Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An honest assessment from a diehard Ravens fan

I think the Texans had a performance in the playoffs (vs Cincinnati & at Baltimore) that leaves me feeling like we'll be back in the near future so I'm not anywhere near as upset by this game as I might have been. When you get down to your third QB you're obviously going to suffer. That he was a rookie just made things worse.

We'll be back next year. I'm sure of it.
Old 01-15-2012   #22
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
You are the one that needs to step off. You are out of line.

Just man-up and apologize.
Ok, If I was rude to him I'm sorry and to g.black - sorry for being personal.

However, that first post is how I felt - so that is what I typed.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #23
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree wit the OP

Schaubs injury doomed us...but EF it. it is what it is....
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #24
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
I'm pissed and not in the mood to be gracious. Now if you can't understand that, no one can.
I can understand that right now. Trust me we aren't here to annoy and rub it in.

I think many Ravens fans actually LIKE the Texans as a team and after this game we'll like them a lot more. They are built the same as us. Play great Defense, run the ball, pass when required but lay it all on the line.

I personally will be cheering for the Texans, when they aren't playing the Ravens of course.

In my book your whole Defense "Played like a Raven" today.

I can't even fault TJ as a rookie for most of his INT's. Webb has shown this year he is one of the best cover corners in the league, and Ed Reed is...well Ed Reed. He got baited into some bad throws. Experience will eliminate some of those, not all because even the Top QB's get baited into bad throws.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #25
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's cool. I am disappointed that the Texans lost, too. But that does not mean it is OK for us to take that out on other posters, especially visitors that are behaving in a gracious manner.

Thank you for doing the right thing here.

MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #26
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not ready for condolences from the Ravens just yet .....
Old 01-15-2012   #27
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think the Texans had a performance in the playoffs (vs Cincinnati & at Baltimore) that leaves me feeling like we'll be back in the near future so I'm not anywhere near as upset by this game as I might have been. When you get down to your third QB you're obviously going to suffer. That he was a rookie just made things worse.

We'll be back next year. I'm sure of it.
I agree. The only thing that really sucks is our season is over. I really enjoyed watching our defense play ball. Watt, Barwin, Reed, Cushing.

Now there is an emptiness inside.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #28
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 92530 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

edited

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #29
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Seriously man. My 8 year old didn't act like this and he was pissed that we lost. Grow up, you look like an ass right now.

Mike
I already apologized and am getting over it. Thanks for keeping this going.
Old 01-15-2012   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, I gave you negative rep for that post. I chose to express my dislike for it that way instead of replying in here and talking to you like you were an angry baby (because I've "posted while pissed" myself). I personally don't value the rep system very much so if that made you feel bad then I'm sorry. I thought it was preferable to talking to you about it in the thread. Guess not.
Old 01-15-2012   #31
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't be an ass if you don't want people calling you out. If you're that pissed off, stay away from all things Texans, it's just gonna make you mad.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #32
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 92530 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team isn't going anywhere. The good thing is that we have one hole to fill this offseason. Other than that we are building depth and adding to our strengths. A lot of poise was shown by the entire team today. (Sans the guy who tried to field that punt)...

I feel better about this team than I have about any team at any point in Houston football history. Anyone remember when we lost to the Sonics in 93? The feeling you had going away from that series, like we have a shot to do some great things... That is what I walk away from this year. We have so many young players on both sides of the ball... The teens will be our decade, mark my words.

Mike

Old 01-15-2012   #33
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yes, I gave you negative rep for that post. I chose to express my dislike for it that way instead of replying in here and talking to you like you were an angry baby (because I've "posted while pissed" myself). I personally don't value the rep system very much so if that made you feel bad then I'm sorry. I thought it was preferable to talking to you about it in the thread. Guess not.
I'm over that too Herv-I deserve it anyway. I'm signing off. I'll remember to not post when angry in the future.
Old 01-15-2012   #34
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Didn't see all of that. took like 3 mins to post... i'm updating real slow. I deleted my comment so if you want to delete your quote it is gone.

Mike

Old 01-15-2012   #35
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It just goes to show two things .

1. You have to play clean in the playoffs especially on the road .

2. The Texans' with a rookie QB were almost good enough to overcome a killer mistake and several others .

The good news is we are in the tweeking mode and not in the building mode .
Old 01-15-2012   #36
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
This team isn't going anywhere. The good thing is that we have one hole to fill this offseason. Other than that we are building depth and adding to our strengths. A lot of poise was shown by the entire team today. (Sans the guy who tried to field that punt)...

I feel better about this team than I have about any team at any point in Houston football history. Anyone remember when we lost to the Sonics in 93? The feeling you had going away from that series, like we have a shot to do some great things... That is what I walk away from this year. We have so many young players on both sides of the ball... The teens will be our decade, mark my words.

Mike
Ugh the only downside is that all Houston sports fans have to look forward to is the Rockets getting yet another 14 pick (or sneaking into the 8th spot) and the Astros stinking it up.....looong time till football season again
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey! I got a great idea! Let's hammer on each other! That should make the offseason go faster.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #38
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hey! I got a great idea! Let's hammer on each other! That should make the offseason go faster.
Kiss my @$$, Thorn.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

It sure is a helluva lot nicer to be "what if"ing after a close loss in the divisional round of the playoffs than not being in the playoffs at all or getting blown out, like it was looking in the 1st qtr.
I'm very proud of my team and what was accomplished this year.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I'm not ready for condolences from the Ravens just yet .....
Well, grow up.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read