Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
Gymrat2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 27 Gymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Blame this one on...

Nobody.

I want everyone to sit back and look at the big picture before we beat ourselves up and wish what could of been and what could have.

1. We Lost our Best Defensive Player relatively early in the year.

2. We Limped into the Play Offs with 3rd string QB

3. The Defense we just played has made Hall of Fame QB's have a bad Day.

4. Inexperience.

5. Vonta Leach and Bernard Pollard were not factors.
With all of that being said Im prod of our Franchise bc we have set some milestones and standards as a Franchise.

Whats Next?

Kubiak is Our Coach, Like it or not.

We Get a Legitimate 2nd WR either through the Draft or Next Years Free Agency.

I Love our Defense, I really really really Love our Defense.

Lock up Arian Foster.

Andre has maybe 4 years of Productivety Left.

Extremely Cliche, But next year its Super Bowl or bust.

EDIT:

Ps. If I had to choose someone, Jacoby I guess

Last edited by Gymrat2005; 01-15-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Jacoby Jones is ****.
Gymrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Blame this one on...

I blame this one on...

...turnovers.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, Leach blew up Ryans/other LB on almost every running play. Vickers whiffed a few blocks. But I am still proud of this team.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.
+1.

And the Ravens. Force turnovers, don't turn it over yourself, and commit zero penalties is a good formula for winning.
Old 01-15-2012   #5
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

#12 & #25
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #6
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.
Right on the money here^^

We got our a$$es handed to us in this game. Turnovers were the difference.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #7
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

great season.

nothing to b ashamed off given the circumstances.

just com back stronger and HEALTHIER next year.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Actually, Leach blew up Ryans/other LB on almost every running play. Vickers whiffed a few blocks. But I am still proud of this team.
What game were you watching? Our running game was far superior
Old 01-15-2012   #9
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame this on Jacoby Jones.
Old 01-15-2012   #10
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak got really shook at the end.
Some horrible decisions, putting the game in Yates hands, letting him decide on whether to chunk a deep one to Andre there. That play should not have ever been called.
Then he really just looked completely unprepared on the last drive there. Why not run Arian to get a first down on 2nd and two, then clock it real quick. Then on 4th, you HAVE to get a first and clock it, yet he chunks a Hail Mary with over 20 seconds on the clock.
Kubiak just got shook.
Old 01-15-2012   #11
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.
Yup FTW!

Can't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to beat a team like B-More

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #12
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

one hell of a game, Yeah we lost but to a excellent team I hope they win it all. I am so proud of the Houston Texans.
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #13
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
#12 & #25
I agree.

You just knew when JJ screwed up that punt, and gave them the ball on the 3......... Bad feelings from that point on.....
Old 01-15-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat2005 View Post
Nobody.

I want everyone to sit back and look at the big picture before we beat ourselves up and wish what could of been and what could have.

1. We Lost our Best Defensive Player relatively early in the year.

2. We Limped into the Play Offs with 3rd string QB

3. The Defense we just played has made Hall of Fame QB's have a bad Day.

4. Inexperience.

5. Vonta Leach and Bernard Pollard were not factors.
With all of that being said Im prod of our Franchise bc we have set some milestones and standards as a Franchise.

Whats Next?

Kubiak is Our Coach, Like it or not.

We Get a Legitimate 2nd WR either through the Draft or Next Years Free Agency.

I Love our Defense, I really really really Love our Defense.

Lock up Arian Foster.

Andre has maybe 4 years of Productivety Left.

Extremely Cliche, But next year its Super Bowl or bust.

EDIT:

Ps. If I had to choose someone, Jacoby I guess

Normally I'd go with "long string of excuses" but I can't deny that they're all pretty much legitimate. We have things to fix and a few players to upgrade but we've crossed some sort of line here this year. We've turned a corner. We're good. I don't give a damn what anyone anywhere thinks. The Houston Texans are good.

Only took ten years.
Old 01-15-2012   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Kubiak got really shook at the end.
Some horrible decisions, putting the game in Yates hands, letting him decide on whether to chunk a deep one to Andre there. That play should not have ever been called.
Then he really just looked completely unprepared on the last drive there. Why not run Arian to get a first down on 2nd and two, then clock it real quick. Then on 4th, you HAVE to get a first and clock it, yet he chunks a Hail Mary with over 20 seconds on the clock.
Kubiak just got shook.
you sir are an idiot
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. The obvious one is the one Jones committed, but that first interception Yates threw gave the Ravens fantastic field position. Seven-teen points off turnovers is the only thing I blame for this loss. Without the turnovers this is a completely different game
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #17
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat2005 View Post
Nobody.
That's nuts. It's on Kubiak/Yates. The kid was so rattled he could do almost nothing. With even a half-a55 passing game we'd have taken this going away. Should have replaced Yates at half.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

PLAYCALLING! Why go for the td with 145 on the clock? After 2 nice pass plays they should have given it to Foster, he was gashing them in the 4th.
Old 01-15-2012   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
That's nuts. It's on Kubiak/Yates. The kid was so rattled he could do almost nothing. With even a half-a55 passing game we'd have taken this going away. Should have replaced Yates at half.
Right after they came back and scored 10 point to make the score 17-13. Thats when you switch out your ob?
Old 01-15-2012   #20
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
I saw Ryans blow up Leach a couple of times, I was impressed. If Leach blew up our LB's a couple of times its understandable.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read