Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Superbowl win or bust next season.

Calling before offseason acquisitions. With this team we can win it all.

Kubiak and Wade are a great coaching tandem.
Defense is still going to be top 5.
Offense is going to be top 5 - sign a number 2 reciever please!
Special teams is good - Be better without Jacoby.
Resign Arian and Mario.

Superbowl.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Superbowl win or bust next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post

Resign Arian and Mario.

Superbowl.

You are right. We are going to the Superbowl next season.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Bowl or bust next season.

We have the talent. We just need to execute.

The injuries and glaring hole in the WR core certainly didn't help us this year, but we can address that in the offseason. Go Texans.
Old 01-15-2012   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all about Schaubs health. If he goes down again, then I don't expect a Super Bowl.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
It's all about Schaubs health. If he goes down again, then I don't expect a Super Bowl.
Yup. Superbowl or bust doesn't fly for me - too many unknowns. Schaub or Foster goes down - we're a different team.

We do, however have every chance of making the big game, with this group of players we have here.
Old 01-15-2012   #6
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yates with a year of experience and an offseason will be pretty good.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
You are right. We are going to the Superbowl next season.
I see what you did there...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yates with a year of experience and an offseason will be an excellent turn over machine; right now he's just a good turn over machine
fixed
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it should ever be superbowl or bust. You put a lot of pressure on the team when you put those expectations out as a fanbase/city.

Too much is put on winning championships IMO. I just want the team to be a highly respectable franchise. AFC South though, I think we should win that next year again no doubt. With Manning in the division it will be harder.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He plays an important factor. However, we now have a backup qb with playoff experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Yup. Superbowl or bust doesn't fly for me - too many unknowns. Schaub or Foster goes down - we're a different team.

We do, however have every chance of making the big game, with this group of players we have here.
Disagree. With a rookie qb and a punt returner sabatoging the team we have one of the best coaching duos in the nfl, one of the best defenses and offenses. We should be in contention for the Superbowl and settling for anything else is settling for mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yates with a year of experience and an offseason will be pretty good.
As a backup. This game proved to me Yates needs to hold the clipboard a little longer and then he will be ready to start full time. Schaub may not be mobile, but he is a top ten qb.
Old 01-15-2012   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all about everyone's health.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I don't think it should ever be superbowl or bust. You put a lot of pressure on the team when you put those expectations out as a fanbase/city.

Too much is put on winning championships IMO. I just want the team to be a highly respectable franchise. AFC South though, I think we should win that next year again no doubt. With Manning in the division it will be harder.
Bingo. All I ask is that we win the division again and get another chance at the playoffs with Schaub under center and a dejected, morbidly obese Jacoby Jones watching from the break room of a Walmart in Louisiana.
Old 01-15-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Really, there are a lot of things that can happen between then & now. I'm looking forward to next season no doubt, but I felt something special sometime early this season as our players were falling down. Something that assured me this would be A special season.

I don't know that we can recapture that again. On paper, I agree we'll run the table, but this game ain't played on paper.
Old 01-15-2012   #14
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

knowing houston teams you never know with how unlucky we are with injuries

tmac/yao
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #15
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Resign Arian and Mario.

Superbowl.

not to be ass but did you see what happened to the saints. not easy winning titles. ask peyton.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #16
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Bingo. All I ask is that we win the division again and get another chance at the playoffs with Schaub under center and a dejected, morbidly obese Jacoby Jones watching from the break room of a Walmart in Louisiana.
People put too much into winning it all. To be a champion takes luck, and we obviously did not have luck this year...and by luck I don't mean that guy going to Indy...

You know what would be worse? If the team went to the superbowl, loss, then faded back into mediocrity...sounds familiar? I want a consistently great team though. Winning the division should always be something you can be proud of. It's not easy to do as we should know.
Old 01-15-2012   #17
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
knowing houston teams you never know with how unlucky we are with injuries

tmac/yao
And Roger Clemens in the World Series.

For a city with so many good doctors and hospitals we sure can't sign any to keep our players healthy.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a consistent contender with the chance to capitalize on one or two years EVERY day over a one(or two)-hit-wonder year where we put everything into winning the title and failed like the Jets.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #19
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Bowl is definitely the goal, but even if we don't I'd like to solidify ourselves a winning, tough as nails organization for years to come. I believe we are built to last, but there have been far too many flashes in the pan in recent years. Next year I hope to see us further engrave the winning culture in Houston.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'll take a consistent contender with the chance to capitalize on one or two years EVERY day over a one(or two)-hit-wonder year where we put everything into winning the title and failed like the Jets.
Yep, this.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #20
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Or what about the Cardinals? What about the Titans that were good one year with a dominant defense with Haynesworth than faded back into mediocrity.

I'll always be happy if the team makes the playoffs consistently because then they always have a shot to make a run for it. Plus they will get bigger FAs because guys will see the team as a winning franchise.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read