Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My only question is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
That one play gave the Ravens 7 points directly. TJ Yates did some rookie stupidity, but Jacoby is a ****ing veteran. Changed the entire complexion of the game, and I really don't see how my opinion can be changed on that.
hahahaha... I should know better than to talk to you when you're pissed.

But TJ's first pick damn near gave the Ravens the ball in the red zone. Five plays later its 17-3. If TJ protects the ball - which should be a young QB's first priority - then we go into halftime up 13-10.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #42
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what bothers me. I don't care what anyone says. We lost this game, they didn't win it. They didn't even come close to winning it. I have absolutely no idea what THEY did ON THEIR OWN to win.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #43
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what bothers me. I don't care what anyone says. We lost this game, they didn't win it. They didn't even come close to winning it. I have absolutely no idea what THEY did ON THEIR OWN to win.
And there is no guarantee we get another shot. It's freaking 2012 is'nt the world supposed to end?
Old 01-15-2012   #44
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Spot on!!!
KW had a bead on the ball until he saw the big pileup coming. Then he ducked his head and the ball hit him in the back.
I just watched it. Looked like someone got a finger on it to change the flight of the ball just a tad, or Walter might have had it.
Old 01-15-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Now I'm all for cutting Jacoby and getting an upgrade in his WR/PR role, no question about it; but that one play did not cost us the game.
I agree with this.

I'm not defending Jacoby, nor do I care if he is on this team next year. but, he's not our #2 receiver, that guy hasn't shown up all year, but no one talks about that.

But, even with the Jacoby miff..... we were still in the game. We did not score 1 point in the second half.

for all I know, if it weren't for those early points "relaxing" the Ravens, we may not have scored all day playing the way we played.

We start the 2nd half, down by 4. The defense gets Baltimore off the field..... That was our game from then on. Whatever happened after that 3 & out (our defense forcing to start the 3rd Qtr) that's why we lost the game.

Blaming Jacoby for something that happened in the 1st qtr.... that's just scapegoating.
Old 01-15-2012   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That play led directly to some of the situational decisions that you'd rather not see made with Yates at QB. The team played from behind all day and that was because of Jacoby Jones.
I kinda agree.... I have no problem with the way the first half played out. But.... Gary should have told the guys it was a 0-0 game coming out of the half & played that way.

Instead, he still has Tj trying to force the ball down the field.

1 interception, even 2 I can understand overlooking. But 3?

These weren't, "oh, he just didn't see that safety" interceptions.

& that don't count the ones Lewis & Reed dropped.
Old 01-15-2012   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know ill have to re watch that i guess the brett farve came out of him i was serious saying in my head after the 3rd INT man bench this fool and put in jake delhomne and see if he can pull a insane last drive of his football career
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #48
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 THE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
I don't understand the Hail Mary. We possibly had time for one more play.

That aside, I think TJ forgot today that we had TE's
Gotta agree with you on that, you guys had atleast 1 more play before the Hail Mary was even considered.

I'll leave you guys alone, but you guys did a number on us,let me tell you. You could tell we had a bye, i think our O line went on vacation during the bye and forgot to come back,lol. Your guys defense played lights out.

Anyways, good luck Next year. You guys are 1 qb short of being a full complete Team.
THE RAVENS DEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #49
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We have one. We're just waiting on all the kings horses and all the kings men to put him back together
Old 01-16-2012   #50
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

NFLN broke down Reed's int pretty well. Plain & simple, a bad decision by Yates. Reed was playing center field and watching Yates eyes. Yates was looking at AJ the whole way, so easy for Reed to run over and make the play.

Also, I didn't notice it during the game, but that hail mary hit Kevin Walter on the shoulder... no Raven knocked it down. WTF? Why wasn't Walter looking for the ball. Seems like would have been an easy catch for him.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #51
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

On the last drive, I don't think the play was designed to be an all or nothing home-run play. I think the idea was for AJ to draw Reed away and open up somebody else underneath and TJ just got rattled and tried to go for it all. I could be completely wrong, but that's what it looked like.
Old 01-16-2012   #52
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
On the last drive, I don't think the play was designed to be an all or nothing home-run play. I think the idea was for AJ to draw Reed away and open up somebody else underneath and TJ just got rattled and tried to go for it all. I could be completely wrong, but that's what it looked like.
Either way, it worked... KW just needed to know he was a receiver and you have to locate the ball in order to catch it.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this.

I'm not defending Jacoby, nor do I care if he is on this team next year. but, he's not our #2 receiver, that guy hasn't shown up all year, but no one talks about that.

