Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you Texans for a great season!

Thanks, Houston Texans. This was truly the year of no excuses. The year the team played to their potential...and then some. The Texans will have to have a Super Bowl season to surpass my enjoyment of a season.

I hurt myself running in the Half Marathon this morning at around the 5 mile mark. Normally, I would have shrugged it off and walked back. But wearing my Texans shirt, I couldn't just quit. They motivated me to finish. I think we'll all look back to the 2011 season where the Houston Texans created an identity for themselves. Next Man Up.
Old 01-15-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'm disappointed JJ and TJ gave this game away, I'm proud of the way we fought to the very end defensively. Proud of Foster - the most underpaid man in the NFL - and AJ and our defense, they all showed up big today.

I'm more proud than ever to say...

Next season let's get home field and make everyone come to Reliant
and have to deal with this....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #23
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Texans! This has to be the proudest I've ever been as a Texans fan. All the injuries and still there was no quit in this football team. I can't wait until next year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #24
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

Great effort by the whole team all year. Lot's of positives to build upon next season. I know TJ had a tough day today. But, he didn't throw in the towel and neither did anyone on that team. I'm good with how the season turned out.
ljhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
cant tell you how much i hate your statement and i resent the fact that you are not angry. i will keep it civil and just say they should have won this game.
Hey man the Texns were playing with their 3rd string QB.

With a little luck - Jacoby they could've won this game.

I'm so proud of this team. Good times are ahead as long as Wade remains DC.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally, after all this time, the Texans have become a force to reckoned with in the NFL. I'm looking forward to next year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I. Am. Happy.

Three other AFC South teams sat on their asses today and watched us go toe-to-toe with the Ravens and almost beat them despite our own errors that dug our graves today. I hope they sat there and thought, "2012 won't be easy..."

We were laughed at, we weren't picked to win AFC South. We swept the Jags, and it got Del Rio fired. LMAO! YESSSSS!!!! We split with the other two AFC South teams, but we know we could have swept them too. Injuries was the story to this Texans team. Period. Wade and his kids gave us so much to root for. Foster maintained his elite running status. Tate is quality RB2, no doubt. All in all, guys and gals, this was a fun year. If you don't think so, you didn't see episodes 1 through 9, IMO.

Now, onto the future:

Kubiak has to hit on his Round 1 draft pick, IMO. We're drafting very late in Round 1 and Kubiak has to find that guy who shouldn't be available at our spot in Round 1 but somehow he is still there for us. At the end of today's game, a new season began for us, and that means the next big decision Kubiak makes is who he picks up in the draft...and he can't over-reach and get Round 2 talent with his Round 1 pick. He has to find that guy who makes the offense better, regardless of if that guy is an o-lineman or a WR, or a TE, or a FB, or whatever. He has to be a Round 1 guy and not Round 2 talent. Game on, Kubiak!

Texans Nation, we enter 2012 as defending AFC South champs and playoff veterans. Finally.
Old 01-15-2012   #28
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Next year we defend our AFC South title and try to get past the second round. It's nice to finally go into a season defending something other than the keys to the cellar. I think it's safe to say that a corner has been turned this year.
And everybody else saw it too. I think that if we had to lose today, losing in a close game and out-d'ing some of the legends in NFL defense was a great way to do it. A game like this means next year, when networks are slotting Sunday night and Monday night games, the decisions will be based on a great national playoff performance as the last impression.

Definitely better than a tv exec looking at the last 3 regular season games and thinking that is the on field product. If it had to end, I'm really glad this is how it ended.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #29
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeahhhhhhhhh Texans!!!!! Iloveyousomuchiloveyousomuch. Thank you for an awesome season!!!!!! We won and lost as a team. Nobody gets singled out. See you in late July, fellas!
Old 01-15-2012   #30
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best season YET!
Old 01-16-2012   #31
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Great season Texans! Can't wait for the draft and free agency in the spring. I hope we retain a few of our UFAs an bring in some more awesome rookies!
Old 01-16-2012   #32
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Thanks for the ride Texans! When most teams would have folded through all the adversity we faced this year we still had our best season ever despite two of our biggest impact players on IR in Schaub and Mario, and Andre missing most of the season. Not to mention all of the other nagging injuries and problems we faced throughout the year. They redefined the phrase "Next Man Up", and this team can really go as far as they want to go. Keep getting better and let's go 1-0 each week of the offseason!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #33
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I finally have no doubt in my mind unlike previous seasons where it was all hype that this is the start of the Texans AFC South Dynasty. Going to be a long off season.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #34
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
cant tell you how much i hate your statement and i resent the fact that you are not angry. i will keep it civil and just say they should have won this game.

Yes, by all means keep it civil, but would it be asking too much to expect you to also be realistic? I mean a rookie 5th round draft pick playing against a veteran, playoff experienced defense? Jacobe aside we played them a good game. I am proud of what was accomlplished this season, and look forward to what we can do next season.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #35
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, thanks for a great season. I hope our whole organization works extremely hard to make sure we build on what I consider a successful season. It was disappointing to lose, but I am proud nonetheless. Looking forward to an even better season next time around.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

A great season. The future looks even brighter.

We need to fix a few things here and there and not break the things that are already fixed. If we can do that, we're going to be a perennial contender.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #37
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02

All ABOARD!!!

this team is going full speed ahead to the future! I am going to be along for the ride!!! Been a die-hard from the beginning and I will always rock my BATTLE red, DEEP STEEL blue, and LIBERTY white!

GO TEXANS!! and thanks for a great season!!!! Loved every minute of it!!
since02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #38
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a great season. Made the playoffs by winning the division and then won our first playoff game. Went up to Baltimore and went toe to toe with a really good football team but just couldn't make the big play to get us over the hump.

The team is young and talented and should only get better. The future is definitely bright for our Texans!
Old 01-17-2012   #39
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent Season thanks guys for the hard work put in this year and i'm looking forward to next season.
Old 01-17-2012   #40
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read