Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92
Default Re: Hats off to the Ravens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
You're drunk. Texans outmatched the Ravens today, ball just didn't bounce our way.
Haha dude you're a joke. In no way did that happen. The better team wins in almost every circumstance. Hopefully, your statement help when you watch ESPN tomorrow.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #22
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not pissed at the Ravens. The Ravens didn't beat us, we beat us.

I hope the Ravens kick the dog **** out of the Brady Bunch next week.
Flacco throwing the TDs doesn't matter right?
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #23
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
That doesn't make sense. Didn't Flacco have 0 turnovers and throw multiple TDs? What else do you want? The NFL is about games won. This isn't fantasy football. This time of the year is where the real teams play. The Texans aren't near that caliber with Yates. Didn't Joe and the Ravens beat the Pats in NE????????? That doesn't matter though right?
You beat the Pats in 2011 at foxborough? Show me where I can find that stat.
Old 01-15-2012   #24
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha dude you're a joke. In no way did that happen. The better team wins in almost every circumstance. Hopefully, your statement help when you watch ESPN tomorrow.
Sure That's why your own message forum is flooded with we got outplayed messages. Go back to Ravens land if you can't have a legitimate discussion. The Ravens are my #2 and even I can see the glaring negatives.

Nate
Old 01-15-2012   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans aren't near that caliber with Yates. Didn't Joe and the Ravens beat the Pats in NE????????? That doesn't matter though right?
Please come back and rub my nose in the Ravens big win next week. I don't think it will happen, because I don't see the Ravens ever winning a championship with Flacco. Which is a shame, because otherwise they are a championship level team.

And you might cut Yates a little slack in his first season with 7 career starts. He'll get another shot at the Ravens, one day.
Old 01-15-2012   #26
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll definitely disagree about talent. The most talented team won. It wasn't hard to see that. Ray still has some left in his tank. Texans put up a good effort but they were over matched.
LOL @ this post.

sorry but i just cant give props to the Ravens for this game. Like someone else said: We lost this game. They didnt win it.

sighs.....
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #27
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll definitely disagree about talent. The most talented team won. It wasn't hard to see that. Ray still has some left in his tank. Texans put up a good effort but they were over matched.
"the most talented team won"..

Umm no sir they did not. We had a 3rd string rookie QB and WE LITERALLY KICKED YOUR FREAKING ASS IN EVERY FACET OF THE GAME!

I'm trying to be nice here with my props towards the Ravens, BUT...

You are completely off your rocker if you think that current Ravens team has more talent. They won the mental game and didn't commit mistakes, but Houston is YOUNGER, Houston is more ATHLETIC, and Houston DEFINITELY had more TALENT! Why the hell do you think your players have a deer caught in headlights look to them in the post game press conferences and are acting like they just escaped after pulling off some coup of the century??? They recognize they are lucky to walk away the victors.

Despite how the final score turned out this was CLEARLY a passing of the torch game. You better maximize this year's opportunity because you won't be getting it again next season. Houston will have a MUCH better defense (hell they even had that this season) and they will be the better team when they get their QB back. Hell outside of 3 throws i couldn't even tell the difference between your starting QB and our 5th round rookie.

P.S.

please tell Flacco to stop crying about recognition from the media...he hasn't deserved it and doesn't deserve it after this game either. The only thing he did in this game was validate the criticism.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-15-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #28
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Sure That's why your own message forum is flooded with we got outplayed messages. Go back to Ravens land if you can't have a legitimate discussion. The Ravens are my #2 and even I can see the glaring negatives.

Nate
You're absolutely right there. Our fans have torn apart every part of our game so far on our boards. Most of us Ravens fans are pretty football savvy, Some have the purple and black blinders on.

Most Ravens fans would agree 100% with you. We did the one thing that we needed to do...Capitalized on the mistakes.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #29
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
You're absolutely right there. Our fans have torn apart every part of our game so far on our boards. Most of us Ravens fans are pretty football savvy, Some have the purple and black blinders on.

Most Ravens fans would agree 100% with you. We did the one thing that we needed to do...Capitalized on the mistakes.
PLEASE go up to Foxborough and kick Tom Bradys' gold bricking ass! I hope you guys go all the way, I'm rooting for ya!
Old 01-15-2012   #30
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tip the ol' cap.

