Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My only question is....

Why did Yates go for the Homerun on the last 2 drives, the second to last drive we had plenty of time and AJ was not open. So why not just pick up a 1st down, and on the last drive we needed 3 yards for a 1st down, then spike the ball and still have 2 shots. So why were we continually trying to hit the home run late in the game.

With all that said i am proud of the Texans, and our future is looking really bright. Heres to a healthy Schaub and a Superbowl victory next season.
Old 01-15-2012   #2
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My only question is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Why did Yates go for the Homerun on the last 2 drives, the second to last drive we had plenty of time and AJ was not open. So why not just pick up a 1st down, and on the last drive we needed 3 yards for a 1st down, then spike the ball and still have 2 shots. So why were we continually trying to hit the home run late in the game.

With all that said i am proud of the Texans, and our future is looking really bright. Heres to a healthy Schaub and a Superbowl victory next season.
wasn't going to matter, Reed and Pollard were playing so deep.....

This game was lost as soon as Jacoby Jones fumbled the ball and gave them 7 points...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=BullNation4Life;1882305]wasn't going to matter, Reed and Pollard were playing so deep.....

This game was lost as soon as Jacoby Jones fumbled the ball and gave them 7 points...[/quote]

Thats not accurate. This game came down the final quarter.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
wasn't going to matter, Reed and Pollard were playing so deep.....

This game was lost as soon as Jacoby Jones fumbled the ball and gave them 7 points...
i agree but i think Yates 4 INTs helped them out a little. WHY in the hell did we have to lose Schaub this season ? We should of blown the ravens out, they got no pressure on Yates all day and our Defense was all over Flacco all game long.
Old 01-15-2012   #5
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

2 minutes to play, 2 time outs, and Foster has 132 yards rushing, and our play is to throw the ball to the goal line. That's what I don't understand.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilpW View Post
2 minutes to play, 2 time outs, and Foster has 132 yards rushing, and our play is to throw the ball to the goal line. That's what I don't understand.
well i'm not saying run it, hell have a couple of short crossing routes, maybe a few dump offs to the TEs. But u dont throw the ball up for grabs with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.
Old 01-15-2012   #7
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 52238 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilpW View Post
times a million. If this is on Dennison or Kubiak or Yates? That was just dumb football no matter how you cut it. At least get on a shorter field. Take one more shot, spike it and get a game winner out of it. Don't take that risk man. Dumb dumb dumb play. So dumb. We had this game. We had it. Dumb play.
Old 01-15-2012   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
times a million. If this is on Dennison or Kubiak or Yates? That was just dumb football no matter how you cut it. At least get on a shorter field. Take one more shot, spike it and get a game winner out of it. Don't take that risk man. Dumb dumb dumb play. So dumb. We had this game. We had it. Dumb play.
More "they were covering the sidelines" than anything. But I see your point, man.
Old 01-15-2012   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Lance Zierlein said Yates had a TE open underneath on that 4th and 2 play. Anybody have it DVRed?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Lance Zierlein said Yates had a TE open underneath on that 4th and 2 play. Anybody have it DVRed?
there was 20 sec left..... was he in the endzone? On the second to last drive Yates made the mistake.
Old 01-15-2012   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

While I love Schaub been a huge supporter, I think our offenes runs better with a more mobile QB behind center. That said, TJ won't be ready to lead this team for at least another 2 seasons. Any good seasons we get out of Matt Schaub after that are bonus
Old 01-15-2012   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i agree but i think Yates 4 INTs helped them out a little. WHY in the hell did we have to lose Schaub this season ? We should of blown the ravens out, they got no pressure on Yates all day and our Defense was all over Flacco all game long.
3 wasn't it? Yeah but I expected a rookie QB to look bad against the Ravens. that is allot to ask of a rookie QB...

Howeva...I expect a 4 year veteran who's sole position on this team is to field punts and to use his head while fielding those punts and he, after time and time again, fails on this level...

7 pt lose when the Ravens second possession was on the Texans 2 yard line because of????

Old 01-15-2012   #13
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're going to have to ask TJ that question. He saw something that wasn't there. I have a feeling Ed Reed did what he usually does, which is bait QBs to bad throws. Yates tried to look off the safety, then went to AJ... who was open if he was just singled covered. But Reed made a good play. So you'll have to ask TJ why he didn't account for Reed on that play.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

That ball hit KDub in the shoulder. He should have caught that ball. I dont like or understand the call, but we had an opportunity to tie the game on the final play. It was t right call, Walters just has to make that catch, if it was Jacoby, I understand the hate, but it was our best hands guy & he choked.

This game, play-offs is about stepping up. Everybody is on Jacoby, but he's our 3rd WR. Kdub is #2 & he doesn't compare to other team's #2.

I understand everybody being upset that Jacoby hasn't stepped up & taken that spot. But what about the guy in that spot?
Old 01-15-2012   #15
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 52238 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
You're going to have to ask TJ that question. He saw something that wasn't there. I have a feeling Ed Reed did what he usually does, which is bait QBs to bad throws. Yates tried to look off the safety, then went to AJ... who was open if he was just singled covered. But Reed made a good play. So you'll have to ask TJ why he didn't account for Reed on that play.
Yates stared quarters that whole play. You can re-watch it a thousand times and there is no argument. You're delusional man.
Old 01-15-2012   #16
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates made some really nice throws today. I don't want to only focus on the picks.

Other than making a decent recovery of a fumble, Jones did nothing good and a lot bad.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That ball hit KDub in the shoulder. He should have caught that ball. I dont like or understand the call, but we had an opportunity to tie the game on the final play. It was t right call, Walters just has to make that catch, if it was Jacoby, I understand the hate, but it was our best hands guy & he choked.

This game, play-offs is about stepping up. Everybody is on Jacoby, but he's our 3rd WR. Kdub is #2 & he doesn't compare to other team's #2.

I understand everybody being upset that Jacoby hasn't stepped up & taken that spot. But what about the guy in that spot?
Nobody but Foster steped up for us on offense or special teams. We outplayed the Ravens but they made plays when they needed to and we did not. We just blew a chance to go to the superbowl, hope we get another one.
Old 01-15-2012   #18
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

play was trips right side with owen jacoby and walters and Andre left side single coverage. Everyone went go routes. I don't know why the hell they called it. Arian shoulda seen the lack of coverage and bounced out of the pocket for the check route.
Old 01-15-2012   #19
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Nobody but Foster steped up for us on offense or special teams. We outplayed the Ravens but they made plays when they needed to and we did not. We just blew a chance to go to the superbowl, hope we get another one.
Um AJ had a pretty nice game for getting doubled all day....

Old 01-15-2012   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Um AJ had a pretty nice game for getting doubled all day....
He let at least two int happen right in front of him. It's the freaking playoff's take the guys helment off, kick him in the nuts, whatever you have to do. You have a rookie qb throwing to you, protect him!!!! He did'nt play bad but I would'nt call that steping up. And how do you know he was doubled all day? You get that from watching on the television?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read