Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great game Texans!

One helluva game played by your Texans.

We come out with a W but we were clearly "beat" in this game. I am not looking forward to meeting up with you guys next post-season.

Congrats on your season.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great game Texans!

As I said in another thread, gg.

TJ like an overwhelmed rookie in the 2nd half, but I still can't get over Jones f'n up so epically bad

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations to the Ravens, four turnovers in your house killed us.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, this is about as far as I thought they could go once I saw Schaub go down, and I'm very proud of the Texans. Going into Baltimore and playing tough in a divisional playoff game, that's about all you can expect from a team that's used 4 QBs this year.

I'll be rooting for the Ravens the rest of the way. You guys win it all....and then we'll get even next year.

It's time the Texans got some WELL DESERVED rest...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3740 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Cheers. Losing sucks.

BTW: If I were you, I'd be the biggest Jacoby Jones fan in the world right now...
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #6
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Cheers. Losing sucks.

BTW: If I were you, I'd be the biggest Jacoby Jones fan in the world right now...
It reminds me of one of your posters tag line...

Something about Jones being an electrifying returner east and west..north and south not so much.
Old 01-15-2012   #7
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post

We come out with a W but we were clearly "beat" in this game. I am not looking forward to meeting up with you guys next post-season.

Congrats on your season.
Thanks man, make us proud and go beat the Patriots, the only thing worse than the Tim Tebow Football Network (ESPN) is the Tom Brady Football Network..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Ravens.

You guys need to step it up a notch next week.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens MVP: Jacoby Jones. Gives them the momentum and first lead.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Congrats on your season.
Thanks and good luck next week.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck to the Ravens next week.

I would like to see a Packer-Raven Super Bowl.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice of you to say. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope that late injury isn't as bad as it looked.
Old 01-15-2012   #13
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Nice of you to say. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope that late injury isn't as bad as it looked.
Nice of me to say? I'm pretty sure we watched the same game. The difference in this game 4 turnovers to 0.

We just capitalized on the turnovers, aside from that the Texans whipped our a$$es today.

I sure hope we don't lose Ed Reed #20, that would be devistating.
Old 01-15-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We turned the ball over way too much today to even hope to win and yet in the fourth quarter we were close enough to dream a little. Yates is just a bit too green at this point. He just wasn't ready to play at this level and that's understandable.

Congratulations on a very solid W Ravens.

You know, a lot of defenses will just try to blow a rookie QB away with pressure and that's fine but I think that the Ravens chose to try and play on his inexperience. They pretty much invited him to throw it and feasted on the resulting interceptions. Hopefully he outgrows that or we have our veteran QB back next time around.

Jacoby Jones there's just no excuse for though. He needs to be sent packing. With the money we spent keeping that worthless sack of fecal matter we could have resigned Vonta. There's a bad decision that came back to haunt us.
Old 01-15-2012   #15
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerillablack View Post
ravens mvp: Jacoby jones. Gives them the momentum and first lead.
this.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #16
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice of me to say? I'm pretty sure we watched the same game. The difference in this game 4 turnovers to 0.

We just capitalized on the turnovers, aside from that the Texans whipped our a$$es today.

I hope he'll be good to go next week. I hate to see any player, aside from Haynesworth, get hurt. Especially bad considering he's going up against Brady next week, and at his age this may very well be his last chance at another Superbowl.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, nice of you to say. Your OP was respectful and I thought that was cool. Some teams don't have a classy fanbase but on the whole you guys have come over and been good posters and not trolls. Anyway, hopefully Reed will be good to go next week.
Old 01-15-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
As I said in another thread, gg.

TJ like an overwhelmed rookie in the 2nd half, but I still can't get over Jones f'n up so epically bad
I don't know if I want to put it all on Tj, yeah some of those passes didn't make sense, but most of them targeted Andre Johnson. Maybe he was expecting Andre to make a play & it just didn't happen.

This is what "taking the chains off the kid" looks like.
Old 01-15-2012   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats, man. Good luck going forward. Hope Ed Reed is OK.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know if I want to put it all on Tj, yeah some of those passes didn't make sense, but most of them targeted Andre Johnson. Maybe he was expecting Andre to make a play & it just didn't happen.

This is what "taking the chains off the kid" looks like.
You just don't throw those passes. Andre Johnson is a pro-bowl wide-out, but TJ made him into a corner outnumbered by opposing receivers the way he was just chunking the ball up in his "general" direction or area of the field. Even having A.J. doesn't mean you can just throw up a prayer again and again into double coverage like that and expect anything except what happened. TJ took us as far as I could have possibly foreseen, so I'm not upset with him or anything; I'd just have LOVED to have had Schaub healthy for this game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read