Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-21-2012   #181
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hearing they may Franchise Tag Arian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Our 2010 1st rounder could do it.

What did Kareem Jackson do on that play?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #182
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Tate, Ward, another lower cost FA and a 1st round draft pick?

I could live with losing Foster, but I still don't think anyone would give up a #1 and shell out money we couldn't match.

Why shell out $7+ mil when you have a 90% chance of keeping him for peanuts?
I think you missed me post this on the last page

Yea, how many TDs did Tate have while starting in place of Foster? Here let me tell you, 1, yup thats right, he scored 1 total TD in place of Arian, are you willing to keep that pace up?

That was playing 3 awful defense to open the season in Indy, Miami and New Orleans. He is NOT Arian and never will be. He is a great change of pace back, but thats it.
Old 02-21-2012   #183
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's just speculation at this point, but if they can't work out a deal they should tag him. Teams have until March 5th to use the franchise tag. They still have two weeks to try to work out a deal before using the tag on him, so I don't see why they would do it now. Might as well keep working on a deal before potentially pissing him off with a tag.

Here's a list of the franchise tag costs:
Why should they bother tagging a restricted FA who they have the right to match offers for ?!

The OP is stiring up sh!t where there aint no need to ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #184
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Why should they bother tagging a restricted FA who they have the right to match offers for ?!

You know the old addage: If you throw enough **** against the wall, something's bound to stick.
Old 02-21-2012   #185
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Foster got his chance because Slaton's career basically ended with a preseason neck injury that caused severe nerve damage. He couldn't even feel the ball in his hand resulting in a serious fumbling problem and he never fully recovered.

Good RBs are not that hard to find. Slaton was good until he blew up his neck, Tate is good, Foster is good, Ward is good, etc.

If I can keep foster for the top RFA tender fantastic but if somebody wants to give him a huge contract and give me a #1 that's cool too.
You love that Round 1 compensation that much, do you? I don't.

We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL world if we felt an extra round 1 draft pick would compensate us for the loss of the best RB in the game right now. And make no mistake about it, Arian Foster is the man right now.

Steve Slaton, since you mentioned him (again), was playing way over his head in his rookie season. I don't buy the argument that his neck injury is what caused his downfall. He was having vision/seam identification problems well before the neck problem occurred. Not since Domanick Davis have we had a consistently good RB like we have in Foster right now. I can name them off if you want me to, it's a very long list of failures at trying to find that franchise-type RB that we now have.

Jonathan Wells, Stacy Mack, Tony Hollings, Ryan Moats, Chris Brown, Ron Dayne, Ahman Green, James Allen, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Samkon Gado, Chris Henry, Wali Lundy, Vernand Morency, Cecil Sapp, Chris Taylor, Darius Walker, Steve Slaton.

18 RBs over roughly an 8-year span and none of them stuck. We have Arian Foster, only a couple of years into his career and we're fine with starting Ben Tate and an older Derrick Ward whom I think is also a FA IIRC? OK.
Old 02-21-2012   #186
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I think you missed me post this on the last page

Yea, how many TDs did Tate have while starting in place of Foster? Here let me tell you, 1, yup thats right, he scored 1 total TD in place of Arian, are you willing to keep that pace up?

That was playing 3 awful defense to open the season in Indy, Miami and New Orleans. He is NOT Arian and never will be. He is a great change of pace back, but thats it.
I didn't miss it, it's just not relevant. As I addressed in other posts, you can get a goal line back for cheap and run Tate between the 10s. That's even assuming you can't work with him to develop into a better player after his (essentially) rookie season.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #187
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because an a-hole GM of some other NFL team could (a) Offer Foster an insane amount of money that (b) we'd then have to match or lose Foster, which would (c) give us draft pick compensation that we might not be able to use for replacing our franchise RB that already have on or roster.

