

Look to get some safety help.

LB and OL depth.

New training staff or conditioning coach if it's deemed necessary.

That's it for now, I guess.
Why are people saying safety help? Which safety are they not happy with? I thought both played well this season. Unless you simply want depth?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

A list for next years WR free agency.

The bolded is who I would want to take a long hard look at along with taking a WR in the 1st round.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...ster-list?pg=2

Wide Receivers

Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe *
Wes Welker *
Brandon Lloyd
Marques Colston
DeSean Jackson
Stevie Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Robert Meachem
Mario Manningham

Pierre Garcon
Laurent Robinson
Braylon Edwards
Early Doucet
Ted Ginn
Plaxico Burress

Roscoe Parrish
Jerome Simpson
Jerricho Cotchery
Eddie Royal
Steve Smith (PHI)
Mark Clayton
Harry Douglas
Andre Caldwell
Josh Morgan
Donte' Stallworth
Legedu Naanee
Eric Weems
Terrell Owens
Deion Branch
Chaz Schilens
Devin Aromashodu
Mike Sims-Walker
Lavelle Hawkins
Derek Hagan
Patrick Crayton
Donnie Avery

Domenik Hixon
Greg Camarillo
Devin Thomas
Ruvell Martin
Maurice Stovall
Anthony Gonzalez
Kevin Curtis
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Matt Slater
Micheal Spurlock
Courtney Roby
Bernard Berrian
Roy Williams
Rashied Davis
David Anderson
Bryant Johnson
Jerheme Urban
Michael Clayton

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Get the **** rid of Jacoby Jones.

Sign Foster.

Keep Phillips as DC, or perhaps even promote him to assistent head coach to give him more money if that's what it takes.

Get the next AJ in the draft.

Last, but not least, sign Mario only if you can afford it. If not, trade him for picks. I'd rather keep him though if it's all the same. I think breaking the bank for Foster is justified, but not for Mario.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what I see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
A list for next years WR free agency.

The bolded is who I would want to take a long hard look at along with taking a WR in the 1st round.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...ster-list?pg=2

Wide Receivers

Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe *
Wes Welker *
Brandon Lloyd
Marques Colston
DeSean Jackson
Stevie Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Robert Meachem
Mario Manningham

Pierre Garcon
Laurent Robinson
Braylon Edwards
Early Doucet
Ted Ginn
Plaxico Burress

Roscoe Parrish
Jerome Simpson
Jerricho Cotchery
Eddie Royal
Steve Smith (PHI)
Mark Clayton
Harry Douglas
Andre Caldwell
Josh Morgan
Donte' Stallworth
Legedu Naanee
Eric Weems
Terrell Owens
Deion Branch
Chaz Schilens
Devin Aromashodu
Mike Sims-Walker
Lavelle Hawkins
Derek Hagan
Patrick Crayton
Donnie Avery

Domenik Hixon
Greg Camarillo
Devin Thomas
Ruvell Martin
Maurice Stovall
Anthony Gonzalez
Kevin Curtis
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Matt Slater
Micheal Spurlock
Courtney Roby
Bernard Berrian
Roy Williams
Rashied Davis
David Anderson
Bryant Johnson
Jerheme Urban
Michael Clayton

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

FA WR: Brandon Lloyd, Marques Colston, Stevie Johnson, Laurent Robinson, Pierre Garcon

DB depth

OL depth

Keep our best players

Kicker/punter

Trade Jacoby/add punt returner
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd like to see the following take place.

Part ways with Jacoby Jones as soon as it's practical to release him. We've all seen what happens when a player (in any sport really) has the collective fanbase turn on him. Jones is at that point here I think. It's time to part ways. If he's ever going to make anything of himself (and he isn't) then it won't happen here.

In free agency we need to look for a legitimate #2 WR. This WR can be older because he's a short term guy who will bridge the gap between AJ and the rookie we're going to take in the draft. Call that rookie "Future WR2"). In the draft we need to get that WR2 in either the first or the second round depending on how the picks fall and where the best value is.

We need to decide what kind of a future Kareem Jackson has here and whether Brandon Harris is going to pan out. The last time I saw a 2nd round pick disappear like Harris was Bennie Joppru with his magical series of season-ending injuries. What's going on with Harris? Is he the future? Do we need another CB in the 2012 draft? We seem loaded up with talent but are we?

Then I'd like to see if we could draft some more depth on the offensive line. I know we started the season with Butler already gone but Caldwell did not impress when he had to come in late in the year. We need more depth there.

I'd like to see us re-sign both Mario & Foster. I think that if the team wants to make it happen then it can get done. If we don't keep Mario I think we should make sure we get something for him. Letting him walk is not an option.

As I said I'd like to see Mario back because I think he could be really special in this system but if that's not possible I think we'll be fine. If we can keep drafting like we have been recently then we'll be able to keep reloading with players we can afford.
Old 01-15-2012   #16
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

1. draft a #2 wr to compliment Andre
2. resign Mario Williams but if he wants too much money then let him walk because while he has potential, its seems that he is always injured
3. pay arian the money he deserves
4. release jacoby jones
5.sign depth at o line and maybe draft a nose tackle in the early rounds
6. as for cornerback, i think the texans are fine the way they are and would be ok if they let Allen walk. Mccain is a excellent nickel corner and Kareem has been playing better lately. He had a great game against the ravens today but their receivers just made outstanding catches. Harris could rotate in with Kareem and Carmicheal or Mcmanis could be 4th cornerback.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Cut Jacoby Jones
New kicker(I like Rackers but he's old and cant really kick 50+ yarders, okie st kicker would be nice)
Will Hartmann be the same? I think we should go away with Turk and give Hartmann a run for his job.
Sign Foster to a big contract
Franchise Mario
Draft Alshon Jefferey, if not Kendall Wright.
And most importantly of all, keep Wade in Houston.

Wouldn't mind a new giant NT either
Old 01-15-2012   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to draft a WR and sign Early Doucet if possible. You can forget about one of the big gun WRs.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #19
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans need another starting CB and a couple more WRs. We need one that has speed and can make a big play for a TD. it is difficult to grind it all day long with no big plays. Just too many things come up penalty, turn over, etc to expect to be able to just drive it down the field all day long, even though the Texans did a good job of it. Walter is at best a 3rd or 4th wr. So really the only wr we had this year was AJ. I think we cannot depend soley on the draft to get a WR. They are interviewing Vernon Davis on TV, where can we find another one like him.

We need to pick up players that can come in and contribute maybe not next year but in a couple years. it is an ongoing process and all the other teams are improving also. if you just standstill with what you had last year you go backwards. The only position I feel somewhat comfortable in is RB and that could change in one instant.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #20
DownByContact
Homer

Rep Power: 0 DownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree that Jacoby must go.
Buy why draft a CB of S in the second round? Didn't we just draft a CB in the 2nd last year?
Also why a S, it thought our safety play was pretty good this year, unless you're thinking of depth, but 2nd round is to early just for depth.

I also thought Kareem played pretty decent in the playoffs, today I noticed he turned to look for the ball a few times, ex. the one that Boldin made that spectacular catch on the sidelines. That was great coverage, just a better catch.
DownByContact is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read