Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kareem Jackson is HISTORY?

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Why Kareem Jackson? Last week and this week he's played pretty well. The few catches he's give up today haven't been his fault. Just perfectly placed throws by Flacco and some good receiving skills. He did everything he could besides interfere with them.

In the two biggest games of the year he's played some of his best football. That counts for something.

Rey

Jacoby yes. Kareem, no. Kareem gave up some catches but overall he played well. I think we shoul definitely challenge him with better cbs in the off season, but if he winds up the starter its not the end of the world.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
the difference in the game was 7pts..guess who is directly responsible for giving the ravens 7? kareem played well...the WR's just made great plays on the ball....& on the TD, it was allen who gave up the td...

stingray

Hall of Fame
Kareem looked decent out there. I think he will stick around for a while. Jacoby needs to be shown the door.

SoCalTexanFan

Practice Squad
Anytime a team needs a first down they go to his man. They took out Allen and went right back to KJ's side. Our defensive front is too good to be getting beat on 3rd down because of one guy. I know we give Phillips a lot of credit but I think Joseph was the difference this year in pass defense.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm definitely Kjs biggest supporter, but he was out played by Jason Allen today, Allen's physical play at the line is what kept Boldin in check & kept us in the game.

I chalk that up to a veteran player stepping up in the play offs.

Still proud of my Texans.

& I feel great. Saying....

Wait till next year.

silvrhand

All Pro
woah woah.. is this the turnaround thread for Kareem Jackson?

I have to say I only saw one bad play for him today the slant to Boldin late in the game when he gave up his inside position. The rest he was all over the receiver and they made a ridiculous catch and it was a ridiculous throw.

He has to improve now at looking for the ball, if he can do that next year we'll have a pretty damn good set of CB's.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm definitely Kjs biggest supporter, but he was out played by Jason Allen today, Allen's physical play at the line is what kept Boldin in check & kept us in the game.

Wait till next year.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
KJ had a pretty descent day, the only thing that hurt him was his ball skill. he often times had pretty good coverage, just couldnt make a play on the ball. He needs to really work on that.

Lady.Gaga.3000

Waterboy
Kareem did excellent sans 2 passes. Those other catches on him, KJ had amazing coverage and the WR just made an even crazier catch.

Yesterday

Waterboy
I was about to post the EXACT same thing.

Both are horrible. Literally, terrible.

As long as we get a good WR2, CB2, and PR, I think we have as good a chance at anyone.

Kareem played HORRIBLY I can't believe you guys have the nerve to defend him. He is NEVER looking at the ball. His primary defense is to fall down on the receiver and hope that his body blocks the ball. He can't make a tackle. He is so obviously the weak link; had we won this game, Brady would have literally **** on him all day next week.

Jacoby Jones is, just, garbage. No need for him on our team, he brings nothing to the table.

Time to cut our losses and progress as a team..

Natural selection needs to be implemented this off-season. Retards like Careem and JJ don't deserve to wear the Texans Uni.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Kareem had a descent playoff game. As for Jones, do I have to supply the UPS box to ship him off? Too many mistakes. Make a statement to the team that if make mistakes like that when it counts. Get a true number 2 reciever and have someone else return punts.

Texn4life

All Pro
I think I'm on the KJ train too, because in my opinion he played pretty well today. Some of the catches he gave up today were ridiculous plays by the receiver. If anyone says he played poorly, then to me they need to really re-evaluate how much they really know about football.

I was about to post the EXACT same thing.

Both are horrible. Literally, terrible.

As long as we get a good WR2, CB2, and PR, I think we have as good a chance at anyone.

Kareem played HORRIBLY I can't believe you guys have the nerve to defend him. He is NEVER looking at the ball. His primary defense is to fall down on the receiver and hope that his body blocks the ball. He can't make a tackle. He is so obviously the weak link; had we won this game, Brady would have literally **** on him all day next week.

Jacoby Jones is, just, garbage. No need for him on our team, he brings nothing to the table.
Outside of the two really spectacular catches, what did kj do that was so horrible? He played penalty free and kept his guy in check. Deon sanders in his prime couldn't have stopped those lucky bounces. You need to calm down, take a deep breath, and consider a non emotional more objective look at the game.

Grams

Veteran
I think I'm on the KJ train too, because in my opinion he played pretty well today. Some of the catches he gave up today were ridiculous plays by the receiver. If anyone says he played poorly, then to me they need to really re-evaluate how much they really know about football.
Exactly!

But Jacoby needs to go.

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
Time to cut our losses and progress as a team..

Natural selection needs to be implemented this off-season. Retards like Careem and JJ don't deserve to wear the Texans Uni.
Just out of curiosity... did you misspell his name on purpose? I hope so, or that would make you look like, to use your word, a "retard".