I don't see your point, corrosion. It's a valid discussion.
Old 02-21-2012   #188
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
I didn't miss it, it's just not relevant. As I addressed in other posts, you can get a goal line back for cheap and run Tate between the 10s. That's even assuming you can't work with him to develop into a better player after his (essentially) rookie season.
That takes us back to the old days of Texans running game--Trying to build a single RB out of two semi-decent guys.

I don't see a RB out there who matches the production and talent level, the ability to run, catch, and block for the QB, like Foster can do.

Once we evaluate the Texans offense, in terms of the things I listed--Shaky at the QB spot, shaky AJ, an oft-injured OD, Kevin Walter as your only other WR option--we see that it would be unwise to devalue Foster to the point that we risk losing him, even for Round 1 draft pick compensation.

We have the guy in the bag, don't let him out. Otherwise, you're developing an extra "shaky" position for the 2012 Texans offense. I can deal with the idea of Yates being QB1 for the start of the season if it means he has Foster AND Tate to lean on. Without Foster, the offense becomes instantly predictable and one-dimensional. IMO.
Old 02-21-2012   #189
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers game last year was indicative of the kind of special RB that we have in Arian. Dude made all pro Troy Polamalu look like a rookie on at least three plays, and one was in the backfield!

No system is going to give a RB the skills to know when to cut, know how to juke out all pro defenders, or the natural afterburner ability we see with Foster. He gets into the open field and anything can happen.

Let this guy go and this organization takes a step back, both in terms of talent and public perceptions.
Old 02-21-2012   #190
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You love that Round 1 compensation that much, do you? I don't.

We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL world if we felt an extra round 1 draft pick would compensate us for the loss of the best RB in the game right now. And make no mistake about it, Arian Foster is the man right now.
#1 picks are the currency of the realm and much coveted by every GM. On top of the #1 pick we save over $7 million to spend elsewhere.

Quote:
Steve Slaton, since you mentioned him (again), was playing way over his head in his rookie season. I don't buy the argument that his neck injury is what caused his downfall. He was having vision/seam identification problems well before the neck problem occurred.
Slaton was fine his rookie season and injured in the preseason. Where did he have time to develop a problem with his vision?

Quote:
Not since Domanick Davis have we had a consistently good RB like we have in Foster right now. I can name them off if you want me to, it's a very long list of failures at trying to find that franchise-type RB that we now have.

Jonathan Wells, Stacy Mack, Tony Hollings, Ryan Moats, Chris Brown, Ron Dayne, Ahman Green, James Allen, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Samkon Gado, Chris Henry, Wali Lundy, Vernand Morency, Cecil Sapp, Chris Taylor, Darius Walker, Steve Slaton.

18 RBs over roughly an 8-year span and none of them stuck. We have Arian Foster, only a couple of years into his career and we're fine with starting Ben Tate and an older Derrick Ward whom I think is also a FA IIRC? OK.
I don't see what is so complicated.

Best case scenario: We keep Foster on the cheap
Worst case scenario: We get a #1, over $7 million in cap space to sign FAs, and have Ben Tate to start.

The Texans win either way. There's no reason to give Foster his big pay day until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That takes us back to the old days of Texans running game--Trying to build a single RB out of two semi-decent guys.

I don't see a RB out there who matches the production and talent level, the ability to run, catch, and block for the QB, like Foster can do.

Once we evaluate the Texans offense, in terms of the things I listed--Shaky at the QB spot, shaky AJ, an oft-injured OD, Kevin Walter as your only other WR option--we see that it would be unwise to devalue Foster to the point that we risk losing him, even for Round 1 draft pick compensation.

We have the guy in the bag, don't let him out. Otherwise, you're developing an extra "shaky" position for the 2012 Texans offense. I can deal with the idea of Yates being QB1 for the start of the season if it means he has Foster AND Tate to lean on. Without Foster, the offense becomes instantly predictable and one-dimensional. IMO.
There's no reason to call Schaub or AJ shaky.

