Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3 reasons the Texans lost

1-Jacoby Jones game changing muff in the 1st quarter. That 1 play cost the Texans momentum after they held the Ravens to a 3 and out.

2-TJ Yates. He should have been pulled and Delhomme put in in the 2nd half. 4 int and a couple more that should have been picked. I'm sorry but the rookie was over matched looking at the Ravens 3-4 defense.

3-Kubiak-Stubborn to a fault. Tj is my guy. Oh Yeah. Then why did you sign Delhomme and Garcia. Moral support? He is a dumbass head coach that is in over his head and always gets out coached when it matters.

I am proud of the Texans. They played their ass off. It is ashamed that Kubiak will be given an extension though. He continues to bumble his way through big games. He was only on this stage today because of Wade. Sorry TK but your sunshine for Kubiak is overshadowing your good judgement of football. He can't make big time decisions. Our defense played lights out and was let down by Kubiak. The Ravens didn't beat the Texans. The Texans were beat by bad decisions by their own coach.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 reasons the Texans lost

Totally disagree on pulling TJ.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
1-Jacoby Jones game changing muff in the 1st quarter. That 1 play cost the Texans momentum after they held the Ravens to a 3 and out.

2-TJ Yates. He should have been pulled and Delhomme put in in the 2nd half. 4 int and a couple more that should have been picked. I'm sorry but the rookie was over matched looking at the Ravens 3-4 defense.

3-Kubiak-Stubborn to a fault. Tj is my guy. Oh Yeah. Then why did you sign Delhomme and Garcia. Moral support? He is a dumbass head coach that is in over his head and always gets out coached when it matters.

I am proud of the Texans. They played their ass off. It is ashamed that Kubiak will be given an extension though. He continues to bumble his way through big games. He was only on this stage today because of Wade. Sorry TK but your sunshine for Kubiak is overshadowing your good judgement of football. He can't make big time decisions. Our defense played lights out and was let down by Kubiak. The Ravens didn't beat the Texans. The Texans were beat by bad decisions by their own coach.
exactly what did we expect from a rookie. i dont blame tj, hes a 5th rd pick and his inexperience showed. delhomme should have been getting prepared since the reg. season. i blame the person that refused to put him out there. his experience would have given us the best shot in this game.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

My three reason are

1.Jacoby Jones
2.Jacoby Jones
3.Jacoby Jones
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are my 3...

1: Turnover
2: Turnover
3: Turnover

and her is one to grow on...

TURNOVER.....

That is why they lost, end of discussion....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I don't blame TJ. Its a tough defense, and he was put in tough positions by other people on offense not stepping up and helping him out. Arian and AJ were the only ones on offense (besides the Oline) that played at a pro-level imo. While I'll need rewatch the game to confirm it to myself, I feel only 2 of his picks at most were his fault and the other ones were just products of the sitution
Old 01-15-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame that idiotic play call on first down with 1:52 left in the fourth. Why go for the bomb there? We were moving the ball well and had plenty of time to score.
Old 01-15-2012   #8
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3474 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

If we wanted to guarantee a loss, putting in a league washout backup retiree who's been on the roster about a month into a road game against a veteran defense sounds like a good plan.

In case we forget WHY Delhomme was out of football, lets remember his famous 5 INT playoff performance. No thanks. I will take TJ every time and next year he will grow into a quality backup while Jake goes back to his farm.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1002 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
1-Jacoby Jones game changing muff in the 1st quarter. That 1 play cost the Texans momentum after they held the Ravens to a 3 and out. Agree 100 %, however we did play our way back into the game. But JJ hasn't panned out and I think we have to eat the cap loss if any due to his contract

2-TJ Yates. He should have been pulled and Delhomme put in in the 2nd half. 4 int and a couple more that should have been picked. I'm sorry but the rookie was over matched looking at the Ravens 3-4 defense. I disagree, Delhomme has no chemistry with the team and we were in this game til the very end.

3-Kubiak-Stubborn to a fault. Tj is my guy. Oh Yeah. Then why did you sign Delhomme and Garcia. Moral support? He is a dumbass head coach that is in over his head and always gets out coached when it matters. Again I disagree, Delhomme and Garcia were signed because we had NO ONE else to back up Yates...they were not going to play unless injury dictated it
I feel your frustrations we had this game!!!!
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

why are people so certain delhomme would have been better?

yates got us here

yates has more chemistry with the players

he knows the playbook more

he's a rookie on the road against a really good defense. it is what it is.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
If we wanted to guarantee a loss, putting in a league washout backup retiree who's been on the roster about a month into a road game against a veteran defense sounds like a good plan.

In case we forget WHY Delhomme was out of football, lets remember his famous 5 INT playoff performance. No thanks. I will take TJ every time and next year he will grow into a quality backup while Jake goes back to his farm.
He didn't look too washed up when Kubiak threw him to the dogs with our 2nd and 3rd stringers against the Titans. Yates was way over matched today and it didn't take any kind of genius to recognize it.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

titans @ home =/= ravens on the road
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #13
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree on all points.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

jacoby jones

injuries

injuries

andre is a beast but was slow as molasses out there, and as much as i love the kid, we were in trouble with a 5th round 3rd string rookie trying to take on the baltimore defense. yates shouldnt have been in there, and threw 7 interceptions, but that's the cards we were dealt. caldwell being in hurt a couple drives, and mario very well makes a great defense today into one that forces a turnover or few.

even still, this is a game we dominated and stood to drive home without the jacoby fumble and complete ineptitude returning punts (and a black hole at receiver).
Old 01-15-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Bckey. What?

Forget about everything that happened in the first three qtrs. unless we're blown out the way the Broncos were yesterday, it don't matter.

We were in the game until the last snap, so all the miscues, the turnovers, the negative plays were overcame & accounted for by positive plays, good football & sound decisions.

We had two opportunities to tie the game in the end. Several opportunities to take the lead as well. We had some execution problems in that 4th qtr, some need to step it up a notch problems that did not happen on the offensive side of the ball.

Blame, I blame youth & a lack of talent. We've been putting so much tAlent on the defensive side of the ball it should be no surprise what happened today.

Where was OD? Where was Dressen?

If you were expecting Delhomme to come in & save the day, you need another shot of koolaide.
Old 01-15-2012   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

There are 2 reasons...... We have an dummy returning punts for us who does nothing for us consistently in the passing game. Some one remind me against why we gave this clown 10 mil?

And number 2...... We went into battle with a rookie who made typical rookie mistakes. The worst of them was the INT to Ed Reed in the 4th. You have to understand the situation there and he just isn't ready. I don't fault him because he's done a great job to get us there. Its just one of those things. I'm still proud as hell of the kid for battling for us.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 31542 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
titans @ home =/= ravens on the road
Dude I totally agree. Delhomme at home against a piss poor titans defense is not Del-nome-name against B-more on the road.

Just inexperience and Jacoby. Honestly if Jacoby just recovers that and we make 3 points off the drive we don't kill momentum and probably go on to win that game.

Nate
Old 01-15-2012   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Honorable mention: Ray Lewis, Ed Reed
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #19
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post

Hit it out of the park on this one. Rep
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post

Yep.

And don't forget Rackers missing a FG that gave the Ravens the ball on the 40.

Our special teams play pretty much screwed us from top to bottom.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read