KJ did not play great, but he was solid. He deserves to stay.

cbs1507

Waterboy
woah woah.. is this the turnaround thread for Kareem Jackson?

I have to say I only saw one bad play for him today the slant to Boldin late in the game when he gave up his inside position. The rest he was all over the receiver and they made a ridiculous catch and it was a ridiculous throw.

He has to improve now at looking for the ball, if he can do that next year we'll have a pretty damn good set of CB's.
I agree. I think KJ played well. My knock on him (this year) was that he doesn't get his head around. He actually made a good play on the sideline. He just needs to get confidence to get his head on a swivel a lot quicker.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I'm not a KJ fan by any stretch but I have to concede that he's made strides this year. Allen has played well in spots but I get the impression we've seen the peak of his ability. I do absolutely think we need to draft another CB (or maybe Brandon Harris is done incubating in whatever hyperbaric chamber they're keeping him in while he undergoes the Super Soldier process) but KJ makes the team next year.

Jacoby Jones on the other hand. He's deserving of a GTFO thread and has been for a long, long time. Hopefully if any good at all comes from this loss it will be that the few remaining people who think he's got value will come to their senses.

Honestly, if you think Jacoby Jones has any value at all then I don't have anything to say to you. I'm at the point where the JJ Meter is how I determine if there's any point in talking to a person. If they like JJ and think he's an asset then they're too ****ing stupid to bother trying to converse with. He's just an unbelievably bad WR. Corey Bradford was Pierre Garcon compared to this bum. He's actually a pretty bad punt returner as well. Sure, he manages that one TD a year against some team that's having special teams issues that day but most of the time he's a liability back there.

If I were the Texans I'd release him. I wouldn't do it the minute I got back to Houston or not let him ride on the plane back or anything. No sense being petty about it. I'd just cut him as quietly as possible right after the season ends. Pick a busy news day when someone is retiring and kick him to the curb. It's past time to do it.

escrimador

Practice Squad
Jacoby? yeah. Kareem Jackson is coming around. Sometimes a player needs to get traded away to get better. Maybe the Kubiak - Shanahan connection can get us something for him from the Washington Redskins or Kubes - Elway from the Broncos.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
KJ had a solid season, showed a lot of improvement from last season... so why let him go now? Doesn't make sense.

Jacoby, on the other hand, hasn't showed much improvement the past two seasons. I wouldn't mind letting him walk.

fiasco west

All Pro
Yep.

Kareem is the only guy that can play a good game and in the same day get a thread like this about him.

The game was more than decent. One of the passes he gave up would have clearly been overturned had we challenged it and the other two were circus catches. Yet it's time for Kareem to go...ok.

Seems the guy has really improved from his rookie season. Can't ask for much more for a 2nd year player.

I thought he played ok, just got beat by top notch throws and catches. He was even getting his head around and making plays on the ball. KJ still has room to grow, despite having taken the remedial course this year. Maybe as a slot or backup to Quin, making the same jump back to S, I think they have very similar games.

Jacoby can find his own way home.

Just out of curiosity... did you misspell his name on purpose? I hope so, or that would make you look like, to use your word, a "retard".

KJ did not play great, but he was solid. He deserves to stay.
just curious... but do you know what careem sounds like when pronounce and what it has in relationship to his play?

if you don't than it makes you look like, to my eloquent vocabulary, a "retard".

then again you already do enough of that around draft season.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
KJ has shown a lot of improvement and will likely continue to get better. Eventually, he may even become what we hoped when he was drafted; it just takes a long time for a corner to get it in the NFL--well, a lot of them anyway.

Jacoby, on the other hand, is a punt-fumbling, non-route running (unless he's not asked to make an actual cut), pass-dropping, veteran whose time to show improvement has more than run out. This team needs receivers and I'm not real impressed with Walter's disappearing act this year either. He doesn't make the stupid mistakes at all, but he doesn't get open and his time appears to be passed. I think it's time to spend a high pick on a receiver again. We don't need much else anyway, expect for a healthy Matt Schaub, which would have meant Superbowl this year. I think I just named the only two players that went down in performance this year....and they're both wide-outs. We need a really good new one. Maybe Walter can stay on as the #3. We do have another one (name escapes me--not the ex-Raven that's getting a little old) that seems worth a look.

fiasco west

All Pro
If Kareem improves as much as he did this season next season...well he'd be a good player.

Edit: Also JJ has not improved at all since like his second year. He's still the same player unfortunately.

rmartin65

just curious... but do you know what careem sounds like when pronounce and what it has in relationship to his play?

if you don't than it makes you look like, to my eloquent vocabulary, a "retard".

then again you already do enough of that around draft season.
Ok, I'll bite. What does it sound like?