Foster could come out week one of the preseason and suffer a career ending neck injury. You never know.

The smart thing is to play your hand as the situation dictates. Right now the smart play is a high RFA tender since you can't lose no matter how the cards fall.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #191
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So 13 tds and 1300 yards AVERAGE is not worth keeping? You can GUARANTEE that production from Tate or another first round back?

What about the 600 yards and 2 receiving TDs a year? Can that be replaced FOR SURE TOO?

because if you cannot do either of those 100% guaranteed than losing Foster in ANY FORM is ignorant and not advised......this is not Madden where you can plug in any one you want and control the player, you have elite talent that actually impacts games (unlike Mario) and you are willing to let it go.....un freaking real
Old 02-21-2012   #192
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2008 Total offense 3rd Points 17th
2009 Total offense 4th Points 10th
2010 Total offense 3rd Points 9th
2011 Total offense 13th Points 10th

I'm not seeing the evidence for your argument.

I completely disagree. He was so good Washington traded the best CB in the NFL for him. Do you see the Jets lining up to hand over Revis?

An inured Matt Schaub, an injured AJ, Foster misses two games with hamstring, Briesel's broken leg, playing a 3 rd string rookie QB.. etc. Stats don't paint the whole picture. Foster looked special all year long.

We are now a balanced team, the offense doesn't have to be the tops in the NFL to win with this defense. However I still think this offense is consistently top 5 without the injuries.

Quote:
#1 picks are the currency of the realm and much coveted by every GM. On top of the #1 pick we save over $7 million to spend elsewhere.

Slaton was fine his rookie season and injured in the preseason. Where did he have time to develop a problem with his vision?

Worst case scenario: We get a #1, over $7 million in cap space to sign FAs, and have Ben Tate to start.

The Texans win either way. There's no reason to give Foster his big pay day until next year.

Foster could come out week one of the preseason and suffer a career ending neck injury. You never know.

The smart thing is to play your hand as the situation dictates. Right now the smart play is a high RFA tender since you can't lose no matter how the cards fall.
Yes there is. Next year he will be a UFA, and the choice is all his. But signing him now it shows he's wanted here, and will get paid the money has already EARNED, and will earn next year. It's the right thing to do, and it will keep him happy and keep him here. IMO He will walk next year if he has to play on a one year deal with no guranteed money, players need insurance.
Old 02-21-2012   #193
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
What did Kareem Jackson do on that play?
Doh! 2011.

Still not adjusted to the fact that it is 2012.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #194
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because he's just that important to keep. Playing 2012 for 7.7 million ought to keep him motivated to play this year. The 1st round RFA tender is 2.8 million iirc, in which case I would expect him to hold out. I wouldn't blame him for doing so, he's worth much more than that.
Old 02-21-2012   #195
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Because he's just that important to keep. Playing 2012 for 7.7 million ought to keep him motivated to play this year. The 1st round RFA tender is 2.8 million iirc, in which case I would expect him to hold out. I wouldn't blame him for doing so, he's worth much more than that.
The use of the tag doesnt give the guy what he wants , along term deal. Which the team said they would give him if he "Did it again" .... He delivered.

If they tag him , he may walk after the season if the team goes back on their word to give him the long term deal .... I think I would.
You can bet on the Texans getting Foster signed to a long term deal without the use of the tag. The tender just gives them insurance against another team trying to sign him. Im sure Foster understands that. Its not a personel decision but a business decision to protect the GM's ass against another team sneaking in.

I can almost guarantee the Texans tender Foster with the highest grade and the intention of working out a long term contract.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #196
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:

There's no reason to call Schaub and AJ "shaky"? Are you serious?

This isn't minor injuries that they're coming back from.

Schaub's is the most severe. You do understand what it looks like, historically, for an NFL player to attempt a genuine comeback from LisFranc injury? It's virtually impossible.