The team with the most points at the end of the game won.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post

It was a tough loss for us.
The Ravens made enough play to win the game.
Thanks for visiting our board.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #32
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
**** off and go home ratbird. We had one absolutely retarded mistake by JJ. A rookie 3 rd string 5th rounder thinking we were wearing purple. And yet had every chance to come away with a win. Enjoy being Brady's *****, cause you showed me very little today. Go home.
Old 01-15-2012   #33
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I posted in the other thread and tipped my hat to the Ravens, I think they are a great team. But saying we were overmatched is ridiculous.

We had 4 turnovers and the Ravens won by 1 score. The muffed punt alone put you insided the 5 and led to the difference in the score. And we missed a FG. Kubiak blew it by not calling a couple of runs after the nice two passes at around 1:45 to go in the 4th. Instead TJ airs it out, horrible play call and decision for the INT. Then we get the ball back and ALMOST tie it up with that hail mary, the ball bounced off of Kevin Walter's shoulder pad before falling incomplete FFS!!!

Arian Foster deserved the ball in that first two minute drill. We had plenty of time and only about 40 yards to go, the defense was on their heels after those two nice passes. Arian was on a roll, he could have tied it up IMHO.

Lastly our defense outplayed, YES OUTPLAYED, the vaunted Ravens defense....period.

But I didn't want to really get into all that (until I saw this post that we were clearly overmatched ha ha ha) because at the end of the day we lost, we couldn't overcome the turnovers and we got beat by a great team. All in all, we are a COMPLETE team, just I said we were to you in another thread.

So, again, I tip my hat to the Ravens, now go make a run and beat the sh*! out of the pats!
Old 01-15-2012   #34
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flacco throwing the TDs doesn't matter right?
How much neg rep does one get before getting banned?? This guy's got to be pushing the limit right?
Old 01-15-2012   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
How much neg rep does one get before getting banned?? This guy's got to be pushing the limit right?
I don't think he cares, he can't even give our team props or honestly assess the actual football that transpired on the field.
Old 01-16-2012   #36
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hats off and also an apology to the Ravens that they had to play the Texans...

NFL Primetime opened with a solid 40 minutes of coverage of the NY-GB game, dissecting every play, post grame interviews and press conferences, etc

seems like they really glossed over our game, not even highlighting half of the big plays that I felt should have been shown to help tell the story of our game, but after 10 minutes, it's back to the NFC game.. utter bullsh!t

So sorry again Ravens, that's what you get when you play the Texans, enjoy some spotlight next wk playing the Pats and, too bad about that 3 hour long special yall missed out on by not playing the Tebows.
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #37
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not giving much credit to the Ravens besides the fact that they actually found points off our turnovers.

We outplayed the **** out of them. Destroyed Flacco, kept Ray Rice in check, ran all over their vaunted D. But you're not going to beat anybody if you throw the ball right to their defenders, and you're not going to beat anybody if you fumble punts and spot them 7 free points.

That's what pisses me off. If you're gonna lose, get BEAT. Don't beat yourselves. This ****ing game created yet another in the pile of "what could have been" BS that I'm going to have to re-think until I'm dead.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #38
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the beginning of a lot of playoff years for the Texans and Yates isn't winning any Superbowl as a rookie. I'm perfectly fine with everything as it stands, dang proud of the Texans as an overall team, and excited about what we can do next year.

Ravens secondary killed our 3rd string QB. That's what happened to us. They weren't even trying to blitz the whole game. Just wanted him to throw it, but nobody was open, and that's where I gotta give the Ravens credit. They chose a smart way to beat us. Gotta look back earlier in the game and pretty much blame the loss on two plays: Jacoby's punt fumble and Yates' first interception, which is the one he could have most easily just not thrown. Those two mishaps don't happen and Arian can have more of his way with the D later in the game, probably with a lead. I now redirect your attention back to the first sentence in this post...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #39
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas might have outplayed the Ravens but the Ravens made fewer mistakes which is what sealed the deal in the end. Despite the ravens poster up top thats an annoying toolbag I still think that the Ravens will beat the patriots, just like I thought the Texans had a good chance to beat them as well. The best way to beat Brady is to not give Brady the TOP to beat you, and Ray Rice is the perfect way to keep him off the field. You could say the same about Foster/Tate as well ya know. Either way, good game.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #40
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hats off to the Ravens for getting lucky and not getting us at our best.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read