Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Time to talk offseason

With the weaknesses at WR and CB with the Texans up against the cap, there will need to be a few cap casualties. Don't forget Foster has to get paid too. Name em and why. I'll go first...

Mario Williams. It was Mario's bad luck he got injured. His injury gave Brooks Reed an opportunity and he made the best of it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to talk offseason

WR and a true #2 CB are our biggest needs. I'm too bummed to talk specific right now though.

But pay Foster. Pay the man, Rick.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut ties with Jacoby Jones. Need I say more?

...and hopefully a new S&C coach?
Old 01-15-2012   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

WR... WR... Another CB and another kicker.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I liked the progress of McCain, McMannis, and KJ this season. although it took KJ much longer than the other 2. Isn't Allen a FA in the offseason? He may or may not walk, and hopefully Brandon Harris has been getting coached up while he's watched this defense play outstanding like
Old 01-15-2012   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am wondering if we need to trade Mario this season to keep things together enough to make a run with a healthy Schaub.

I really like Mario, but you have to make some tough calls.

We really need another playmaking WR.

I imagine we might have seen the last of Dreessen too. He has played well this year and with the emergence of the TE position this year, he might end up getting more than we can pay.
Old 01-15-2012   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
With the weaknesses at WR and CB with the Texans up against the cap, there will need to be a few cap casualties. Don't forget Foster has to get paid too. Name em and why. I'll go first...

Mario Williams. It was Mario's bad luck he got injured. His injury gave Brooks Reed an opportunity and he made the best of it.
This thinking just doesn't make sense to me. If you want this defense to be what we think it should be, you add a Mario Williams, you don't subtract one. If you don't resign him, then an outside pass rusher becomes imperative in the upcoming draft. 1st or 2nd round.

Instead, let the freak'n GM do his job & manage the cap, sign Mario & get us 3 or 4 offensive studs in this upcoming draft.

We'll blow the doors off the NFL next season.
Old 01-15-2012   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not yet ... I'm just not ready for anything yet.

The one saving grace is, we don't have to keep typing next year. We made it to next year.
Old 01-15-2012   #9
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Off-Season Thread

Tough game today. We could have won, but the way we played, we have a bright future ahead of us. I wanted to make this thread with all of us talking about who we should keep and who should go.

Keep Arian Foster for sure! Sign that man to a long term deal! Give him the big bucks! Keep Williams as well. Brooks was really good this year, but having Mario and Brooks changing out, we can be unstoppable!

Cut Jacoby. Sorry dude, not only did that muff cost us the game, you have been very lazy. Cap casualty. Also Hot tub time machine will be gone as well. Maybe we can trade him for some value, but the way TJ performed, TJ gets promoted to back up.

So Texans fans, Who stays? Who goes? Who should we pick up?
Let the discussion start now!

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Tough game today. We could have won, but the way we played, we have a bright future ahead of us. I wanted to make this thread with all of us talking about who we should keep and who should go.

Keep Arian Foster for sure! Sign that man to a long term deal! Give him the big bucks! Keep Williams as well. Brooks was really good this year, but having Mario and Brooks changing out, we can be unstoppable!

Cut Jacoby. Sorry dude, not only did that muff cost us the game, you have been very lazy. Cap casualty. Also Hot tub time machine will be gone as well. Maybe we can trade him for some value, but the way TJ performed, TJ gets promoted to back up.

So Texans fans, Who stays? Who goes? Who should we pick up?
Let the discussion start now!
The whole defense stays.
Wade stays.
The whole O-line stays... well, maybe we bring in someone to challenge Caldwell for his spot.

I'm not as excited about Mr. T.J. INT being our #2 QB as some of you are. Needs to learn how to look off the safeties a lot better. Needs to go thru his progressions more effectively. I like his mobility and arm strength but he needs more seasoning. I'd hate to think of what our record would be if he started all 16 games.

We need two WRs, maybe one from the draft and a vet from F/A.

If Allen leaves via F/A we'll need someone with experience to replace him. I'd rather see KJ go to nickle.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Off season talk, OK. Who's our QB for the start of the season? Schaub isn't coming back that soon, not from that injury. Yates could be much better I think if he has the off season and training camp taking the 1st string reps.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Off season talk, OK. Who's our QB for the start of the season? Schaub isn't coming back that soon, not from that injury. Yates could be much better I think if he has the off season and training camp taking the 1st string reps.
Don't tell Schaub that. I think he thinks he will be ready for OTAs. Jus' sayin'.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #13
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub is already off the crutches and putting weight on the foot.

Quote:
What sort of timeline is ahead for you in your rehab?

“It’s going to be a few months here because I’ll have to go in and get some hardware removed out of my foot. I’ll most likely be ready to participate in OTAs, definitely training camp be full-go. But the fact that it’s going to be the offseason, I want to make sure I’m doing it right and not do too much too soon. But it feels great and we’re a couple weeks ahead of schedule, but just need to keep working at it so hopefully this offseason, we’ll be fine.”

You were playing some of the best football of your career before your injury. This almost goes without saying, but next season probably can’t come soon enough for you…

“I’ve never been more excited for OTAs and training camp ever in my life. So, yeah, I’ll be counting the days until then, so I’m excited to get back out there with the guys.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-798dc497b222
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the link help. I knew I heard it somewhere
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Post Game Thoughts, Props, And The Offseason Ahead

This loss is not on Gary today. The defense played very well and did a fabulous job against Rice. Joseph basically shutdown and dominated Smith all day long. Yates made some mental errors which were too much to over come. All and all it was a great seaon I am happy and proud of the Texans and Gary and Wade too and you guys know that means a lot because I am always very critical of Kubiak. Imagine if Schaub played today then I am pretty sure Gary and Wade get the job done together but just not with Yates who was not too horrid when you consider everything. As far as the offseason is concerned I would re-sign as many free agents as possible and I know that some will have to leave but I am not going to guess who that will be right now. Aftwards I would definitely upgrade the number two receiver position and move Walter the number three making Jones the odd man out after his performance today. I also would upgrade the number two CB spot because Jackson nor Allen are great. Then everywhere else like LB and OL just draft depth and BPA. Congratulations to the Texans on their first ever playoff appearance and win. Overall I am happy about the future with hopefully Wade staying put now. Get Matt Schaub back next season because he is the one who leads the offense and makes them move better and then the sky is the limit IMHO. GO TEXANS SEE YOU NEXT SEASON
Old 01-15-2012   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

How many offseason threads do we have? Three and counting? Let's look at existing threads before starting new ones.

Last edited by Lucky; 01-15-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
A time to chill
Rookie

Rep Power: 877 A time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respectedA time to chill is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bob McNair is smart, he'll look for a new head coach. Unfortunately, he'll probably extend Kubiak's contract for 2-3 more years since he finally got 1 playoff win in 5 seasons. I'd also do everything in my power to ensure that Wade Phillips remains the defensive coordinator.
A time to chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A time to chill View Post
...he'll probably extend Kubiak's contract for 2-3 more years since he finally got 1 playoff win in 5 seasons.
You can bank on that happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A time to chill View Post
.I'd also do everything in my power to ensure that Wade Phillips remains the defensive coordinator.
This will also happen

Another thing you can count on is season ticket prices going...

Old 01-15-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Matt thinks he'll be ready for OTAs........ just push play.
Old 01-15-2012   #20
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

cap casualties are Williams and trade Tate for picks. Williams is a great pass rusher but not at the price he is gonna ask, Tate is a solid #2 RB and could start on a lot of teams which is why you trade him for a first and a second or even just a first.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read