Apparently it is a slur used for African Americans (according to a google search), was that what you were going for?

As for your draft comment- good one? Everyone here knows I am passionate about the draft, and I could not care less about what a person on the internet thinks. Especially one who has been here for just about a month, and will probably be gone by next year.

Scooter

Funky

Wait till next year.
i think you've got it backwards bud, allan got smoked while jackson couldnt have had better coverage on boldin. the worst was turning his back to boldin in the endzone, a completely blown coverage.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Except JJ fumbled his bus pass so he'd have to walk home.

Im sure the people of Baltimore would welcome him with open arms.
They might give him the keys to the city, but no way in hell would they let him on the team.

I think KJ sticks. He made some strides this year and might make a decent nickle/dime back once No Fly Zone is ready for prime time.
Boldin made some ridiculous catches today. KJ played pretty well for the most part.

Ok, I'll bite. What does it sound like?

Apparently it is a slur used for African Americans (according to a google search), was that what you were going for?

As for your draft comment- good one? Everyone here knows I am passionate about the draft, and I could not care less about what a person on the internet thinks. Especially one who has been here for just about a month, and will probably be gone by next year.
cool story bro.

keep making your annual erroneous statements about 90% of the players in the draft and fallacious analysis of their transition to the pros.

you have such an eye for talent.

rmartin65

cool story bro.

keep making your annual erroneous statements about 90% of the players in the draft and fallacious analysis of their transition to the pros.

you have such an eye for talent.
No, I am serious, explain why you call him Careem. I am actually curious now.

I dont claim to know everything about every player. I comment on what I see, and that is it. If you dont like it, dont read it.

fiasco west

All Pro
Lol, even GP and Ellis gave Kareem props today. I think you should wait until next year Disco, today ain't the day for it. Kareem had a good game, he was not even close to being the problem today and has looked solid in both playoff games really.

Jacoby Jones...now I think we can all agree on that. If we draft a WR next year not sure he even makes the team since he'll be fighting for a 4th or 5th spot.

b0ng

Bad Hombre
I was actually pleased with Jacksons play today, he did not get made to look to foolish today. I hope he continues to improve, and makes me eat words I have said previously about him.

Jones doesn't seem like he is going to do much for us. Sucks we extended him.

Scooter

Funky
i dont see it other than being a carry-over scape goat from last year. jackson was lights out today covering their #1, and was a HUGE part of the coverage sacks that we got against flacco. dude played solid all season and was exceptional today.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Paul Kuharsky's Rapid Reaction:

What I wonder: Why doesn’t Kareem Jackson turn his head or play the ball? A couple of completions from Flacco to Anquan Boldin came on excellent throws into small windows with Jackson in close coverage. If he’d turned as the ball arrived, he’d have had chances to break up a play.
Other non-Kareem related content at link.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
my :twocents:

Jacoby is too inconsistent with ball security. He makes bad decisions/risks that are unwarranted. His problems have plagued him since rookie season, had some highlights, overall not a terrible pick, but time has come to move on. Might as well throw last standing positional coach Joe Marciano under bus too, he allowed Jones to continually hurt Texans special teams without making adjustment. Guilt by association.

Jacoby just signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract. The deal contains $3 million guaranteed. 2011-2013: Under Contract, 2014: Free Agent

Kareem Jackson, first round pick, so was Travis Johnson & Amobi Okoye. Win some loss some, nobody's perfect not blaming Smith or Texans it happens. Kareem lacks confidence even with adequate safety back-up in a good defensive scheme. Lacks foot-speed & ball skills. Takes questionable angles, lacks make-up speed, rarely makes play on the ball. A nickle cover cb at best, McCain is actually much better despite size, better speed & ball hawking skills.

Kareem is due $700,000, in 2012 & $995,000 in 2013. 2014 is option year $1.29 million, 2015 he is a Free Agent

buddyboy

Rookie
I'm one of KJ's biggest supporters, I think he's growing as a player. I was pretty encouraged by seeing him turn his head, even slightly, but he NEEDS to improve in that aspect.

I understand where people are coming from blaming him. There were two circus catches on him where he barely got his head around just enough to disrupt, but not prevent the catch. Had he had Allen's ball skills, they may have been completely broken up, and one of them was probably an interception. Nevertheless, there is definite growth, hopefully he continues to improve as a player.

People who are blaming KJ for this loss are just looking for a scapegoat and KJ is the easiest target (usually).

TexCanada

All Pro
I still really believe KJ is a keeper. He still has some improving to do, but he really has a shot at being the #2 corner on this team for a long time to come.

LonerATO

All Pro
This has to be the only thread I have ever seen on here that I do not consider an extreme reaction thread. I approve of these moves.