Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An honest assessment from a diehard Ravens fan

The two glaring reasons the Texans lost were Jacoby and Yates. And in my eyes, Yates gets a pass. He never played with a lead, he was under a lot of mental pressure playing in his first road playoff game, and he was playing against a good defense (although at times it did not look like it) at their house.

Had Schaub been healthy, I think the Texans would have won by 10.

No matter. Foster is a beast, as is AJ. Your defense is about as tough as they come. All-in-all, Houston stood tall today. I know losing sucks (I've been there three years straight and may be there again next Sunday), but for the Texans first-ever post-season, they made the rest of the NFL stand up and take notice.

Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: An honest assessment from a diehard Ravens fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
The two glaring reasons the Texans lost were Jacoby and Yates. And in my eyes, Yates gets a pass. He never played with a lead, he was under a lot of mental pressure playing in his first road playoff game, and he was playing against a good defense (although at times it did not look like it) at their house.
That's pretty much my assessment.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No matter. Foster is a beast, as is AJ. Your defense is about as tough as they come. All-in-all, Houston stood tall today. I know losing sucks (I've been there three years straight and may be there again next Sunday), but for the Texans first-ever post-season, they made the rest of the NFL stand up and take notice.

Blah, blah, mf'n blah, blah

Tell me something I don't already know.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans played better than the Ravens today but 4 turnovers is impossible to overcome. Good luck next week against the Pats and I hope Ed Reed is able to play.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks bro. Good luck in bean town
Old 01-15-2012   #6
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

GL next week and I also hope Reed comes back healthy for you. The guy is an NFL legend.
Old 01-15-2012   #7
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Close to a perfect assessment of the game. We were the much better defense today, if B-more fans can't admit it they're just as drunk as we are. With Schaub under center and no pressure we easily make big drives. Schaub is clutch without pressure (as are most qb's) and would have won by 11-13.

Bottom line, we lost. We gave up the ball 4 times and lost. The L is the only stat that matters.
Old 01-15-2012   #8
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the straight talk, I agree with your assessment and will be pulling for y'all next week in new england.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post

quit being a sore loser.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with you. It sux ball sax right now, but at least we made a game out of it after falling behind so far. Damn Jacoby Jones.

Quote:

Pretty chicken**** to be that rude. Daravenator has been making some good posts and is being very gracious in victory. Try to show some in defeat.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
thanks for the straight talk, I agree with your assessment and will be pulling for y'all next week in new england.

quit being a sore loser.
Worry about yourself bro. Don't worry about me. My comments stand.
Old 01-15-2012   #11
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Ravens D should get some major props though. They held onto a 4 point lead for like...what more than half the game? Applause for that. Of course with Matt it would have been different but next year I guess. Just hope we don't run into Haynesworth who always falls on the guy and hurts him somehow.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I agree with you. It sux ball sax right now, but at least we made a game out of it after falling behind so far. Damn Jacoby Jones.

Pretty chicken**** to be that rude. Daravenator has been making some good posts and is being very gracious in victory. Try to show some in defeat.
I'm pissed and not in the mood to be gracious. Now if you can't understand that, no one can.
Old 01-15-2012   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm pissed and not in the mood to be gracious. Now if you can't understand that, no one can.
Go cry in a corner or sign off.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Worry about yourself bro. Don't worry about me. My comments stand.
Bitter Beer Face

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #15
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
GL next week and I also hope Reed comes back healthy for you. The guy is an NFL legend.
I have watched Reed since The U. Although he may have lost a step this season, and his tackling wasn't up to par due to his neck injury, he has a nose for the ball. He is a sure-fire first ballot lock for Canton. I hope he can come back healthy for next week more for his sake. I know he wants a ring, and although even winning next week is no guarantee, you certainly won't get one if you never make it to the SB.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #16
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Go cry in a corner or sign off.
Did you come up with that by yourself or did mommy help you with that. Step off child.
Old 01-15-2012   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Right on man! Thanks.

Go Pats!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you come up with that by yourself or did mommy help you with that. Step off child.
Or grow up...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #19
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are the one that needs to step off. You are out of line.

Just man-up and apologize.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Or grow up...
wow, a new best friend. Thx

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read