But, even with the Jacoby miff..... we were still in the game. We did not score 1 point in the second half.

for all I know, if it weren't for those early points "relaxing" the Ravens, we may not have scored all day playing the way we played.

We start the 2nd half, down by 4. The defense gets Baltimore off the field..... That was our game from then on. Whatever happened after that 3 & out (our defense forcing to start the 3rd Qtr) that's why we lost the game.

Blaming Jacoby for something that happened in the 1st qtr.... that's just scapegoating.
MSR...
that's it in a nutshell.
Our D only allowed the Ravens 3 pts in the second half. The running game was working. The O-line kept the Ravens off of him. The youngster had all he needed to succeed. Guess the stage was a little too big for him yesterday.
Old 01-16-2012   #54
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Four go routes drummed up. how are you not supposed to go big on that play with no under routes? That was all on whomever called the play. Kubiak or Dennison got a little too smart for their own britches. **** the playcall for what otherwise was a very well called game.
Old 01-16-2012   #55
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MSR...
that's it in a nutshell.
Our D only allowed the Ravens 3 pts in the second half. The running game was working. The O-line kept the Ravens off of him. The youngster had all he needed to succeed. Guess the stage was a little too big for him yesterday.
Their D only allowed 0 points in the second half. It's a moot point, we didn't do enough and it sucks.
Old 01-16-2012   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Their D only allowed 0 points in the second half. It's a moot point, we didn't do enough and it sucks.
Indeed.
That is the bottom line after all.
Old 01-16-2012   #57
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with this.

If we can blame the loss on one offensive possession after forcing a 3 & out, then why can't we blame the loss on Jacoby Jones?

Why can't we just fast-forward to the last 5 minutes and just analyze what happens there? Since that's apparently the only time that matters?

I'm really sick of the "it happened in the 1st quarter so it doesnt matter" crap. Oh, they scored three runs off a bad call, but that was in the first inning. Oh, well, there was a terrible sequence of events that led to two personal fouls and a benching for the star player, but that was in the first quarter so it doesn't matter. Oh, that guy committed a dumb 5 minute major and the other team scored two goals, but that was in the first period so it doesn't matter.

Newsflash: **** matters no matter what time they happen in the game. Some things can be DEVASTATING early. Do I think we should have capitalized on one of those damn three and outs our defense forced? Sure. I was screaming all day. But to say the game "wasn't lost" on Jacoby's BLUNDER (arguably the worst blunder I've seen in Texans history), well, that's something I take exception with.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
If we can blame the loss on one offensive possession after forcing a 3 & out, then why can't we blame the loss on Jacoby Jones?

Newsflash: **** matters no matter what time they happen in the game. Some things can be DEVASTATING early. Do I think we should have capitalized on one of those damn three and outs our defense forced? Sure. I was screaming all day. But to say the game "wasn't lost" on Jacoby's BLUNDER (arguably the worst blunder I've seen in Texans history), well, that's something I take exception with.
I don't think so. We weathered the bullsit of our "big stage jitters" in the first half. & I'm not blaming everything on one offensive possession. I'm saying everything in the second half, when we scored nothing.

It's a zero-zero game at the half, or at least should be treated that way. We're down by 4, that shouldn't "affect" our play-calling much at all, we're not in a "forced to throw" or "playing from behind" mentality for most of the second half.

Again, if those turnovers led to a route, like they did in the Patriots/Broncos game yeah, a first qtr mistake can very easily change the complexion of a game. But our defense kept us in it, pretty much negating the first half mistakes.

But we fell short in the second half. We didn't score one point. The defense held them to 3 if our offense scores one touchdown in that 30 minute period, it's a tie game.
Old 01-16-2012   #59
Tango
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd to the last Texans' drive of the game, 4th & 2, a run was called. TJ had the option based on the read to change the play. He thought Andre was going to be single covered but Yates got burned by Reed very very badly.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...oung-qb-yates/
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #60
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That ball hit KDub in the shoulder. He should have caught that ball. I dont like or understand the call, but we had an opportunity to tie the game on the final play. It was t right call, Walters just has to make that catch, if it was Jacoby, I understand the hate, but it was our best hands guy & he choked.

This game, play-offs is about stepping up. Everybody is on Jacoby, but he's our 3rd WR. Kdub is #2 & he doesn't compare to other team's #2.

I understand everybody being upset that Jacoby hasn't stepped up & taken that spot. But what about the guy in that spot?
I thought KW missed it also but if you see in slow motion the ball was tipped at the last second. I agree and felt before the season started that WR was a very weak position. KW maybe 3 at best but no break away speed and quickness. Look at the other teams in the playoffs and their no.2 and compare KW. KW would probably not even be the NO. 3 on most of the teams.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read