Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hats off to the Ravens...

Hats off to them. They weren't the most talented team today (talent doesn't always win...experience goes a LONG WAY..experience WINS in this league and we lacked it), but they definitely were the smartest (0 TOs not one penalty) and you can tell the past playoff experience and veteran leadership REALLY served them well today.

I'm actually proud of my team. Teams don't usually break through and win it all when they first get in....you have to taste defeat (and get that postseason experience) before you get the ring. Despite a loss the Texans represented this city very well and we'll have to be reckoned with next year. Also the experience we gained today will only pay dividends in the future... Texan fans don't fret, the corner HAS BEEN TURNED

And hats off to Ray Lewis.. People can say whatever they want about what he did or didn't do in the past, but this league will miss him when he hangs up the cleats that's for sure. Who else is going to reach out to young players league wide the way that he does? you can tell EVERYBODY respects him regardless of what team he plays for. If the NFL had to pick captains to represent the entire league and not just a team..he would definitely be wearing a capital "C".
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hats off to the Ravens...

Oh yeah.. and don't get too worried Raven fans. I'm sure Rice will get back on track. His performance had more to do with Houston's defense than it did with Rice. This is no B.S. Houston has the BEST front 7 in the NFL.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

they will lose to the Pats
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnbni99a View Post
Maybe but its going to be a good game. Baltimore is no Denver, thats for sure. I won't be shocked if they pull it out.
Old 01-15-2012   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
I dunno man. Their antennas are up when they play on the road.
Old 01-15-2012   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't see it that way.. I think they'll beat the hell out of the Pats. Defense (as well as a running game) counts for something in the playoffs and the Pats don't have one (and their biggest weakness on that defense in the secondary... Flacco is going to get off as well will Rice) The Ravens offense will not play this bad against the Pats.
Old 01-15-2012   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I've been saying since the game ended, no shame in losing just plenty of disappointment. We put the league on notice today. We're not that cupcake team everyone still thinks we are. Our D will punch you in the mouth and our O will run all over you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #8
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Hats off to them. They weren't the most talented team today (talent doesn't always win...experience goes a LONG WAY..experience WINS in this league and we lacked it), but they definitely were the smartest (0 TOs not one penalty) and you can tell the past playoff experience and veteran leadership REALLY served them well today.

I'm actually proud of my team. Teams don't usually break through and win it all when they first get in....you have to taste defeat (and get that postseason experience) before you get the ring. Despite a loss the Texans represented this city very well and we'll have to be reckoned with next year. Also the experience we gained today will only pay dividends in the future... Texan fans don't fret, the corner HAS BEEN TURNED

And hats off to Ray Lewis.. People can say whatever they want about what he did or didn't do in the past, but this league will miss him when he hangs up the cleats that's for sure. Who else is going to reach out to young players league wide the way that he does? you can tell EVERYBODY respects him regardless of what team he plays for. If the NFL had to pick captains to represent the entire league and not just a team..he would definitely be wearing a capital "C".
Love Ray Lewis, Reed, Suggs, and Boldin. Will be screaming against the Brady's this next week. I don't see them beating NE though.
Old 01-15-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not pissed at the Ravens. The Ravens didn't beat us, we beat us.

I hope the Ravens kick the dog **** out of the Brady Bunch next week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

After our 2010 season, it irritates me that the Pats have a bad pass D and continue to win just because they got lucky many years ago on a 6th round QB. Getting tired of Brady making a bad team look good. Matter of fact, it's kinda like the Peyton Manning in that other division. Hope the Ravens knock the snot outta them.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm willing to go all in saying this is the toughest team we will play the rest of the way. Difficult because there is a chance we could bump into the 49ers again in the SB this time (but one game at a time, have to get past the Pats first).

We beat the Brady's in their own house 2 years ago in the playoffs. We can do it again.

They have no defense to speak of, and our strategy is different playing them. Today we sat back and never really put the heat on TJ. I'd bet the gameplan was exactly as it played out on D for us. Sit back and bait him into some bad throws for INT's.