AJ's injury limits him. Forever. And he is a ticking time bomb on that leg. Period. CnD has made it perfectly clear, since CnD's profession involves this sort of thing, that Andre Johnson is up against a tough set of odds to regain his previous abilities AND to maintain his ability to play a season without further damaging other areas of that leg. He's not the same. The day he went down and they tore off one section of his hamstring, he compromised a bit of himself (though he had no other choice except re-attachment and being gone for good in 2011) and he and everybody else knows that it's not the same AJ we knew prior to 2011. From what I understand, he can still attempt to have it re-attached but who knows if he will do so or what the success would be if he did.

Yeah, I think "shaky" is a good term. They're not hot garbage, but they're not going to be the Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson of old. The hero worship of those two guys needs to be properly held into the context of the physical limitations they are now facing. And if Arian Foster had a similar type of injury in 2012, I'd be saying the same thing about him, as well. It is what it is.

Because we have a shaky or unsettled position at QB and WR1, I'm saying you do the deal with Foster now (not next year) because he will be unrestricted in 2013 if we tag him this year.

This means we'd be paying him for one year in 2012 and in 2013 he can choose wherever he wants to go and we don't get the 1st round compensation for him that you would like to get for losing him. In this scenario, we'd have to actually be hoping that we tender him and get a team to bite the bait THIS year so we get the 1st round compensation for losing him this year...otherwise, we're going to tag him and show what he and his agent will deem as disrespect from the Texans FO, he'll play out 2012 like a mad man and go get an unrestricted offer from some other team in 2013...and we get zilch for it. Oh wait, we get Ben Tate and whoever else is platooning the backfield.

The proposition of gaining a 1st round pick for losing him THIS year is the worst possible scenario that could play out. If it reaches that point, then we've already lost. We'll have to replace Foster somehow or just roll with Tate and use the extra 1st rounder on some other position and PRAY it works out for us. Or bundle the two first rounders and move up to select some Top 5 guy in this year's draft, trying to mitigate the odds of busting on that extra 1st round pick we "gained" by losing Foster.

That's not a gambler's odds, IMO. There's few outs with this scenario.
Old 02-21-2012   #197
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Although this would be the best for us, this would be terrible for Arian. He worked his a** off for this team and led us to our first playoffs berth, and was dominant in the playoffs. He deserves a big contract, but whatever decision we make I hope he doesn't hold out.
Old 02-21-2012   #198
GP 
Go Texans!

If this is an either/or situation between keeping/pleasing Mario or Arian, in other words choosing which guy to build your team around for the next four years, then it's Arian Foster and it's not even a close contest.

Forget all the flowery words from Wade Phillips about Mario and what he "can be" in the 34 defense here. Forget the memories of how Mario beat out RB and VY in the draft and it worked out for us and we have to be loyal to Mario, etc.

What this is about, frankly, is which guy (if both guys need big fat paydays to stay here long-term) needs to stay here the most.

I do not foresee a situation where Texans can pay BOTH guys the big fat contract they understandably are going to desire (correction: that their AGENTS will desire!) and we get to keep other role players like Chris Myers, Neil Rackers, Joel Dreessen, etc.

I don't think it's economically possible to make it happen all in one season. Maybe I am wrong and the money structures by the Texans FO can make it happen, but it seems (to the lay person) like we're between a rock and a hard place. Maybe we're not, but it feels that way right now.
Old 02-21-2012   #199
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Our 2010 1st rounder could do it.

Looks like the CB was about to get a pick 6 had Watt not gotten it.
Old 02-21-2012   #200
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by double barrel View Post
the steelers game last year was indicative of the kind of special rb that we have in arian. Dude made all pro troy polamalu look like a rookie on at least three plays, and one was in the backfield!

No system is going to give a rb the skills to know when to cut, know how to juke out all pro defenders, or the natural afterburner ability we see with foster. He gets into the open field and anything can happen.

Let this guy go and this organization takes a step back, both in terms of talent and public perceptions.
msr
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read