Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default The Players who deserve props thread

Offense:
The Oline: keeping Yates' jersey clean for the most part against the Ravens is an incredible feat. Arian Fosters good game is another tribute to this unit. Special shout out to Duane Brown and Chris Myers, Brown for keeping Suggs quiet, and Myers for not completely collapsing in the middle like I was afraid he'd do.

Arian Foster: Overall amazing performance for the Australian Stud. Really nothing needs to be said.

Andre Johnson: Not only making good clutch catches throughout the game, he saved about 3 other INTs from happening.

TJ Yates: Tough break rookie. While he didn't have a good game, it wasn't awful and at times he played fairly well. I'm listing him only because this was a great oppurtunity for him to get playoff experience and he didn't fold, showed poise, leadership and ability throughout the whole game

Defense:

The Whole Unit: Its going to be hard to single out guys today

Rookies JJ Watt and Brooks Reed: Amazing performance by the rookies, especially Watt. Made alot of people notice him today

Demeco Ryans: I don't know about you guys, but I thought Ryans was playing HUUUUGGGEEE today.

The FA's JJo and Daniel Manning: great coverage all day when thrown to. The whole secondary made it tough for Flacco to complete passes today. Manning's big return gave us great early moment too bad ..... no not in this thread

Dobbins: Made a huge stop on 4th and a foot at the goalline.
Old 01-15-2012   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Players who deserve props thread

Guess no one gets props, So a complete roster turnover next season
Old 01-15-2012   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Best performance by our o-line I have ever seen. We have run the ball that well in the past but never against a defense like this and honestly as well as we ran it the pass protection was better. Yates had a Brady-like pocket on almost every throw he made against a team with 48 sacks in the regular season.
Old 01-15-2012   #4
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with everyone you listed except Yates. I think he has a future, but it's he blew drive after drive today with bad passes. He looked like a 5th round rookie today, plain and simple.

Many will disagree, but I think Kareem Jackson deserve some props. He has shown vast improvement this season and despite being the victim of some perfect throws/above and beyond WR play has really shown up when it counted (the playoffs).
Old 01-15-2012   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I agree with everyone you listed except Yates. I think he has a future, but it's he blew drive after drive today with bad passes. He looked like a 5th round rookie today, plain and simple.

Many will disagree, but I think Kareem Jackson deserve some props. He has shown vast improvement this season and despite being the victim of some perfect throws/above and beyond WR play has really shown up when it counted (the playoffs).
I think Jackson had a solid game. The long passes that got completed were just amazing catches. Boldin and Evans are damn good receivers.

The defense as a unit was out standing except they didn't cause any turnovers.

Foster is a F'N stud.

AJ was spectacular.

Our O-Line was outstanding.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Totally agree about Jackson. He had awesome coverage on some of the balls completed against him this afternoon. I might as well mention the obvious ones: Watt, Reed, Ryans, Joseph, Manning, etc.. Practically the whole defense played awesome today.

On offense? The O-Line gave Yates all day to throw the football. Brown-Smith-Myers-Brisiel-Winston played outstanding. T.J. Yates wasn't sacked once. Of course I have to mention Foster. That was the first time the Ravens have allowed a player to reach 100 yards rushing against them in the playoffs. Ever.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i give our offensive line (minus caldwell) props, they were stout all game. how the entire unit isnt in the probowl is a travesty, easily the best line in football - and brown destroyed arguably the best rusher in the league.

the entire defense gets a game ball from me. coverage was suffocating, resulting in coverage sacks and breakups. linebackers persuit was uncanny and held the this season's top runningback to squat. and our line was the force it's been all season, fundamentally sound and unrelenting. and the best Christmas present i got this year was a JJ Watt jersey ... i've spread the word since preseason to everyone i know - this kid is special.
Old 01-15-2012   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

J Jo for shutting down Tori Smith, and JJ for just being a beast.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

For today?

The entire defense.

Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and the entire offensive line.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I agree about Ryans. He was a beast today (last week as well) hopefully the guy is back. He played really smart, filled his gap most of the time, and flew to the ball. Looked a lot like DROY Demeco that we all come to love.

Him, Cushing, Mario, Reed, Barwin. Texans have the best group of LBs in the NFL and it isn't even close.
fiasco west is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

not a player but, wade phillips
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
not a player but, wade phillips
truth. MR Wade Phillips, aka Son of Bum, aka GURU ... is perfect for the texans. the draft, free agents, scheme, leadership, presence, and most importantly his teaching is how we got here. without him we'd have collapsed to 4 wins because schaub and andre werent able to put the team on their shoulders to 8-9 wins.

the man toughed it out on the sidelines today though i'm sure every doctor protested it, and his guys responded.
Old 01-15-2012   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Guess no one gets props, So a complete roster turnover next season
I posted this on the gameday thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan
My game balls go to:

1. J.J. Watt: dude was a beast all day long
2. Arian Foster: He came to play today and it showed if he only had some help.
3. Duane Brown: Did anyone hear the name "T-Sizzle" today?? Duane shut his famed pass rush down. No sacks. No QB hits. In fact, you could give a ball to the whole O-line. They kept Yates' jersey clean all day. Too bad he didn't have the experience to take advantage of it.
4. Andre Johnson: 8 grabs for 111 yds. Despite being doubled most of the day.

did I miss anyone?
I cannot give T.J. Yates any props today. He's got, what six games under his belt and he's still staring down receivers?? Okay, maybe 6 games isn't enough. But didn't he run this same offense in college?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
J Jo for shutting down Tori Smith, and JJ for just being a beast.
Damn....
Just how many sigs DO you have?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones did an excellent job of showing us why he needs to find another job.

I'll tell you somebody else who actually does deserve some props is Gary Kubiak for getting us this far with a 3rd string QB. I know he didn't look so terribly smart today, but it's him that got us Foster, Schaub, a coached up Yates, Tate, the best O-line in the NFL, Daniels, Walter, probably Ryans, etc. It's also him that brought us the ZBS that I've scorned in the past but is now giving us an almost unstoppable running game with killer fake hand-offs and bootlegs. I'd praise him more if he hadn't asked our kicker to make a 50 yard FG that's about 10 yards past his abilities today, LOL.

I'd also make a very long post about Wade Phillips, but I don't wanna copy everybody else.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I cannot give T.J. Yates any props today. He's got, what six games under his belt and he's still staring down receivers?? Okay, maybe 6 games isn't enough. But didn't he run this same offense in college?
I can't imagine the offense was completely the same. I'm guessing it was similar to what the Texans run, but a dumbed down version. He never faced NFL defense in college though, and 6 games isn't enough to get used to that.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates was awful today. Accounted for 4 TOs and maybe should have been at least 2-3 more
Old 01-15-2012   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:

I'll concede both points. Nothing bad to say about KJ today

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read