The gameplan against NE is passrush passrush passrush. The best way to beat Brady is to get in his face, and hit him all day long.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
I'm willing to go all in saying this is the toughest team we will play the rest of the way. Difficult because there is a chance we could bump into the 49ers again in the SB this time (but one game at a time, have to get past the Pats first).

We beat the Brady's in their own house 2 years ago in the playoffs. We can do it again.

They have no defense to speak of, and our strategy is different playing them. Today we sat back and never really put the heat on TJ. I'd bet the gameplan was exactly as it played out on D for us. Sit back and bait him into some bad throws for INT's.

The gameplan against NE is pass rush pass rush pass rush. The best way to beat Brady is to get in his face, and hit him all day long.
I think whoever wins this game on fox will be the team y'all face in the SB and after what Ray had to say today, y'all are the team I'll root for in this year's playoffs now that we're out or it.
Old 01-15-2012   #13
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I dunno. The Gronk is a amazing player, he can beat a team by himself. Will be an interesting matchup. Ravens deff have the guys to slow down Gronk.

I give props to the Ravens of course. To hold onto a 4 point lead as long as they did deserves that. Had the Texans just fired off a few FGs they couldn't even get that.

Edit: Pulling for the Ravens though, that way I can say the team we lost to nobody else beat :P
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, we outplayed them, but they did the one thing that experienced, successful teams must do to win in this league: eliminate mistakes.

Zero penalties and zero turnovers is the mark of a savvy, playoff team. 4 turnovers is the mark of a young, talented, but inexperienced team.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes.

I love the way Lewis and Reed play the game. True leaders and HOFers. But, they're dragged down by Joe Flacco at QB. On a lesser team, he would have gone David Carr by now. The Ravens need to stop kidding themselves and bring in another QB. Flacco won't win in Foxboro, this year.
Old 01-15-2012   #16
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I agree, we outplayed them, but they did the one thing that experienced, successful teams must do to win in this league: eliminate mistakes.

Zero penalties and zero turnovers is the mark of a savvy, playoff team. 4 turnovers is the mark of a young, talented, but inexperienced team.
They did fumble the ball at least 3 times and we fumbled twice. There were 5fumbles(if i remember right) they came up with 4 of them. The ball did'nt bounce our way. They made plays and we did'nt, they got the breaks and we did'nt. We had Jacoby on our team and they did'nt. Those are the reason's we lost.
Old 01-15-2012   #17
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:

I'll definitely disagree about talent. The most talented team won. It wasn't hard to see that. Ray still has some left in his tank. Texans put up a good effort but they were over matched.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #18
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
I don't see it that way.. I think they'll beat the hell out of the Pats. Defense (as well as a running game) counts for something in the playoffs and the Pats don't have one (and their biggest weakness on that defense in the secondary... Flacco is going to get off as well will Rice) The Ravens offense will not play this bad against the Pats.
The Pats offense looks unstoppable. The D is still suspect, but if the O clicks like that it's hard to keep up with them point for point.
Old 01-15-2012   #19
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
I'll definitely disagree about talent. The most talented team won. It wasn't hard to see that. Ray still has some left in his tank. Texans put up a good effort but they were over matched.
You're drunk. Texans outmatched the Ravens today, ball just didn't bounce our way.
Old 01-15-2012   #20
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes.

I love the way Lewis and Reed play the game. True leaders and HOFers. But, they're dragged down by Joe Flacco at QB. On a lesser team, he would have gone David Carr by now. The Ravens need to stop kidding themselves and bring in another QB. Flacco won't win in Foxboro, this year.
That doesn't make sense. Didn't Flacco have 0 turnovers and throw multiple TDs? What else do you want? The NFL is about games won. This isn't fantasy football. This time of the year is where the real teams play. The Texans aren't near that caliber with Yates. Didn't Joe and the Ravens beat the Pats in NE????????? That doesn't matter though right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read