Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-21-2012   #221
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Even AP isnt worth AP money.
He was at one point in time. I think it speaks to the shelf life of NFL RBs.
Let's be honest here, how many years came Foster play at this level? 4, 5, 6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #222
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pay Foster now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
He was at one point in time. I think it speaks to the shelf life of NFL RBs.
Let's be honest here, how many years came Foster play at this level? 4, 5, 6?
Most running backs average career shelf life is something like 2.7 years.
Old 02-21-2012   #223
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hearing they may Franchise Tag Arian...

Quote:
All this over a rumor by a newer member? Like we don't have a Pay Arian Now thread.
Feeling a little sensitive about a cluttered forum?
Old 02-21-2012   #224
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Most running backs average career shelf life is something like 2.7 years.
How long has MJD & Steven Jackson been at it?
Old 02-21-2012   #225
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 275 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys don't forget Tate is good

Sig courtesy of False Start!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #226
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All this over a rumor by a newer member? Like we don't have a Pay Arian Now thread.
Why do people like you feel entitled? Is it because youve been here longer, do you think your post count is the definition of a dedicated poster and fan? If so, you're wrong
Old 02-21-2012   #227
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Why do people like you feel entitled? Is it because youve been here longer, do you think your post count is the definition of a dedicated poster and fan? If so, you're wrong
I feel entitled simply because I'm better than you. again.
As far as AF getting franchised, I think he'd be OK with it considering the Texans cap woes at the moment. AF is a different cat altogether and I just don't see ego taking over. Having said that, I really hope the Texans do this young man right, because he's everything the Texans value in a player. He's humble, VERY productive and doesn't have any off-field issues. His biggest controversy is calling out players who got upset with his hamstring ijnury because of FF. Even that was blown out of proportion by todays 24 hr. news coverage paparrazzi.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2012   #228
kingh99

Love watching Foster run. But seriously. Olandis Gary gained 4 yds per carry for Gary Kubiak. Keep building the O line. Never ever take the O line for granted.
Old 02-21-2012   #229
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
If anyone was willing to give me a 1 for Foster I would take it and run.

This is the same Denver running scheme with the same Denver coaches who made Clinton Portis look like a hall of fame caliber running back.
Foster is good, but it's the system that makes him great.

I wish we could pull off a Portis for Bailey type trade with some clueless GM that doesn't understand that.
If it were that easy, you & I would be running real NFL franchises.

It takes the right eyes to identify the right back, the right center, the right OL men, the right receivers, TE, etc...

Then it takes the right teachers to instruct, guide, nurture the talent.

Then It takes hundreds of hours to hone the physical skills, the mental calls.

At least with Arian, at least you know you've got the right back. & If you know Kubiak, you know you have a serious pro.

Trent Richardson..... just like all the other draft picks... is a roll of the dice.
Old 02-21-2012   #230
JPPT1974
September Falls

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans lose Arian, that would be a huge blow to the running game and team.
Old 02-21-2012   #231
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

No sir, you would be wrong in this case. This is exactly one of the reasons that I don't spend near as much time as I used to.

Because this board wasn't cluttered with newcomers NOT READING OTHER THREADS BEFORE THEY START THEIR OWN??

We like a tidy board. Tidy = (equals) less expensive for those that run the board and those (small percentage) that donate to it...
Old 02-21-2012   #232
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
If the Texans lose Arian, that would be a huge blow to the running game and team.
I seriously doubt we lose Arian.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #233
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
No worries, bro! That's not gonna happen. Arian Foster is NOT going anywhere! #FACT!!

*Its okay if Senor Stan calls me out for using a hashtag*
Old 02-21-2012   #234
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No sir, you would be wrong in this case. This is exactly one of the reasons that I don't spend near as much time as I used to.

Because this board wasn't cluttered with newcomers NOT READING OTHER THREADS BEFORE THEY START THEIR OWN??

We like a tidy board. Tidy = (equals) less expensive for those that run the board and those (small percentage) that donate to it...
Maybe the mods should step up and merge threads then, its not that hard.....if they dont have enough mods than ask some to help

And again, don't lump all noobs into this category because its a stereotype and unnecessary

Not to mention all of you were new at one time, it took a lot of error and trial before you all realized how to run a successful board so don't sit on your high horse and pretend to be better than the new comers
Old 02-21-2012   #235
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How long has MJD & Steven Jackson been at it?
Going out on a limb here but I swear I've watched MJD stuff it down our throats (when we knew it was coming!) for more than 2.7 years. But then my memory might be cloudy.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #236
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because it's the same damn thread as the other one. If you're new, shut up, sit back, and learn how things are done. Maybe everyone should just start their own thread on the same subject. Hey guys, I was at the gas station and some random guy said we might tag Foster...lemme go make a thread. Oh what, we're gonna tag Mario now? I'm gonna make a thread because I'm smarter, more handsome, and more important than everyone else.

Why are you so butthurt about this? Did I say anything to you? Mind yours. I said nothing about post counts so you sir/ma'am can go kick rocks.

-Entitled Rant

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 02-21-2012   #237
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Going out on a limb here but I swear I've watched MJD stuff it down our throats (when we knew it was coming!) for more than 2.7 years. But then my memory might be cloudy.
This sounds a lot better/cleaner in my head but...lots of people were giving us the business over those years lol.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2012   #238
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

someone rep TK for me. PLEASE!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #239
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

It really isn't a difficult request that people look for similar threads before creating new ones. Generally we do merge them but why make us do it if a quick scroll will reveal the existing thread? We tend not to merge them if they get too developed before we see them and it would confuse the conversations. Just help out with keeping the house clean.
Old 02-21-2012   #240
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
someone rep TK for me. PLEASE!!!!
Got him.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read